Mean Greens 3rd Attempt At First Grow Lol

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugg

Nugg

I
@Nugg how long you say you veg on your current run? And have you done same veg time in your current setup before? If you have how much was your previous yields? You got 4 plants in rdwc correct?
Started vegging 30 days..but didn't get what I wanted..so I went to 45 day veg..I'm shooting for 1# plants...now I'm 1/2# plants...yes I run rcdwc,3 rooms staggered roughly 45 days.total 12 plants.

gwheels

gwheels

Once upon a time lat year I thought I was gonna grow some major weight in this lol. Green clone mom on left and Giesel Cookies mom fem seed on right.
LOL I have one too. I did get 2 1/2 oz to grow in it but it was a lot of effort :D I think it will become a seed sprouter or a shelf.

Levi7777

Levi7777

ok guys and girls my first two attempts ended with stuff coming up in life and I had to abort plants so I finally have almost gotten through with this plant, knock on wood.

I done 50 day veg from seed and I’m at 23 days into flower.

I’m using an hlg 600h kit in dwc with a 12 gallon hdx tote that plants in and another identical tote for top off.

Rx green nutrients line, botanicare hydroguard and cal mag.

I did stress this plant with to much pruning during flowering I think anyway on top of I had a light leak, this gave me hermaphrodite boy balls and nanners. So I been picking off any I see. Yeah definitely gonna not make this same mistake or try not to next time.

Also wouldn’t recommend letting temperature drop 20 during lights off, seems to lock out nutrients like phosphorus and make growth slow to a creep, and plants barely eats until it warms up.

Plant was 11 inches before flip and really compact and now it’s at 26 inches so far, this strain is green crack indica from ilgm, the Scrog net I have used incorrectly and is pretty much only there for support, maybe I’ll do that right next time. Only thing I done with it is tie some outer branches over slightly.

I haven’t took pics in a couple days but I’m gonna up load all that I have from this grow that’s on my phone. Last pic was 4 days ago.
Had a bath lately?....:>)....

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Damn son you rocking n rolling huh 12 plants rdwc. I’m wanting a garage to run two rdwc setups bad, maybe one day.
I

Started vegging 30 days..but didn't get what I wanted..so I went to 45 day veg..I'm shooting for 1# plants...now I'm 1/2# plants...yes I run rcdwc,3 rooms staggered roughly 45 days.total 12 plants.

LOL I have one too. I did get 2 1/2 oz to grow in it but it was a lot of effort :D I think it will become a seed sprouter or a shelf.
Haha yeah my box is for the babies now. It was grandmas secret garden box or some crap like that. $700 box dang I was naive :)

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Anyone rub hairs on there buds to try and see the smell and then hairs turn color on the plant. Wonder if your not supposed be rubbing them.. anyway I did on one like 5 times and it turned maybe a lil crispy looking on end of hairs.

gwheels

gwheels

I love how the aroma changes throughout the grow. As the buds form they give you a hint of it but when the flower starts to mature and the aromas develop the difference is incredible.

When the buds are formed a bit you can squish them like a marshmellow but soft so you dont bust them. Then smell your fingers.

I am glad scrubbers work. They are smelling fierce now.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Anyone rub hairs on there buds to try and see the smell and then hairs turn color on the plant. Wonder if your not supposed be rubbing them.. anyway I did on one like 5 times and it turned maybe a lil crispy looking on end of hairs.
Yea, I've noticed if the hairs are rubbed a lot, they will die off. I noticed the spots where my buds were getting rubbed by other leaves, the hairs would be brown and shriveled up.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Thanks for the info!!!! I’ll be squeezing buds and not tripping on hairs now lol
I love how the aroma changes throughout the grow. As the buds form they give you a hint of it but when the flower starts to mature and the aromas develop the difference is incredible.

When the buds are formed a bit you can squish them like a marshmellow but soft so you dont bust them. Then smell your fingers.

I am glad scrubbers work. They are smelling fierce now.

Yea, I've noticed if the hairs are rubbed a lot, they will die off. I noticed the spots where my buds were getting rubbed by other leaves, the hairs would be brown and shriveled up.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Yellow leaf. You think about time to add nutes? Been running this for a month with only soil nutes.
Has your main stalk always been so noticeably purple-ish down at the base? Wondering if maybe you're starting to get rootbound. I'm probably dead wrong, but that kinda jumped out at me when I noticed you're using a plastic pot.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Has your main stalk always been so noticeably purple-ish down at the base? Wondering if maybe you're starting to get rootbound. I'm probably dead wrong, but that kinda jumped out at me when I noticed you're using a plastic pot.
Yeah been purple long time this a clone from other plant had same thing in hydro. Idk but yeah it’s only like half gallon pot. I’m not familiar in soil about how long I can keep it in this pot. Guessing 30 days is probably max? I’ll let it completely dry and see if I can pull it out and trim roots if that is the case.... don’t have room to let this mom go to bigger pot right now.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Idk but yeah it’s only like half gallon pot. I’m not familiar in soil about how long I can keep it in this pot. Guessing 30 days is probably max?
I'm not sure. All my seedlings have been started out in little margarine dishes or styro cups before being put right into their final 3-gallon fabric pots (I grow autos, though). You may want to look into fabric. Of all the problems I tend to have, rootbinding definitely hasn't been one of them.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Yeah been purple long time this a clone from other plant had same thing in hydro. Idk but yeah it’s only like half gallon pot. I’m not familiar in soil about how long I can keep it in this pot. Guessing 30 days is probably max? I’ll let it completely dry and see if I can pull it out and trim roots if that is the case.... don’t have room to let this mom go to bigger pot right now.
It should do the trick. You wont even need nutrients the fresh roots soil you got and a few days should be good.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

If you plan on doing it again from the start it's easier to keep them in a square pot. It makes root pruning easier.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yellow leaf. You think about time to add nutes? Been running this for a month with only soil nutes.
Yeah she's looking hungry bruh, got some signs of deficiency there.. Looks like it could use a bigger pot too.

Top Bottom