MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urbanfog

urbanfog

I was thinking about that also but what is it called? It`s some kind of spray on rubber I think.

Its called flex seal, www.getflexseal.com
Doesnt work as great as they say.

I found a "plastic welder" epoxy I used on a tray and it worked great, took 24 hours to cure and now as rigid as the original. Going on 3 grows, no leaks.

http://www.amazon.com/ITW-PERFORMANCE-POLYMERS-22045-PLASTIC/dp/B001QWMVP8

Hope that helps, as always love reading your journal!

UF

R

risen1

Premium Member
Supporter
i second the plastic welder epoxy.... stuff works great... used it on my coolant resovoir for my truck still holding... 2 1/2 years later. filled a hole the size of penny

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I `ll try the plastic welder epoxy....Thanks!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It looks like I`ll have yet another snow storm to weather starting as soon as Monday.I`ll be sending off my just planted sprouts as they will be better off under a 400 watt light than in my trailor all day.Also going to hold off starting my next batch of seeds until the sun returns. I want as early of a start as possible but can`t see starting seeds in a snow storm.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Mark will the plants you start now from seed veg threw the early spring only because there seeds? Wouldnt clones start flowering putting them out early? I always here people say around here they get a spring crop, of couse there all clone growers.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Plants are genetically the age from sprout to finish,except clones which are the genetic age of the mother plant they came from.Most cannibis strains won`t flower until they are two months old.A clone being as old as the mother plant it came from could flower even from the first set of leaves.

I`m doing three things, growing to refresh my seed stock,Make a few crosses,and making mother plants to take clones from for a bud grow. The planned seed stock will be crosses of same strain plants to produce seed, The crosses are just that.

I plan on taking clones of everything and flowering them out instead of sexing the moms and dads. I`ll mark them to show the parent plant so I will not have to stress out the parent plant to see it`s sex. I plan on seperating the males and flowering them first while the females are not yet in flower. I`ll keep pollen for mating later. Then pick out the females to pollenate and force them into flower. The ones picked for medical growing will be allowed to flower in Fall.

As I will be working on the road into my property and not ready to plant anything in the grownd at first ,all plants will start out potted in 5 gal planters or larger tubs. After the road is cleared they will all be moved and the medical plants will be put into holes. The seed grow plants will not need to be as large and will stay in pots. Later in Fall I`ll build a loop style tunnel over the medical plants in the ground as I won`t have a greenhouse until maybe next year.Just to much to get done. If I get enough time I`ll put up raised beds over the holes and do an outdoor Screen of Green style grow.

My property is virgin forest(needs cleared of trees & brush) and has no power. I plan on putting in artic style greenhouses,solar power and at some point being able to grow year round.I need to fix the water supply from the creek ,a septic of sorts and fiences as soon as there is a cleared section to work with. I will also need to clear the road of brush and trees both growing on it and fell over it as well as but in a colvert because the creek wiped out the road just inside the property line. The good thing is the creek runs just inside the whole property line and although small, it is year round fed by three small springs. The soil here is poor so I`ll need to be working on that as well.I plan on making a multch pile and worm farm and will need many amendments in large amounts because I plan on a large organic veggie garden,fruit and nut trees and berrys such as blueberrys,grapes,stawberries coffee bushes,ect. One thing I will have more than enough of is fire wood! there was estimated by a forrester to be 3000+ cords of tan oak on the property. (and enough timber to build a good size cabin, out buildings and fience posts from incence cedar.) At some point when the fiences are in I`ll look into chickens, rabbits,pigs,ect. Could use wast from the garden for some of the feed for them and use the guano in the compost for the garden. +I get the eggs and meat for the BBQ! I also plan on using wood to make charcoal, clay of the potter`s wheel and to make fire brick, and so much more! I can hunt on my land and fish in nearby streams(mine is to small for fish) and lakes. Life will be cheeper once it`s all rolling! Hey I may even get satalite TV and internet at some point! But there will be a lot of hard work and much of the improvements will take some time to happen.

I plan on sending in a limited amount of packs to the auction here of some of the extra seeds I get. I`ll be able to show pics and have discriptions of the grow. The moneys recieved will go to further my seed adventures and make improvements along the way.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Well I hope all is well and everything made it thru the rain ,wind,hail and snow we all got this round. We even seen a few funnels around here,they never touch down on the ground,thank god!!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s snowing here and have about 5 inches on the ground. A few days ago my Alaska septic caved in.I got it about 3/4 dung out and the post hole diggers broke so I made a cover from 1 1/8 inch plywood and will work on it when the weather gets better. It looks like storms through the week, maybe some rain and maybe some more snow along the way.Not getting the best internet connection. I did get a Direct TV Sat-Go unit but need to arange programing for it to work. It will run off 120v or 12v and comes in a suit case with monitor,reciever and flat dish. It will be kind of cool to get TV again!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like things are going well, except the dung hole. Its always something living in the woods. That TV will be nice to have working, I lived at my home for 3 years with only 2 channels and when those small satellites came out I put money down on 1 6 months before they came out. Had a guy look at putting one of the big satellite dishes in but he gave me a pathway I had to cut in the woods that included about 100 trees, told him no thanks. Glad things are going well, just imagine your place in a couple years. Slowly but surely does it, take care

mal

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We got a total now of 15 inches.Some 5 inches at a time,but some melted in between so there`s maybe 10 inches on the ground.last nite I got up on the RV and shoveled off the snow just incase it warms up and rains. Caught Bruit having a gest in the dog house,a teen aged rabbit! He contenues to have stand offs with the local squirels however. The kitten that someone dumped in the forest contenues to come every nite for the bowl of cat food I put out for it. I`ve seen it`s tracks in the snow. I`ve only seen it twice and it just runs away. It is ruff and cold up here ,but also very beautiful in winter. the 20th is Spring Equnox . Two times a yaer it is as close to 12/12 in nature as is possible.The days will soon be getting longer and the night shorter. As it will be getting warmer I`m thinking on starting more seeds soon.

Motarebel

Motarebel

MC you check your box lately?Should be an Easter card in there.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No not lately Mota but, I did get something a few days ago from you.I was going to say thanks but the site was down and I forgot. I`m expecting some cuttings of Orange Deisel soon also so I`m going to be checking more oftan now. A toyota truck made it in on the road today so if he can make it my GMC 4x4 should be able to get in and out. The snow is melting fast now anyway.

I also may have new partners on the property. A group of people who worked with my friend a few years ago in a Co-op grow and are known as honnest and hard workers may want to rent 5 of my 10 acres this Spring. They would help me with the road ,colvert and clearing the property,ect. This would be a two or more year arangement? I`ll know more in a week or so when they come up to talk to me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don`t know but getting it through Boo. I asked him to use tracking and didn`t hear back from him. I checked a thread in an other site and he was having soil mite problems, his white Mom was looking very bad in a picture posted. Not even sure I want cuttings now to tell you the truth! I`ve never had soil mites before. Can you get them through cuttings?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Heard back from Boo and he`s going to send soon. He`s trying some new stuff on the soil mites called Met 52 and yet to see how it works out for him. It`s looking like more storms headed this way,Dam! I`m headed over to my friend`s today to check on the seedlings. I still haven`t met up with the guy who may rent some of my property yet and he does`t talk over the phone. Soon I hope. I`m going to pick up some starter soil, I think the ph was off on the stuff I was using.Starting a new batch of seeds soon!

I went down the hill yesterday to my daughter`s house and got to spend some time with the family and my grand kids,but didn`t get much else done. My son-in- law gave me a lumber rack for the truck but we couldn`t install it as his drill`s batteries took to long to charge up.Have to make another trip down after he drills the wholes out.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I just started 6 seeds each of these six strains.The White S1`s, Wifi OGK, Danberry Blue, Blackberry, Sarinac Red bud, and Super Hero,.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I am glad Logic is giving out the leftover Kakalak Kush, wouldnt want to see them waisted!!!! Hope you enjoy them MC!!!

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Reactions: mal
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh yes I did get a pack of those as a freebee with my last order! I was suprized to see such quality seed being given away as a freebee!

All but one Super Hero seed has sunk this morning.None of this batch of seeds are very old,most would be under two year old seed. And it snowed lightly again last night! It`s lightly raining now though. Looks like rain/snow through the end of the month. It`s really getting old fast being pinned up in this RV and wanting to get stuff done outside!

Top Bottom