MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No just using a hose off the 1000 gal tank with a 12v pump by hand. Beats using jugs like I started out with! I`m thinking of putting in soaker hoses with a battery timer but not sure if I can time the power for the 12v pump.

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Read most of your thread & IMO your living the dream bro;) I feel that you had a hand in many people success & much respect to ya. You remind me of a friend from way south TX that has some very very old genetics that maybe a very few have & he's very ol school in his approach. I'm not saying your like him but the way you grow outdoors, way out in the country-side. Being self sufficient & doing your own thing. I envy that & it's my dream! He does have the original RKS skunk (besides many other strains from his gen) that reeks of real skunk piss/odor, no bs. He also has a strain called Lemon-Lime that smells exactly of it & has distinct yellow/gold hairs with a nice contrast of dark & light green color as final product. Smoke his stuff when I go down there. But he's not on the web nor does he socialize with many people. He's my dad's best friend when they were young so with that on my side, I will be trying to get a few clones from him from both strains since it don't wanna seem like I'm looking for handouts of his genetics if I ask for more. He has a gold mind as do you I'm sure.
I wish ya the best & love to read your stuff Mark, peace brother!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Great news ! My blood pressure is still a little high ,but better than the last Dr. visit. Blood fat is mid -low and blood sugar is just considered under control. I still need to lose about 35 lbs and watch my food intake but I am on the mend! I do feel better for the most part but hope that getting my weight down improves my blood sugar enough to get off the meds and help my nerve damage improve over time. Next Dr. visit is in three months.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Made it back this morning from an other round trip to LA. Didn`t get a motel this time so conked out after taking care of my pets until now. Woke up to my daughter calling and after taking care of my stubbed toe and a fast cup of joe I called her back. The plan in the next few days id to empty out her stuff in my storage unit to have room to store the stuff now at the house in the valley. The rent is up end of next month and my son will be coming up there for the grow.. We`ll need the room in my storage unit. Once that`s done he can come up off and on and help me prepare the beds and our camp site for his move. I`m still looking and saving up for a better RV and when I find one we can clean up the old one for him for the summer`s use. Not that many 4 season rv`s around in Northern Cali so may have to buy one from out of state and move it here. I have nothing exciting to take pictures of to post but once plans evolve things should start coming to gather faster. I may have to procure clones this year as my seeds got killed off from bad weather. It`s just to late to start a new batch and still have them in early enough for a full harvest this year.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I picked up my son to do some work on the grow beds today and we managed to get the old plastic off before it started to rain. Most of the PVC pipe used for the loops are so bent up they will need replaced. I`ll need to clean up the whole area as wild grass is now growing and the beds will need to have holes dug for each plant and amended . I`m thinking the rest of the soil will need tilled and top amended. There won`t be that much extra cost than planned but there is a lot of time consuming work that will be involved to have the beds ready for planting. I have a couple of fellow farmers who have stepped up to provide cuttings and clones and one person who is local that has some decent genetics. This will allow me to get the plants going early enough to expect full sized plants by harvest. I have much to do but it now looks like I just might be able to pull off a better grow than last year`s . I`m kind of excited with some of the choices of available genetics while also being disappointed that I won`t have time to use most of my own from seed. When growing for bud it`s always easier to grow strains you have dialed in in the past. But I am up for the change knowing that I`ll have a chance to use some high quality genetics I`ve only seen in grow logs and drooled over. :-)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Todays chores include taking my son to the DMV to renew his license and going to get both our Dr. recommendations renewed. Important step if we are both going to be up here growing this year again. I charged two batteries for my drill and will bring the charger and batteries for my son`s down the hill to charge so we can replace the broken PVC pipes from the tunnels. Next will be to fetch a load of worm castings in the truck and get all the amendments and ferts for the grow. Got to get moving on this project so I can be ready to plant first week of June this year! I want to do it right this year with a screen of green and full greenhouses instead of tunnels. Last year when the rains came the wind blew rain in to the end plants on some before they could all be harvested and wasted some of my efforts. It`s not the kind of waste I had in mind, LOL! I`m thinking with better support and better plastic and ends covered I shouldn`t have to remove the plastic for Winter. This would save both time and money. I might add heaters and run a second crop of Auto flowers or shorter flower strains also increasing the overall yield. I`d also need to run a few fluorescents/HID`s to keep the plants in veg cycle and some fans for circulation. May try just one greenhouse set up this way and see if it works. Still thinking about it anyway. Envious of the warmer weather in Winter they get in SoCal !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I can do `with a little help from my friends`. But I still get way to many delays, like today took all day couldn`t get into a MMJ doctor without having an appointment. I`ll have to work on it some more. I`ve got three farmers ( staff/mods ) that have volunteered cuttings or clones for the project after my seeds got snowed on and most died. I don`t have the time now to try again from seed so it is a real blessing that they made the offer to help. Now I`m determined to make a good show of it and will be doing my best with the elite strains offered. However It will involve some driving and I really need my recommendation renewed ASAP. I also am behind schedule getting the beds prepared.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got the Dr. appointments and working on taking off the broken PVC pipe. It`s not to hard to get off . It will be harder to get the new ones up to replace the bent PVC pipes. I`m thinking of using a weed whacker on the grasses that have grown up around the rows and pulling anything that`s started inside them.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My son and I got our fresh Recommendations today. I looked at an RV on the way home but still looking. I also over heated the Blazer on the way up the hill. I think it`s the thermostat. No fluid leaks and although it got ho,t it cooled down and an ran ok up the hill with no damage. Had to shut off the AC is all. I`m going to have to have it looked at again and because they didn`t get the heater working. I`m thinking I`ll cork off the heater core like it was when I got it for now. I`ll need it fixed before next Fall but I won`t be needing it for awhile now. What I need is transportation and some gas savings this Spring and Summer. Can`t tackle everything at once! I got all the plastic and broken PVC pipes down and need to pull the weeds in the beds and weed whack the rest. I need a load of worm castings and amendments. I`ll work on the beds for planting , having the Blazer worked on and maybe find me a better RV so I have room for my son when he comes back up. Need to start moving some stuff into storage ahead of time to make it easier later. I`ll have things in better shape sooner when my son is here to help me. Lots to do these days!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
MC`s new (to me) RV, 34ft .
00J0J jN5GG8rRqyr 50x50c

Latest posts

Top Bottom