MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunGrown

SunGrown

Dam rats are chewing down my pepper plants for nesting materials ! I killed 4 yesterday, most are small like a large mouse, but one was twice the size of a softball. The woods are full of them! I`d like to let my cats out of the RV but their are so many large birds of prey around. Wish they`d eat more rats! I can`t keep rat traps empty and they keep coming!

Plants are looking good for the most part. there are a few smaller ones and the upper ones(SFV) are growing smaller than the rest. Only maybe 5-6 weeks left of veg and most will be to large for the enclosure size. I need to put the blue dream x X in some larger tubs. still looking at plastic. Can`t decide between woven triple weave and 6 mil . If I go with triple weave I won`t be able to double them up with air flow between for Winter, but it seems so much more durable. It would cost more to heat the greenhouses if not doubled .I still need to buy storm doors vents and fans and build ends on them before I decide anyway. Also heaters will be so dam expensive and I`m not sure how well they would work in the snow. Would be nice to have a second crop going this Winter and if I was to get light derivation and lights I could do three crops a year easy! All with staying within my local land use laws of 99 with only 66 in flower!
Looking good mark.

Are you running lights? I ask because you keep saying there are weeks left of veg but if you aren't running lights there isn't weeks of veg left at all. Everything is in transition already under the natural sun.

Also, I am not sure if you noticed before, but I tried to inform you about sex of plants and what 99/66 really means.

Here is the exact wording from the county:
(j)
“Marijuana plant” means any mature or immature marijuana plant, or any marijuana seedling, unless otherwise specifically provided herein. A “mature” marijuana plant is one whose sex can be determined by visual inspection.

And this:
If the premises is equal to or greater than ten (10) acres in size but less than twenty (20) acres in size
, no more than sixty-six (66)mature marijuana plants or ninety-nine (99)immature marijuana plants shall be cultivated on the premises.
If both mature and immature marijuana plants are cultivated on the premises, there shall be no more than sixty-
six (66) mature marijuana plants and no more than ninety-nine (99)total marijuana plants. Plants may be cultivated indoors, outdoors or a combination of both;

You can read the entire document here:

I know people who have not had a legal collective set up to cover the plants they had and were over the plant limit on their land that have had big issues.

Just trying to be helpful. You seem like a good guy, so stay safe.

If you plan to start breeding and having too many plants I highly suggest talking with your lawyer about setting up a legal collective of patients to keep you covered.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dam rats are chewing down my pepper plants for nesting materials ! I killed 4 yesterday, most are small like a large mouse, but one was twice the size of a softball. The woods are full of them! I`d like to let my cats out of the RV but their are so many large birds of prey around. Wish they`d eat more rats! I can`t keep rat traps empty and they keep coming!
Raptors aren't as much of a problem for cats as foxes and the like are. Mine are outside bringing me small prey items to feed me, more mice this year than I've seen before. ;)

Also, now that they've tasted the sweet outdoors, my cats become total DICKS if I try to keep them inside. It starts with the whining, but then they start doing very naughty things, like countersurfing and clawing screens up. Naughty kitties! It's really the whining that drives me up the wall the most.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looking good mark.

Are you running lights? I ask because you keep saying there are weeks left of veg but if you aren't running lights there isn't weeks of veg left at all. Everything is in transition already under the natural sun.

Also, I am not sure if you noticed before, but I tried to inform you about sex of plants and what 99/66 really means.

Here is the exact wording from the county:

And this:

You can read the entire document here:

I know people who have not had a legal collective set up to cover the plants they had and were over the plant limit on their land that have had big issues.

Just trying to be helpful. You seem like a good guy, so stay safe.

If you plan to start breeding and having too many plants I highly suggest talking with your lawyer about setting up a legal collective of patients to keep you covered.

No not running lights yet, a few plants seem to be in transition.

I`m not real worried about the males as they are not near my garden. They are about to dump and I`ll be putting the pollen in the freezer for now. I have 66 females. Oh and a couple of volunteers that I need to dig up.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Raptors aren't as much of a problem for cats as foxes and the like are. Mine are outside bringing me small prey items to feed me, more mice this year than I've seen before. ;)

Also, now that they've tasted the sweet outdoors, my cats become total DICKS if I try to keep them inside. It starts with the whining, but then they start doing very naughty things, like countersurfing and clawing screens up. Naughty kitties! It's really the whining that drives me up the wall the most.

I also seem to have a bunch of red fox running around. Had a stay dog keeping most of the wildlife at bay but someone shoot it the other day , said it attacked his wife. I don`t believe him! The dog only barked all the time and chased cars up and down the road. I think they got tired of the noise and killed him. Everyone up here was feeding the dog and he was very friendly . He like to come play with Brute all the time. Such a shame!

SunGrown

SunGrown

No not running lights yet, a few plants seem to be in transition.

I`m not real worried about the males as they are not near my garden. They are about to dump and I`ll be putting the pollen in the freezer for now. I have 66 females. Oh and a couple of volunteers that I need to dig up.
Like I said, I wouldn't worry much about the plant counts, just good to be informed as to what is or isn't allowed. They count a male as a mature plant as well. I know this from first hand experience.

If you aren't making oil, aren't pissing neighbors off, and aren't shipping packages or etc...you should be ok. The only gardens busted so far this year around here have been ones with over 200 plants and none of those had paperwork in order.

Grow on!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to my daughters BBQ and met here Boy Friend briefly as he had to go to work. Seemed nice Glade she got the house. Wish I could see her and the grandkids more. Got 6 / 200 gallon smart bags for the 6 Blue Dream to go into. They sold me the bags at the 150 Gallon size. Little over kill size wise but I`d rather have them over than under. Also they will be used over and over. I was thinking just 2/3`s full. It`s late in the season so I don`t think they will take full advantage of the extra soil this year. Put them on the north end of the top greenhouse in a row. I`ll have to get some wire fencing and make supports and tent them in the rain.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I also seem to have a bunch of red fox running around. Had a stay dog keeping most of the wildlife at bay but someone shoot it the other day , said it attacked his wife. I don`t believe him! The dog only barked all the time and chased cars up and down the road. I think they got tired of the noise and killed him. Everyone up here was feeding the dog and he was very friendly . He like to come play with Brute all the time. Such a shame!
Oh... oh no. :(

SunGrown

SunGrown

Fuckin ass holes man, I would be be super pissed and probably cause a ruckus...

sorry to hear that Mark, you know the guys who shot it??

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Fuckin ass holes man, I would be be super pissed and probably cause a ruckus...

sorry to hear that Mark, you know the guys who shot it??

Yep I know. He said it attacked his brother`s wife.( Not likely) I think it belonged to his brother before it took to running off from him about a year ago. I don`t think he liked the dog much and this maybe why? It had become everyone`s dog running from site to site and mooching off everyone. It did bark up a storm but haven`t seen any large animals around for the last year. Won`t take long for the bear to start getting into people`s trash and food !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If anyone knows of a link for wall mounted 12 volt fans let me know. Only thing I`ve found is exhaust fans. Thinking may have to use 12v clip fans for autos and wire them to a batteries and solar panel. Also need three wood screen doors that can be covered with plastic. They need to be the same size, around 33 inches wide. Going to order my plastic today!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Some days can only be summed up as a Bummer! One of my favorite actors passed away. Robert Williams , R. I. P. Great Guy. Today just sucked all the way around. I watered because my son had to get up early and go to the doctor`s office for an appointment. It stared raining, but just got humid. Lightning blazing in a darkened afternoon sky and I tied up all the branches as I could until I ran out of tape. I retired for lunch and the power was down so low on the 12v system and the solar hadn`t charged it. Had to run the 460 ci v-8 to charge the shore batteries enough to start the generator. Even then I couldn`t get it to charge or even have AC current working. The whole time I couldn`t light the gas on the fridge that was out. Just took until the 12v system charged and then the solenoid switched and AC current came on. I hate the wiring set up on the motorhome sometimes. The worst thing is when you run the v-8 and close the door, then the steps duct under and are gone. If you shut the v-8 off then open the front door the steps remain retracted. Och! That`s farther down than it even looks! It`s got some great things going for it but the way it`s wired up sucks. Needs to be computerized, set controls, in a single remote controller. I`d just have the settings comfortable but economic . I guess if I were doing an indoor grow room controls I`d have it set tight. Well once you get used to it it`s kind of nice, but it`s still not a house. Bunch more crap happened but not going to get into it. Wasted some time and didn`t get a water run done so that will top the list for tomorrow. I really need to be more productive.

SunGrown

SunGrown

If anyone knows of a link for wall mounted 12 volt fans let me know. Only thing I`ve found is exhaust fans. Thinking may have to use 12v clip fans for autos and wire them to a batteries and solar panel. Also need three wood screen doors that can be covered with plastic. They need to be the same size, around 33 inches wide. Going to order my plastic today!
Just use an inverter off your 12 volt bank to run the regular ac fans

S

seebobsled

Hey MC have you looked at car 12v radiator fans? They have great CFM for your greenhouses. The less you have to convert energy the more efficient use of energy. When you step up or down voltage you lose some. But I think you know it but put down in text for others thinking on off grid applications! Keep on with the great adventures!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m thinking of rewiring some 12v car plug in fans , the kind with clip on attachments. I can run them of batteries and charge them with solar panels . The exhaust vents come with solar panels attached. Need to find doors for one end and passive screened intake vents for the other ends. In the hot of summer I`ll need some self opening passive roof vents but in mid Fall- early Spring I`ll have to take out the pistons. There are also solar exhaust vents that you can put in the roof , not sure yet but any opening will need the be screened.

Got both tanks full of water today and started a batch of tea. Also got some of the last row tied up and staked. I`ll finish the tying tomorrow and replace the water from the morning watering. I also need the 325 gallon tank filed to mix the tea in when it`s done.

I looked into plastic and found some Israeli make 12 year triple woven that is 12 mil and very tuff but it would take $1500 just to cover the loops on the three greenhouses. I`d still need to use something on the ends. I`m thinking it`s a bit to expensive. I think I`ll look into 6 mil 4 year poly with UV protection and see what the cost would be to do all the coverings with it. Got to find a place I can pick it up at instead of delivery.

Son`s GF finished trimming a unit of CV Kush tonight! Yep she likes to trim!!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got very little done today. Son watered and I tied the last of the plants up. I sure hope I get the office trailer up here soon. It`s holding me back on some stuff that needs done! Last word was Sunday...maybe...or not. Well we will see.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got plastic ordered ,comes Tuesday. Getting chores done( late) and then heading to town today. Should have got more water for the 325 gal tank so my son could put the tea in for the plants, but the other tanks are full so maybe tomorrow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got water this morning and noticed the spring fed creek runs higher in the early mornings. Got the water tanks full again after my son watered from the 1000 gal tank instead of the tea mix in the 325 gal tank. He`s gone for the weekend and will return Sunday morning with his GF who is going to do more trimming. I`m just working on cleaning up the camp some and keeping up the watering and fetching. It`s all the little chores that take up most of my time!

Dam I just want to put my 37" flat screen up and move the antenna to see what signals I can get up here on the TV. Way to far to go to RedBox or the mail for rental DVD`s. Thinking I need satellite TV but it`s hard to get with an RV and off grid. They want a physical address ! I don`t have one. I`d need to find someone out on the pavement who would go half and have my RV at the address for an install . I`d also need to buy a dish for the RV and they aren`t cheep ! I would need one that finds the signal it`s self so I could set it up and not have to have anyone out to the place. Maybe before this Winter or when Santa comes this year?( so far all he`s got me in my socks I set out is acorns and rat nesting!)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK got the Flat screen up and next will be to work on the line from the shore batteries to the inside where I`ll mount an inverter. I will move the HDTV antenna as well and see what I get but thinking more and more about satellite.

On my last trip to town I found some wooden screen doors without any hardware for around $49 . Thinking I could put some lathing and plastic on them for the greenhouse doors. The plastic should be here around Thursday so time to start thinking about framing in the ends and putting in vents and doors. I also found 12v radiator fans at a parts store for around $50 each. thinking 3-4 each greenhouse, a bank of batteries with some 45 watt panels for each of the three greenhouses. It will take some cash to get everything going but greenhouses will be nice when done. for heat in Fall /early Winter thinking of making a wood heater in a separate building and directing the warm dry air in with insulated ducting and a fan connected to the controller or on a thermostat. I would also be able to use AC in summer and add CO2 to the air system year round. I'll need a generator dedicated to the AC and any lights when using them as well but I should be able to grow then year- a -round or close to it. Also I could add light desperation and have nearly the same controlled environment as if grown indoors. I`ll still use sunlight most of the time to cut some of the cost down compared to indoor. The question is will running this system save me enough to warrant running it or will I just be working my ass off more for the same return as I already get?

Latest posts

Top Bottom