Med-man Beds

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grayarea

grayarea

that adds up better. the "beds" part confused me. i guess it could be getting side light from 2 other beds though which would make more since. this guys threads are hard to follow.

DrFever

DrFever

how does 4x4 per 600w compare to 5x5 per 1000w in you're opinion?

Well there would be a huge difference 1000 watt would kill it althogh 600 watts are more efficient watt for watt there is no comparison when it comes to horse power or in light terms Umol 1000's 2100 umol new bulb 1925 stable vs 600 @ 1170 output stable
when comparing them into 4 x 4 600 @ 37 watts per Sq foot or 1000 @ 5 x 5 at 40 that 3 watt per sq foot difference is a huge difference in comparison lift that 600 light in 4 x 4 area and power drops drasticallyy or umol readings is pushing its limits outter edge of area plants will indeed stretch would be better off 3.5 x 3.5 or een 3 x 3 its sugested 2 - 600's or 5 x 5
Even 2 600's would struggle to compete with one 1000's there a force to be reckoned with
Gallery 11738 4816 297449
Gallery 11738 4816 339701

med man

med man

Breeder
how does 4x4 per 600w compare to 5x5 per 1000w in you're opinion?

hi gray area

it all depends on your situation. the most important factor is using adjustawing relectors. i have a veg tent that is 8x8 and 5 x 10 and a brreding tent thats 5x10 and the plants, buds, seeds are impaccable, when i am on the ball that is. most failures are always connected to too much: nutes, lights, heat, etc

ex 1 = if you put 2 600 in place of 1 - 1000, you can double your yield for virtually the same wattge, cooling etc

ex 2 = you can replace 2 x 1000 with 3 x 600 and 1.5 - 2 x your return for less wattgae cooling etc.

ez 3 = if you have a room with 12-15 1000 in it, you can double your floor are and plants with 25-30 600 and not even change your a/c .

ex 4 - most guys that just replace 1000 for 600 get the same and better results and cut there over-head in half (when considering running and cooling costs and stress related issues). because in summer months there is never any issues with heat.

remember, in most these set ups, the 1 600w covers a 4x5 area for budding

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
benefits of beds:

- no transplanting
- no root shock/stress
- less work and over-head
- utilize scrog for optimal yield and quality
- soil is reused
- cleanup and restart are a snap
- leader, feeder and breather roots all get optimal conditions
- humidity is kept lower
- less nutes are used
- no hand watering
- beds can be packed in large, very large areas

med-man

DrFever

DrFever

The best i ever yielded was purple kush 2000 watts umbrella open ended hoods 73 plants 13 x 16 sealed c02 little over 7 pounds dry that is 28 pounds wet clone and 5 week veg

first time i saw a 600 watt bulb i cracked up thought look at this mickey mouse bulb comparing it to a 1000 Hordi lol
Personally in real world times just have to google what average yields 600's do best runs with high yielders are putting down pound and change and that is above average
1000's are hitting the 3 mark now pretty consistently
as for my self have 3 new 1215 watt nano's looking forward to giving them a shot
i have friend that swear by 600's we grew same strain what i saw was his plants were more stretchy as in taller but smaller everything
lets face it 1000's do produce heat but again heat is what i want for every 10 degree rise in temps metobolic rates doublle so groth doubles here 2 - 3 " clones 10 days later not even 2 weeks old yet can pass for 2.5 - 3 week old plants lol and a picture of that 2 k grow that was a killer grow
Gallery 11738 4816 72830
Afganstan
Gallery 11738 4816 67835

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Nice stuff guys. Still in the 25sites per 1K game here...short veg times for sure compared to beds. Have only casually dicked around with a few 600's on the side...they haven't matched a 1K for yield on a watt-to-watt basis for me yet. But I haven't given them a proper effort either I suppose.
Are you guys accommodating for any runoff in those beds?

med man

med man

Breeder
there is no run-off for the beds

a strategic ppm and liters per plant per feed is it

3 x 600w over a 4x8 area will yield more for less

what i was trying to say was, you can double your area if you have it, and yield for the same a/c.

we can talk yield per watt all day long for sure, and everyone is right about it.

but i think in annual terms. how much overhead vs how much return? 600 wins every time. math will never lie.

but that is for me. i dont rock small grows anymore. so effieciency becomes a bigger player in my formula. it always has.

adjustawings light meters are off the chart 18 inches away from the canapoy, and even brighter around the perimter. i have the space.

every thing is subject to the growers objectives x resources

med-man

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

benefits of beds:

- no transplanting
- no root shock/stress
- less work and over-head
- utilize scrog for optimal yield and quality
- soil is reused
- cleanup and restart are a snap
- leader, feeder and breather roots all get optimal conditions
- humidity is kept lower
- less nutes are used
- no hand watering
- beds can be packed in large, very large areas

med-man
Your room looks great and I'm sure you know what you're doing.
I just can't wrap my head around about how you are going to get rid of the larf on the bottoms?
Or does that even matter for your grow?

DrFever

DrFever

we can take the vertical equation or same space room vs horizontal lets use the 135 percent more space does this equate to 135 percent more yield ??? Nope it does not
There always has been a debate 600's vs 1000's just because one may be more efficient watt for watt does not mean its going to yield more truth is you place that 600 watt 36 " away from canopy you got shitty umol @ 36 " 1000's is still nailing it hard
now place it into real world settings 20 - 24" above canopy the difference that a 1000 will hit the plant is so much better as in par and we all know what par does to plant growth and specially yield but getting back to the science to prove its lieing that 135 percent more lit area would it not mean 135 percent more yield ??? and really is Vertical growing out yielding horizontal by 135 percent ???
Not even close most vert grows are achieving .87 grams that is a far cry from what 1000;s are capable of its all about intensity throw away the science when it comes to being hands on or real time
when talking average growers using 600's there numbers are nothing to write home about in real world settings if they even pulled a pound there histatic TBH very few are really killing it and again with multiple plants
And lets dismiss Heaths numbers cause 12 years later know one has ever matched what he claimed so that is a moot point specially with the advancements in the lighting industry surely with allot of great growers on all sites it would of been matched by now
I am not here to change any ones views on what they want to use do what works best for your situation but i will say and like its stressed everywhere in order to produce product you need horsepower and 1000's are my best bang for the buck no need to run 3 600's in a 4 x 8 run 3 1000's and kill it with donkey dicks from soil to canopy not larf crap that a 600 will feed you and thems are facts 600's are to week they should of made like the 860 watt then were talking but 600's no comparison to 1000's
Gallery 11738 4880 74323

Top Bottom