MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just back from town. I picked up three 75,000 BTU forced air Kerosene/diesel heater and the power cords needed to run them. I need to stock up on diesel now to run them. I`m still looking into a plug `n` play power system but will run the generators until then. They have thermostats ! It`s going to be expensive to run them but my girls need to feel the warmth!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just in time ! The gas ran out this morning on the heater in the Motorhome and it is cold! Rain coming tomorrow through Monday and snow level drops to 4000 ft. on Monday. The first frost is predicted for the 20th ...but. I don`t think I`ll have any problem with snow crushing the greenhouses this year with them braised up and no chance with heaters on ! Should keep even a heavy snow from sticking on the plastic. All I need is to keep them running!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Talking to the owner of some property, three parcels ,65 acres down the road from me. Has a new well , septic and small house( partly done). Working bathroom and kitchen cabinets, no insulation or inside walls on a cement pad, all with permits.Has all doors and windows in. It has two shipping containers , one set up as a grow room. Open space with 99 holes and fence. He may add a large greenhouse in the deal and wants to just get what he has into the place, about $160,000. $70 k down and payments over 3-5 years due once a year. I`d sell my 10 acres. I paid 45 units for it so losing on my property but I`d be in much better shape all the way around. Only thing is I don`t want to be farther out like that and don`t need that large of property. Just thinking about it for now.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Rain , rain, go away! I got way to much to get done!!! and the roof is leaking in the motorhome again, not as bad but still I`m at a loss of how the fix it. I`ve tried everything !!! Dam stuff putty and roof coating keeps getting small cracks in it every time it dries. The one part stopped when I applied duct tape over the cracks instead of putting more goop on it. I think the only way to keep it from leaking in the long run is to build a cover over the thing. It would also provide shade in the summer. Really don`t know why they put so many vents and skylights on RV roofs ! Just asking for problems. Everything should be vented on the sides !!!

str8smokn

str8smokn

You could put a rubber coating over it,or they make a roof repair kit that has tape and epoxy that goes on . I have used it on my popup trailer itch no problems . That's only been a year ago,and it's parked under a carport but it is sealed up still..
STR8

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Used rubber coating. Where do I find the tape and epoxy kit? I thing the thing is it will just keep happening unless it is covered like yours. Not easy because there is just no level ground anywhere up here. Also it`s going to cost. I just wish I could get the hell on to a level pad and where I can get set up permanently! It would solve a lot of my problems. Then I wouldn`t have to keep doing things in a temporary fashion. I`m thinking of taking the survey company to court. Been 7 months and not done! Can`t do the pad until I have my boundaries. All I need to do is start building and end up in problems with the USFS or BLM that boarders my property.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
wonder if I put duct tape on it then covered it with rubber roof coating? That way the duct tape wouldn`t come off or peal up? At this point I`m thinking of buying a 55 gal drum of resin and dumping the whole drum on this thing! I`m so sick of going up and down ladders and still having to stay up all night to keep puddles wiped up so I don`t get damage to the floors!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well if it stops raining part of the day tomorrow I will go for some diesel fuel and pay some of my bills in town. Tuesday one of my kids are coming up to help me on the greenhouses. should be done with them soon and will be able to use the heaters and fans to finish this crop up. Going to put the 100 gal transfer tank with pump in the truck , found red diesel and it was 32 cents cheaper than at the pump. The price changes daily. I`ll watch the prices and stock up when it`s on the down side. I now have 750 gallons of storage space. plus the 100 gal transfer tank and some 5 gal jugs if I find a buy. I wish I had more done and my RV roof would stay fixed, I really do want lots of rain, just not yet!

germinator

germinator

Maybe a like an Achilles boat repair kit. Quality rubber repair
for ya but availability for ya I dunno. Best vibes

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m now thinking of looking into if I could run a lab fridge off of a plug and play solar system with optional 115v input. I`d like to be able to run a sub zero lab quality freezer off grid on mostly solar with generator back up for my seed collection. They come in 3.9 cu. ft . size and are on sale for about 4k right now. I think they are 7.1 amp 115 volt . I could also use a nitrogen pump and lab grade vacuum sealer as mine are getting old. One more copy of all my strains would be great insurance and having access any time would be helpful because other storage sites are out of state and in one case out of country. I`m thinking extra storage space would also allow me to start collecting newer strains again and will be necessary when I start my breeding projects back up. If I can work a deal with the 65 acres w/ partly built house it would jump start my seed biz much faster. The 10 acre property I have is going to take way to long to develop !!! I still want to have a organic Mother Earth type working farm ether way.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK how do you order flex seal ? Anyone have a phone number ? Wonder how durable this stuff is? UV wise? Sun eats up and breaks down many types of plastic and rubber products. Even tires get sun cracks as they age if left in the sun. RV tires need covered for this reason while parked for any amount of time. But worth looking into!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m looking into doing a clone run instead of a winter grow after this harvest. I`d have to run some extra light to them for 6-7 hours a day and cover the GH`s with blackout film to cut the lights but would have a bunch of 3-5 ft. clones ready to sell in early spring instead of doing a winter grow this time around. thinking if they were in 1-5 gal pots just put on top of the beds I would have enough space for maybe 1500 teens and or moms. I can get a bunch of real good cuttings from some friends of some rare elites and may even have time for a few seedlings of some of my own genetics. I could always do a short seed grow this spring while starting next years winter plants because they wouldn`t be in flower anyway so I`d be ahead of the game there as well. Just a thought. I really could use an assistant with my projects though as my legs(body is/ are) 10x `s older than my head is ,LOL! Like to find a young person with good work ethics , honest and methodical very interested in breeding and has some organic farm experience. Also they would have to work for cheep (the Scottish in me) maybe a local horticulture student with farm experience , (single female a plus ) .

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

OK how do you order flex seal ? Anyone have a phone number ? Wonder how durable this stuff is? UV wise? Sun eats up and breaks down many types of plastic and rubber products. Even tires get sun cracks as they age if left in the sun. RV tires need covered for this reason while parked for any amount of time. But worth looking into!
Flexsealproducts.com

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
12193640 10206451966512808 2404472530662087037 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam it`s starting to snow and hard. Kind of slushy but big flakes and coming down heavy. I`m going to run to the local gas station and get some diesel as it`s going to be cold tonight! Prediction is 36 degrees , not freezing but way to cold for my plants. I don`t have the GH`s all enclosed yet but I`ll run the heaters all night anyway as it should help a lot. hope to have them enclosed by tomorrow night. I don`t think this snow will last long. Most likely get rained away as the tail end of the storm passes through but as soon as the cloud cover goes the temps will be dropping. I`m hoping the clouds will stick around until morning , raining enough to melt any snow then just letting up and holding in the heat over night. I have 4x4 but only have chains for the truck. The Blazer has street tires and is in need of a new set of shoes. I won`t get snowed in but dam this was unexpected. I few years ago I had seedlings pop up under the snow. But now my plants are in flower so that`s a hole different ball game !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got back after dark. most of the snow is melted. It was 37 degrees when I got here and it is now just sprinkling and has actually warmed up 4 degrees. Got the diesel but it is going to have to wait until morning. There still isn`t any heat in the Blazer and my feet were frozen and hurting. Had a hell of a time , had to keep stopping to wipe the windshield or run The AC over the window to see. I was in a hurry trying to get back with the diesel fuel for the forced air heaters and didn`t take my evening pills until late then didn`t have any food all day. I`m one sick puppy. Got everything unloaded , untangled my dog`s chain and fed him and am warming up the motorhome. Got some warm soup going and not sure I can eat it, stomach is up with me and I don`t blame it a bit. Still got to eat as my blood sugar is a little low. Oh also had two flat tires in town. Ran over something. Bought 4 new mud and snow tires. I think I`ll eat and get to bed. I`ll check out the damage first light. I don` think this will kill the plants , but likely to stop some of the flowering and make for a lower yield. If I`d had just one more day to prepare I`d have had no problem, two days and my plants would have yielded a bumper crop. Now I don`t know how they will react.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First light and all is not lost! Plants look very well as a matter of fact, better that I do anyway. They need some more care as some of them are breaking the tape I tied them with and bowing down but not broken. A few of the outside plants seem to have the hairs maturing from the cold. It`s about what I expected. I think most of it will come out of it and continue to flower once I get them warmed up. It didn`t freeze so I was lucky. The snow is mostly melted over night and it is clearing up but still brisk this morning. :-)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Taking a short lunch break after tying a few branches and setting up the heaters. They took 5 gallons of fuel to fill each one and say they will run 9 hours on that fuel. I will also have to run the gas Honda Generator to power the fans in them so looking like it`s going to cost me a bunch to run these things. The heaters have thermostats and have them set on 76 degrees , this may cut down the fuel use? Well when the greenhouses are fully covered anyway. Just going to run them at night when it gets cold until this crop is done. I`ll use the extra power on the motorhome and run my electric heaters instead of propane while the generator is on. The fridge will also work off the electric while the generator is on. That will help cut the cost down a little to run the heaters at night. Testing them after my lunch break then working on the greenhouses the rest of the day. I`ll do an other fuel run and a water run an other day.

Top Bottom