MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Only had one daughter and my one grandson for the BBQ. My friends couldn`t make it because of health issues so brought them a plate later. Still turned out good, maybe more mellow with just one of my kids and only one grandkid. Yesterday I got all my water tanks filled back up and now have one tank of water still in the truck. Going to clean out the fresh water tank(again) and also clean out the 325 gal mix tank fill them up so I can make tea. If I get any time I`ll ether do a couple little fix-its or work on the screens. Not going to see fireworks. To much to get done. I`ve seen a bunch of fireworks in my days and it gets redundant anyway. Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Only had one daughter and my one grandson for the BBQ. My friends couldn`t make it because of health issues so brought them a plate later. Still turned out good, maybe more mellow with just one of my kids and only one grandkid. Yesterday I got all my water tanks filled back up and now have one tank of water still in the truck. Going to clean out the fresh water tank(again) and also clean out the 325 gal mix tank fill them up so I can make tea. If I get any time I`ll ether do a couple little fix-its or work on the screens. Not going to see fireworks. To much to get done. I`ve seen a bunch of fireworks in my days and it gets redundant anyway. Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Somehow I forgot to post the above message. I managed to drag my bones enough to clean and fill the freshwater tank. I still need to get the 325 gal mix tank cleaned and filled. Everything is all set up for the morning right after the chores. Getting old or something. Just takes me to long to get things done anymore.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Playing some tunes and medicating while I contemplate tomorrow. Dam i need an energy bust or something. Seems every year I get slower!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First off it is a 325 gal water tank. I use a tub to make tea and pump the tea into the tank of water. I then water from it using a 12v water pump. I just use water and a brush. I do use a pressure washer. everything organic. The problem is I never have time to clean it out in the Fall after it`s no longer in use so what ever is left over becomes sludge.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Gave my ladies a good soaking of tea and a nice spray down of neem today. They are coming along nicely. Will be getting back to doing screens tomorrow.

4214evr

Wishin u the best once again
Mister Castle
Thank you for being you
U getta chance check out photo of the month by me n maybe a photo update
Cheers

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I did check out the photo of the month contest, problem was all entrees looked so good. Made a comment that all of those strains belong in my garden. Maybe I`ll get the chance some day!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh got more done on the screens yesterday, it`s going to take a few more days to complete though. I watered heavy today and need to get a few loads of water and work on my screens some more today. Need a trip to town soon, may split it up and do two trips around working in the mornings? Can`t get it all done in one trip and it`s way to hard to rush around so much.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh yes need to rush but still need to do a good job. Soon as I get the screens done I can buy ladybugs. also need to start working on my office trailer. Needs roof and outside walls worked on and cleaned up inside. I`ll be needing it to trim and dry my flowers when it`s rainy outside. I`d also like to set part of it up as a grow room for seedlings, moms and clones. There`s lots of other things to be done around here also.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well that went well. I got two loads of water. filled my fresh water tank and capped off my 1000 gal tank. Just need to fill my 325 gal mix tank for the next batch of tea. However I layed down to rest my feet and woke up with the door and window open in the RV and it`s cold in here! Was thinking I`d rest my feet and wait for my medication I took to start working and it`s now 4:30 am ! I got a good night`s sleep and up early anyway!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hahahahhaha, that has happened to me...on more than one occasion. Can't wait to see the next batch of pictures MC

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK now I turned on the heater on low and guess what, fell right back to sleep. It`s now 11 am and not even the chores are done! Hopeless. I`ll do the chores and may just head to town today. I`ll do some on the screens tonight or maybe start fresh in the morning? Yep the little girls are doing fine. Need to put steaks in to keep them upright as they are bushy and unbalanced. Need to get the roots growing faster to keep them more stable and support the vegetation. I think they are trying to catch up with veg growth as they were a tad late being put into the ground. Or it may be all the chicken manure I used? anyway yep need to take a few more pics as soon as I can finish up the screens.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got a batch of tea going again. Got to keep them girls fat and happy. Need to do a fasting blood test and see my doctor tomorrow. I`ll pay a couple of bills and head back to fetch water. may work on the screens if I get time. Really want that done.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Can`t do a fasting blood test as I forgot and had a cup of coffee so will reschedule. I`ll spend the day running for water and take a trip to town later. I`m hoping I can get a start on the screens in the morning but If I get a chance I`ll do some tonight. Well chore time!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I had one of my Limen Larry OGK fall over and it broke the stem under the ground and died. I staked the rest of the plants up to stop further destruction from this means. Kind of took me by surprise because the aren`t that big yet. They are top heavy though having been fed lots and bushing out. I have one replacement , the Green Crack x Pre 98 ( Bubba`s Crack ) that came up from seed from last years seed project. It`s a bigger plant but still not showing sex. I`ll try to induce flowering and plant it in then empty hole if it shows to be female. It`s still in a 5 gal pot and root bound so I`ll stick in the shed to cut the light to 12/12 just long enough for it to show it`s sex before I just plant it. Don't want to have an unknown male pop up in my crop. If I`m careful I can still reverse it to veg if it`s a girl. I also can cut the root swirls before I plant and use B-1 and willow water to induce new root expansion if it turns out to be females. Still hate losing the LLOGK ! I got nine more of them though.

Today I`ll work on finishing up the side screens, was going to have my daughter up to work this weekend but it didn`t work out. She may come up next weekend though. she isn`t working right now and will be applying her labor in trade of car payments owed me on a loan. My other daught is behind on her payments to me as well but she has kids to watch so can`t get any work out of her until the kids go back to school. My Son also owes me car payments but is holding on to the loan money to add to it for a better car. I`m not expecting payments until he gets into a newer car. So goes the bank of MC . LOL! Really rather have the work than the payments right now ! If I get time I need to put the water separator filter on my fuel storage tank and get the water out of the fuel. I could use the storage space also ! tried of using 5 gal fuel cans when I have 55 gal tanks and a hand pump but left the tanks uncovered and the bung holes leaked water into the tanks because they weren`t covered or tight enough. Can`t have water getting into the generator again .No power while the generator goes down stops all progress. Hey you can live off grid but it takes some preparation and is expensive when not set up well. Can`t wait until I can get all or mostly set up for solar power ! It will take thousands to be set up off grid with greenhouses but will cut the costs for years to come once all in. Heat will have to be set up off of wood fired furnace's as solar costs to run that kind of heat requirement four season growing would be to costly. I also need to get to the point of heating my RV the same way as propane is expensive and lugging tanks up the hill all the is time consuming as well. the old adage it takes money to make money is only part right, it also takes money to save money. A penny saved truly is a penny earned ! I have an abundance of fire wood but have yet to be able to take advantage of it ! SAure would like to build a cabin and have a wood stove maybe even a wood fired hot water heater some day ! a solar hot water heater would work well enough in the summer but coupled with a wood hot water heater for winter would be nice ! I`ve looked into wood /steam powered generators but I can`t see that working well enough for the trouble. I think solar with a small petro generator for back up on continued bad weather days is the best power option for my application. I did add led lights to the RV to cut down on the power draw on the shore battery system. That cuts down on my power demands somewhat but does nothing for the demand of the AC or the propane heat/refrigeration costs. I also need to stop fighting the constant roof leaks and get a cover and insulated skirting on the motorhome! Maybe some kind of insulation on the windows as well. Cheapest way to insulate the windows would be bubble wrap put on the windows for winter. I don`t mind living in an RV so much as the hassle of not being as well set up as I could be. Lot better than it was in a tent when I first moved up the mountain anyway! And even 12 volt water pressure is preferred to watering with jugs and taking baths in the ice cold creek!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Damn!! The Bank of MC ... You are a good manMr Castle, I appreciate what you do for your kids, I was never that lucky. I do for my kids, but at 8 and 12 , its peanuts compared to car loans and stuff.

Also, Bubbas Crack sounds too good!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well I hate seeing my kids get taken by the big Banks so I provided interest free loans to help them out. Not big on Banks after they foreclosed on my home of 38 years! Helping my kids and hurting the Banking system is a win win situation for me !

The Bubba`s Crack should be a good cross as the Green Crack is a nice full plant and provides everything you`d want from a commercial strain but the duration of the medication. The Pre 98 should boost the frosting while hardening the flowers and adding the duration of medicating effect. It is just an f1 at this point and will need much work , but it is promising. This particular plant is just a volunteer that popped up.

Top Bottom