MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluenote

Yep had geese when I was a lad and they can bite you. Loved my step mom`s German pound cake she used to make with the large goose eggs!

I`m not to worried about having a legal problem with the trip wire alarms.I`m more worried about legal problems with my Bushmaster Goverment model M-16. I have both the Bushmaster simi auto reciever and the Full auto reciever and bolt made by Colt.I also have two pre-ban 100 round drums and bunches of 30 round mags for it. Hell I got a bunch of add ons such as Bi-pod, different scopes ,lazer aim,ect. The only thing not 100% legal is the advanced Night scope that wasn`t ever released for the public`s use. Got it form a friend in Special Opps.

Lose the laser on it , if I have to go into all the reasons I will , and most nightscopes are of limited utility , a set of ghost-ring nightsights is surprisingly efficient on a "things go bump in the night" longarm. At night generally I'll a 12 gauge and a sidearm close to hand , daylight that's a different story , no offense but while the '16 is a decent arm I really don't care much for 5.56/.223 as a cartridge , it sounds like you've got that part covered though and it'll work , just add a decent sidearm.....and nope I'm not slamming your choice of an M16 , I'm so archaic as to be shooting a pair of Garands , and in .30-06 no less , and those aren't the only examples of the graciously obsolete I have around......

Don't know where you are and don't need to , but keep in mind that Manton has a nice range at the club out there , out to 1500 now , new thousand yard gong etc.etc.it's a rifle fiends dream let me clue you.And they don't look at you oddly if you show up with a dozen rifles like they do at the public ranges.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I haven`t been out to Manton in years! Mostly shoot at a public range but, sometimes I get invited to an FBI range( I have family that are in Law enforcement). All I have for a side arm is a Rossi 38. I traded an M-14 for the M-16 because it was to much weight to lug around. Good rifle though.My Dad has an M-1 Grand and it shoots real nice but again with my disabilities it just has to much weight.I had a 30 cal carbine but it didn`t pack enough punch. I think they were made to replace the officer`s 45 cal auto. Big mistake if you ask me!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Guns Are Fun

I've got a few guns myself, got the 100rd drum for my ar that I loaded but haven't tried yet. Those cedar trees bring good money LOL. In indiana you can get your lifetime conceal carry permit for 120.00. If you can't tell I'm out in left field, sweet buzz. A 223 isn't much but 100 of them will intimidate any wise owl, enough babbling for me. Hope you are well, take care

mal

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I watched an M-100 (full auto .22 cal rifle) Take out a brick wall in about one min. one time. It had a 100 round amo drum.

Have yet to have any trees logged.

Hard to get a concealed permit in most parts of Cali. They just made it illegal here to open carry so I may check out getting a permit. As far as intimidation my double barral 12 ga.shotgun seems to be better than my M-16. Even has thumb hammers.Not much of a hunting tool because it`s to short.It would take out a bear with sluggers in it though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I need to get a better shotgun and rifle for hunting. A nice bolt action with a good scope and a good hunting shotgun for fowl. I`d also like a another hand gun maybe a 45 or 10mm. Maybe even a 9mm Glock.Not sure what I`d like for a handgun but not another revolver.

One good thing about having 10 acres in the forrest is the wild life to hunt.I`ll also have room to make my own shooting range. There are deer, rabbits,bear,wild turkey,ducks, geese,qual, and other animals to hunt around here.My creek doesn`t have fish as it`s to small I gess, but other creeks have trout and there are some nearby lakes with fish also. Add that to domestic animals,garden and orchard and you could cut food costs alot here.Then free water,septic tank,wood heat,solar power and it will be cheep to live up here when the place gets done.

I still have all my furniture and house hold stuff in storage so once I can get a moblehome or a cabin put up I`ll work on satalite TV and internet.I don`t have much in the way of bills ,just registration for my truck ,motorcycle and trailor and my property taxes,my storage ,internet,and cell phone. Good thing because i don`t make much on Social Security!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Cedar Posts

Great idea that pen will be here when were gone, contact that logger and see what he says, with this economy he'd probably love to talk to a potential customer. Mostly I wish you great joy in everything you do, unrealistic but heartfelt. Good night, I hear the trees a calling

mal

B

Bluenote

I need to get a better shotgun and rifle for hunting. A nice bolt action with a good scope and a good hunting shotgun for fowl. I`d also like a another hand gun maybe a 45 or 10mm. Maybe even a 9mm Glock.Not sure what I`d like for a handgun but not another revolver.

Best bargain in the bolt rifle market are the current Savages , bar none. And they are the easiest for the home gunsmith to modify , I've a slew of rifles here built around the Savage action and the difference between them and the various customs such as my Panda actioned Bartlein barrled 6.5-284 is neglible , and I do mean neglible.

A lot of model 70 Winchesters around used too at real reasonable prices , don't ask me about Remingtons , I'm not a fan of the 700 , the 788 was a much better starting point , faster locktime too.

Glocks. Not unless you're going to stick *strictly* to off the shelf ammunition or that which is loaded to those levels. Glocks don't support the case adequately , you * can * blow them up , ask me how I know , the only cure is an aftermarket barrel such as the BarSto , by that time you're is used Sig , Kimber etc territory. I used to be a 1911 fanatic , and I do mean fanatic and then I shot a Sig that outperformed the Kimbers and hotrodded Springfield I had at the time.

Don't sell the various revolvers short either .357 mag , .41 mag .44special and .45 LC are viable defensive calibers , along with .45 acp in the moon clips as with the model 25 Smiths. One of my favorites is still a three inch Model 24 Combat Masterpiece ( round butted .44 special) , I can move a 185 grain hardcast flying ashtray at 1000 fps plus even out of that three inch.

For a fairly nice midlevel decently priced scattergun take a look at the Stoegers , I've got several of their offerings , including the Condor , I'm hard to impress and I bought more than one , says a lot.

N

nvthis

Howdy neighbor! Well now, it sure is good to see you back in the swing. I dare say, misery loves company, to you and me both! But you have come back nicely my friend.. I am just now starting my first grow in almost a year.. In my life, I have never, ever completely ran out of stash while actively growing, but this is gonna be close ;) Just glad my life calmed down enough to get things right..

I just read through this entire thread and gotta say, it all sounds fantastic Mark! I know how long you have been needing something like this to happen. It was tough to watch when you were down, but this more than makes up for it :D

I am now subbed to this thread, and cannot wait to see what you come up with this summer.. Personally, I'd like to see some of your Herijuana in the garden this year, if you can swing it. Maybe a plant or two?

joeca1i

joeca1i

Just put the word out,to keep a hawk eye on him.Same dude that tryed to hang himself from a tree?Starting early,doing a spring crop?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep same dude ,but that was after a quart of Whiskey. Still this guy has some real problems.That guy is no kid at about 49 years old and he was just out of the slammer for sales ,did 6 years. He never grew before I met him and knew nothing so I took him in as a member of a CO-OP grow with 99 big bushes.He worked his ass off and learned a lot. Everything went well on that grow. Wasn`t until this year he started getting shady.I think he had a crank problem. Now I`ve tried just about everything I know of except X but never got into any problems until my DR. put me on Oxi and the Morphine.I got addicted fast on that stuff but I still hever fucked with anyone because of it. My kids tell me I turned in a little `Hitler` when kicking the stuff by my self but that`s all over now and only lasted about 6 weeks. Only drug that ever kicked my ass was LSD back in the day. The stuff in the 80`s was just to mild. I`ve only stold something one time and I was 5 years old.Oh and barrowed my brother combat boots without asking when he was on leave from Nam.I`m still fighting jungle rot to this day.

I just don`t get why anyone would rip anyone off for pot! I`m just not wired to understand I gess.

fractal

fractal

+1 for the 10mm, I had a glock 20 that was awesome but I sold it last year. The 10mm is the best automatic pistol round if you need stopping power. Comparable to something between a 357 and 44 mag. My friend that bought the gun plans on hunting bears with it using the 6" barrel in it. The 10mm glocks will also shoot 40 cal with the same mags and barrel which is a plus.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol good luck with that jungle rot - its nasty stuff!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK starting the next batch of seeds today,still working on the last batch and looks like I got one more Kandahar popping this morning. Here is my choises Surge`s OG Bx 1,Chemdog 91 x Tok,White Fire OGK (Won`t be selling seeds of any of Raskals strains except maybe crosses with his permission) Cem Valley Kush,ToK,Deisel,SD,Danberry Blue,Black Berry,Saranac Red Bud, Super Hero x Sarinac Red Bud,Sensi Star,Buddah,Aliendawg,Deep Chunk, Chemdog x LA Con,Pre 98,Banana OG,Sour Banana, Sour Banana OG ,EG`s Larry,Twisted Purple OG,Matanuska Thunder Fuck,72 Himalaya Gold,Hondaras Hybrid Hash plant,Dog Bite,Toxic Lemon,Extra Sour Deisel.

Others under consideration,G-13,Barrier Reefer,Blue Max,AK-47 x ToK,4 Way,Bubblelious x AK/DSD,God`s Gift,Sour Banana x Space Queen,Double Purple Dojo,Duck`s Foot,White Ruskey,Black Russian,Takilla,GHaze x MK-Ultra,Bubble & Squeek x Love Potion 1.1,Coughdrop Kush,Blue Dog, well that`s enough for now What do you all think on the extra strains? Any you would be intrested in that should be in the next batch?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
lol good luck with that jungle rot - its nasty stuff!

Tell me about it! I`ve had it sense 71 and can`t get rid of it! I only seem to be able to keep it in check but soon as I stop the medication it`s right back!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Any Of Your Seeds

Would be of interest to me. I love the old school stuff so your acquired genetics would fit the bill nicely. To be honest I've probably got more seeds than I will be able to grow in the next 30 years but a seed whore am I. About 15 years ago I had a AK47 plant that was incredible, would get almost black at harvest and had a buzz like no other. Truly 1 hit weed of course I never stopped at 1. Take care and have a great day

mal

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK thanks but that doesn`t help much. I have limited space in my RV to work with. I have a friend near by that has a grow room I can use but I want them started here.I can maybe start 5-6 strains at a time.Depends on how many in the last batch crack. I want to start the ones with most intrest first. I can never gess what people want. Where I`m looking to refresh a bunch of my seeds I also intend to release a limited number of them,The rest of the seeds will be used in breeding projects or stored away for later.So if you don`t pipe up about a strain it may be put off longer or may not be listed except in a possible cross some day.

B

Bluenote

+1 for the 10mm, I had a glock 20 that was awesome but I sold it last year. The 10mm is the best automatic pistol round if you need stopping power. Comparable to something between a 357 and 44 mag. My friend that bought the gun plans on hunting bears with it using the 6" barrel in it. The 10mm glocks will also shoot 40 cal with the same mags and barrel which is a plus.

No offense to either you or your friend , and yes I speak from a great deal of experience on this. Tell your friend to stick to lower 48 black bears if he's going to do this. And to get the most out of 10mm in a hunting scenario don't buy a Glock , or plan on buying a barrel that adequately supports the case mouth.

As regards power , reality is that 10mm is about equal with a hot .357 at the same weights , it's nowhere even close to .41 mag or .44 mag in a 180 grain and up load , an example...a 155 grain hornady jhp over 12 grains of Blue Dot turns up right at 1400 fps out of my 5 inch Delta Elite in 10mm.

I'll move a 158 grain jhp out of a 6 inch .357 at around 1350-1360 stacked over ww296 ,2400 ,h110 or n110....1300 out of a four inch , the muzzle energy differences are only 40-60 ft-lbs and there are a lot better slugs available in .357.

Sure either one would get you by in a pinch with black bear or a hog encounter , I've shot both with .357 , that said nowadays I carry something stouter , I've had an experience or two in the far north that kinda convinced me. For urban work I favor certain semi-autos , for backcountry carry the large bore revolver is still primary , though I do have too much tied up in .45lcs and .44mags to want to move up further to the Casull or the .460-.500 range.......and of course then there is my TC Contender addiction though.35 Whelen is about the upper limit of my barrels for that rig , the big joke at Contender swap meets is the amount of 10 inch and 14 inch .45-70 barrels for sale *slightly used* " only installed once , only fired once".......rotflmao at that one.

And being a gun nut , primarily a bolt rifle fanatic , I've got a lot of stuff that's kind of narrow spectrum and useless otherwise , face it a .22-250 AI isn't good for much but turning ground squirrels and prairie dogs into red mist at very extended distances , but it's very , very , very good at that. And the Varminter crowd is one heck of a lot more fun than the stuffed shirt BenchRest competition crowd , and varminters shoot a LOT more and in real world conditions. Gets addictive though , you end up with a damn golf bag of rifles for different conditions and the powder and component budget from hell.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
My Choices

i'd like to see some Chemdog 91 x TOK, Red Bud, MTF, Extra Sour Diesel, and Dog Bite. Any and all of them are special, remember smoking Red Bud it destroyed me for the night with 3 bongs.

Bluenote you sound very knowledgeable on the subject, have many guns myself. I've always wanted a 50 BMG, but don't really have anywhere handy to shoot it. My 35 Whelen has a 26" barrel and shoots great and my 45-70 is a marlin guide gun with an 18' barrel thats ported so recoil isn't bad at all.

Mark if you want the cadillac of shotguns(aside from over/unders) you want a Benelli auto, if you want economy model one of the various pumps would do fine. My first shotgun was a 16 guage bolt action sears and roebuck. I remember shooting trap with it when I was 9 years old, was really heavy back then
Hope everybody enjoys the day

mal

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just looking for an all round hunting rifle ,bolt action and good scope,and good all round side arm,and a good 12 ga. for fowl. I may trade one or more of the old ranch rifles I got when my Grand Father died if they are worth anything. I checked and my brother doesn`t think you can get ammo for them anymore they take .44 rim fire . They are Oliver F. Winchester Model 1866

I thought the ones I got were the model 1894 but my brother took all but one of those and I think you can still buy ammo for them Dam him! He always gets the good stuff!

convex

convex

With your collection of strains you MUST have a decent Blue Moonshine in there somewhere ... Commerce and a seed run if you got it ;)

Cheers

Top Bottom