Med-man Beds

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
med man

med man

Breeder
even though we are a bit off topic.

i can assure you i personally can yield more in 1000 sq ft then i can in 500 sq ft given 100 amps of power

like i said. we all have our own situation. if 1 bed yields 4 pounds. 2 beds will yield 8. math never lies, under optimal conditions.

i know a guy had 2 massive falures due to heat issues this extreme summer. 1000 did not help that situation

med-man

med man

med man

Breeder
you know what would be rad:

if we started a grow off thread. where every entrant gets up to 2000 watts to pump out the most, and high quality considered, bud in 90's days. unlimited plant numbers.

but when it comes to strain it has to be a kush plant. and i dont mean beaster kush. i mean high end trips kush.

talking is one thing. growing is another.

how does that sound? i have a 4 x 10 table to put 2 600 over. under optimal conditions i should get 4 pounds. in 90 days.

who's in boys? nothing like a good old fashioned grow off!!!

no vert or column grows/stadium etc. just good old flat land trditional

med-man

lemons

lemons

2 6's over a 4x10 and grt 4 dry lbs in 90 days,
So that's a one month veg period?
That's crazy. You said you were doin one plant per 2 square foot, right?

Just trying to apply some of these ideas to my 2 400's.. 3x8 maybe... Aim for 2 lbs in 90 days. Gonna do some more reading, I like the law of four thread. Are you using amended soil in a drip-fed bed?
2 6's over a 4x10 and grt 4 dry lbs in 90 days,
So that's a one month veg period?
That's crazy. You said you were doin one plant per 2 square foot, right?

Just trying to apply some of these ideas to my 2 400's.. 3x8 maybe... Aim for 2 lbs in 90 days. Gonna do some more reading, I like the law of four thread. Are you using amended soil in a drip-fed bed?

med man

med man

Breeder
hi lemons

that is for the "grow off" question lol haha

this is a bed thread, not a grow off :)

the med-man mix is in here. (post #38) no amendments. all nutes are fed via dripline

there would be no issue doing super soil or live soil etc. just not my cup of tea (pun intended lol)

but still. i would love to get 4 pound per 8x5 area. should be hard with screens and co2 right?

and adjuastwings are the real secret to spreading the light out

med-man

grayarea

grayarea

you know what would be rad:

if we started a grow off thread. where every entrant gets up to 2000 watts to pump out the most, and high quality considered, bud in 90's days. unlimited plant numbers.

but when it comes to strain it has to be a kush plant. and i dont mean beaster kush. i mean high end trips kush.

talking is one thing. growing is another.

how does that sound? i have a 4 x 10 table to put 2 600 over. under optimal conditions i should get 4 pounds. in 90 days.

who's in boys? nothing like a good old fashioned grow off!!!

no vert or column grows/stadium etc. just good old flat land trditional

med-man

you mean a mother plant contest?

sixstring

sixstring

we can take the vertical equation or same space room vs horizontal lets use the 135 percent more space does this equate to 135 percent more yield ??? Nope it does not
There always has been a debate 600's vs 1000's just because one may be more efficient watt for watt does not mean its going to yield more truth is you place that 600 watt 36 " away from canopy you got shitty umol @ 36 " 1000's is still nailing it hard
now place it into real world settings 20 - 24" above canopy the difference that a 1000 will hit the plant is so much better as in par and we all know what par does to plant growth and specially yield but getting back to the science to prove its lieing that 135 percent more lit area would it not mean 135 percent more yield ??? and really is Vertical growing out yielding horizontal by 135 percent ???
Not even close most vert grows are achieving .87 grams that is a far cry from what 1000;s are capable of its all about intensity throw away the science when it comes to being hands on or real time
when talking average growers using 600's there numbers are nothing to write home about in real world settings if they even pulled a pound there histatic TBH very few are really killing it and again with multiple plants
And lets dismiss Heaths numbers cause 12 years later know one has ever matched what he claimed so that is a moot point specially with the advancements in the lighting industry surely with allot of great growers on all sites it would of been matched by now
I am not here to change any ones views on what they want to use do what works best for your situation but i will say and like its stressed everywhere in order to produce product you need horsepower and 1000's are my best bang for the buck no need to run 3 600's in a 4 x 8 run 3 1000's and kill it with donkey dicks from soil to canopy not larf crap that a 600 will feed you and thems are facts 600's are to week they should of made like the 860 watt then were talking but 600's no comparison to 1000's View attachment 548344
After seeing what happened in the potm thread i have to wonder,is that even your picture ?
The whole 1000w vs 600w has been hashed out all over the net but your comparisons seem to underestimate the fact that a 600w can be much closer to the plants.and to say plants under a 600 will always have larf down low is wrong.i get nice dense buds down to the dirt,ya just gotta space plants properly .

DrFever

DrFever

six string how much closer can you get a 600 ??? i have run 1000'sthem 14- 16" from tops with air movement between canopy and light
also note that closer the 600 gets the less canopy space it will cover so your screwed that way so outside plants are stretching like a mofo
Ask our self what are average yields for 600's
Here i will make it easy for you expect .5 per watt for novice grower that equates to 300 grams
Intermediate grower lets go .7 maybe .8 gpw 480 grams well below 1 gpw now lets look at a pro who has everything dialed in maybe 1.1 660 grams this is lets face it 600 watts is going to be in the 480 grams or 17 oz range 3 x 3 6 plants the more plants you add actually less yield per plant occurs cause of compaction and foilage but hey i guess you can always strip them leafs off them plants so lower bud sites might develop lol
with 1k's there is no need to run them that low to the plant running 1k at 16" or 26 " its litterally same dam penetration as in umol
so your defeating the purpose of lowering the light and getting less coverage
pretty simple really 600 maybe more effcient cost wise watt or watt but or every 6" that 600 gets moved away from the canopy your losing the effciency by 15 percent every 6 inches so really
me and buddy all we grew was pure power he ran 600's i ran 1000's i always beat him in yield his plants were tall stretchy one bud top bud was nice rest was small in comparison difference he ran 48 plants i ran 12 lol truth
most cases people use 600's cause of space and possibly heat but its always been known 1000's produce more bigger buds bigger plants and more yield
If you average it out what are most 600 growers achieving ??? 480 grams per 17 oz ??
what are most 1000 watt growers achieving 2 - 3 pounds per 1 k remember your talking about 1000 that is almost double the power :) seen it over n over n over n over did i say over n over there six string ???
2- 600's would struggle to beat 1 1000 watt at the end of the day its numbers that count like i said around DEC i will be firing up a journal here jihadi kush and train wreck x pck ,, under 1215 watt nano's i'll show you growth rates and most importantly yields like 3 + pounds per no worries there

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
six string how much closer can you get a 600 ??? i have run 1000'sthem 14- 16" from tops with air movement between canopy and light
also note that closer the 600 gets the less canopy space it will cover so your screwed that way so outside plants are stretching like a mofo
Ask our self what are average yields for 600's
Here i will make it easy for you expect .5 per watt for novice grower that equates to 300 grams
Intermediate grower lets go .7 maybe .8 gpw 480 grams well below 1 gpw now lets look at a pro who has everything dialed in maybe 1.1 660 grams this is lets face it 600 watts is going to be in the 480 grams or 17 oz range 3 x 3 6 plants the more plants you add actually less yield per plant occurs cause of compaction and foilage but hey i guess you can always strip them leafs off them plants so lower bud sites might develop lol
with 1k's there is no need to run them that low to the plant running 1k at 16" or 26 " its litterally same dam penetration as in umol
so your defeating the purpose of lowering the light and getting less coverage
pretty simple really 600 maybe more effcient cost wise watt or watt but or every 6" that 600 gets moved away from the canopy your losing the effciency by 15 percent every 6 inches so really
me and buddy all we grew was pure power he ran 600's i ran 1000's i always beat him in yield his plants were tall stretchy one bud top bud was nice rest was small in comparison difference he ran 48 plants i ran 12 lol truth
most cases people use 600's cause of space and possibly heat but its always been known 1000's produce more bigger buds bigger plants and more yield
If you average it out what are most 600 growers achieving ??? 480 grams per 17 oz ??
what are most 1000 watt growers achieving 2 - 3 pounds per 1 k remember your talking about 1000 that is almost double the power :) seen it over n over n over n over did i say over n over there six string ???
2- 600's would struggle to beat 1 1000 watt at the end of the day its numbers that count like i said around DEC i will be firing up a journal here jihadi kush and train wreck x pck ,, under 1215 watt nano's i'll show you growth rates and most importantly yields like 3 + pounds per no worries there

Will you be using your own pics for the journal or the ones you stole off of "Mr blackcat" ?

DrFever

DrFever

Will you be using your own pics for the journal or the ones you stole off of "Mr blackcat" ?
?? what are you talking about ??? you saying these pictures i posted here other then the warehouse are not mine ?? think again i find it funny when i school someone on something they in turn go to what eve extreme to demean or what ever bottom line every pic on here is indeed mine there Mr gadget you should sit down you might learn a thing or two there kido
Gallery 11738 4815 996222

Last edited:
med man

med man

Breeder
adjustawings, 600w digi an blast is "identical" to a 1000 mag

i can light a 5x5 area and get a nice even canopy, 12-18 inches away from it. in fact its brighter on the perimeter then undr the bulb :-)

if i grew chronic, sea of green, under this set up, i would get a kilo dired of bud. my best is almost 2 pounds from 2 400 in a bc northern lights box

med-man

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
?? what are you talking about ??? you saying these pictures i posted here other then the warehouse are not mine ?? think again i find it funny when i school someone on something they in turn go to what eve extreme to demean or what ever bottom line every pic on here is indeed mine there Mr gadget you should sit down you might learn a thing or two there kido View attachment 548604
He's referring to the picture you posted in the POTM, the one clearly taken by a photographer who grows. You trying to play it off and not acknowledge it makes you look like even more of a chump.

Sorry @med man for bringing any negativity to your thread- just don't like seeing my friends stolen from. Continue your good work sir!

sixstring

sixstring

?? what are you talking about ??? you saying these pictures i posted here other then the warehouse are not mine ?? think again i find it funny when i school someone on something they in turn go to what eve extreme to demean or what ever bottom line every pic on here is indeed mine there Mr gadget you should sit down you might learn a thing or two there kido View attachment 548604

Looks like a bunch of bags of larf lmao.so what the warehouse pics aint yours either? Please stop,lets just leave med man's bed thread alone.sounds like you should pay attention here and learn something from @med man

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

even though we are a bit off topic.

i can assure you i personally can yield more in 1000 sq ft then i can in 500 sq ft given 100 amps of power

like i said. we all have our own situation. if 1 bed yields 4 pounds. 2 beds will yield 8. math never lies, under optimal conditions.

i know a guy had 2 massive falures due to heat issues this extreme summer. 1000 did not help that situation

med-man
I felt that heat.. Can't wait to see er go . Everyone has a style and a way of doing things . Keeping it green and passing good vibes ☺ 420 lyfePpP.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I'm sorry but that's not cool . I agree with the other posts . I'd yoy gotta steal pics . That's soft as butter . Especially when calling other people out . Med man. Got respect for you and any way you choose to grow . Don't call him that for no reason.
Sorry for jacking the thread. Peace and good vibes to you med man.

Top Bottom