MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Still in a motel , got my Fema grant and bought an old motorhome . It's getting fixed up in the shop. Waiting for my site to get cleaned up so I can move back . Lots of trees down all over to cut up as they are all dead. Rented my 10 acres again and moving on to the property near the road. I'm thinking of putting in some smart pots on the lower end of the property by the road next spring. We'll see everything is up in the air. I maybe in the motel all winter? Hard losing everything . But I maybe starting a new thread, " Out of the Ashes "

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Still in a motel , got my Fema grant and bought an old motorhome . It's getting fixed up in the shop. Waiting for my site to get cleaned up so I can move back . Lots of trees down all over to cut up as they are all dead. Rented my 10 acres again and moving on to the property near the road. I'm thinking of putting in some smart pots on the lower end of the property by the road next spring. We'll see everything is up in the air. I maybe in the motel all winter? Hard losing everything . But I maybe starting a new thread, " Out of the Ashes "
All my respect for your resilience.

I hope you're finding outlets for all your energy. Being cooped up in a motel during all this sounds like it might make a man go a little stir-crazy!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well I'm back up the hill. Got an other moterhome and waiting on my place being cleaned up . Rented my 10 acres again this year despite the fire. There are so many dead trees standing and they will all be falling over the next few years. I'm going to be cutting them down where I plan on using the property so they won't be a danger. Road to my water has 11 big ass oaks fell on it. More will keep coming down . Only good thing about the fire is all the brush burned away. So much work. I plan on putting out some 300 gallon smart pots this year. My greenhouse is gone. With luck I'll build a better one in time or may buy a store bought one ? Like to be able to grow year round with less plants at a time but more per year. Have to say the fire wss devastatimg , I lost everything .I got some help from Fema to get my moterhome a chainsaw and a truck. Going to be cutting out all the burned wood for the rest of my life I think
I'd like to replant some of the forest when I can. So bleak up here now. So many people starting over. The fires took out a great chunk of the best growing spots in California ,Oregon and Washington . This is going to put a dent in suppy for some time. The Black market really got hit but it also took a large chunk of the legal market with it. I see local prices up more than a long time but like most people I have nothing to fill the void. Hell I bet California will be importing for a while from other places. I don't know if I'll be able to grow more than for myself or not this year. Money is very tight. It would take 15 k to get where I was or maybe more as prices of everything keeps going up. But I have land so I'll make it happen somehow. If not this year then the next.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well I'm back up the hill. Got an other moterhome and waiting on my place being cleaned up . Rented my 10 acres again this year despite the fire. There are so many dead trees standing and they will all be falling over the next few years. I'm going to be cutting them down where I plan on using the property so they won't be a danger. Road to my water has 11 big ass oaks fell on it. More will keep coming down . Only good thing about the fire is all the brush burned away. So much work. I plan on putting out some 300 gallon smart pots this year. My greenhouse is gone. With luck I'll build a better one in time or may buy a store bought one ? Like to be able to grow year round with less plants at a time but more per year. Have to say the fire wss devastatimg , I lost everything .I got some help from Fema to get my moterhome a chainsaw and a truck. Going to be cutting out all the burned wood for the rest of my life I think
I'd like to replant some of the forest when I can. So bleak up here now. So many people starting over. The fires took out a great chunk of the best growing spots in California ,Oregon and Washington . This is going to put a dent in suppy for some time. The Black market really got hit but it also took a large chunk of the legal market with it. I see local prices up more than a long time but like most people I have nothing to fill the void. Hell I bet California will be importing for a while from other places. I don't know if I'll be able to grow more than for myself or not this year. Money is very tight. It would take 15 k to get where I was or maybe more as prices of everything keeps going up. But I have land so I'll make it happen somehow. If not this year then the next.
Great to see an update. I hope you keep finding a way to put one foot in front of the other! Your clear-eyed attitude toward such an incredibly awful disaster is very inspiring from a distance, even if (I'm sure) it's difficult to maintain.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just got set up and started clearing some trees and now I'm caught in a snow storm. Hope it rains and melts this stuff. Got about 1 1/2 foot of snow. If it warms up it could take a week to melt unless it warms and rains . I know we need the water and a good snow pack in the upper elavations but snow down this low won't do much more than a good few days of rain would..oozing to get the road cleared to the water soon as possible .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Fema is almost ready to clean up my place. I'm planning on moving up the road this year . Might as well make a clean break . The area is stopped to the west from the Ridge and has about an acre before it turns into a canyon and becomes very steep. The easement to my 10 acres runs across the 2.4 acres at the bottom. Dead trees are standing all over and I will be removing them as much as possible . Planning on putting in smart pots along the north side of the upper canyon . Maybe 30 , 500 gallon pots ?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff member
Supporter
Fema is almost ready to clean up my place. I'm planning on moving up the road this year . Might as well make a clean break . The area is stopped to the west from the Ridge and has about an acre before it turns into a canyon and becomes very steep. The easement to my 10 acres runs across the 2.4 acres at the bottom. Dead trees are standing all over and I will be removing them as much as possible . Planning on putting in smart pots along the north side of the upper canyon . Maybe 30 , 500 gallon pots ?
Thoughts and prayers with you brother.
Keep plowing through man:)

Top Bottom