Medical Grow – Coco, 1200w. [Himalayan Gold & OG Kush]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raiderfan420

Are your serious, you always end up reading my mind i just thought about this last night, man we are on exact same page. It is freaky

I think it is an excellent, i did a lot of thinking and reading. If you just hang them in the flower room they would be on 12 12. Initially i thought that would be a problem, but turns out that it in not likely to effect the drying that much, the only thing it will effect is curing, it will cure regardless light or no light but much faster in dark.

I still haven't finalized the drying plan, but if I went this route, I will probably hang them in the flowering room for 3-7 days (depending on how fast they are drying) then start the curing.

Of course the odor control is a huge plus.

Another really safe bet would be just to use the flowering room as the drying room as it already has the filter, the plants will only be like 4 days behind. I might just do this route cuz it seems to be the safest.

That is too funny! We do seem to be on the EXACT same page. Right don to the exact day of flowering. That is a good idea about just delaying a few days and just keeping the lights out. That answers my other concern, which is that I would like to bomb and bleach my room between grows.
12/12 Day 39

All is well besides the problem in picture 1.

Pictue 1

This is only occuring on 2 colas out and few fan leaves on one plant out of six.

Do you guys think this is calcium deficiency or is it a pH problem.

I did poke some sticks to support the colas, a lot more sticks than I intended on using. I am pretty sure I damaged the roots.

What do you fellows reckon is the most likely reason?

That could be some nute burn Bro, did you jump up your nutes?

R

Raiderfan420

Have you checked this drying info out? It is good information even though his set-up looks a little gehto.

H

HighTolerance

That is too funny! We do seem to be on the EXACT same page. Right don to the exact day of flowering. That is a good idea about just delaying a few days and just keeping the lights out. That answers my other concern, which is that I would like to bomb and bleach my room between grows.

That could be some nute burn Bro, did you jump up your nutes?

I familiar with nute burn, unless i am really mistaken, i don't think that's the problem, although i am not 100%. There is no tip burn or anything on any of the plants. I was on EC 3.2 more than a weeks ago since then I have done two watering sessions with 2.0 EC along with 20-30 percent runoff.

This problem was their before I kicked EC down, so I am thinking if anything it might be hungry for cal-mag.

Have you checked this drying info out? It is good information even though his set-up looks a little gehto.

Man you know me how much research I end up doing on a subject. I have looked at so many DIY for drying and curing.

Since this is my first crop, and I really need some good medicine for my back, I don't want any shortcuts or for that matter any more work. Since I am personal medicine grower, a week delay before the next batch starts flowering ain't gonna hurt me a bit.

I will just be happy to have some pain relief, as I don't take any sort of pain killers (pills) due to their side effects on liver, stomach lining, etc... Cannabis is my #1 pain relief, with least amount of side effect, my doctor thinks so too!!

R

Raiderfan420

I familiar with nute burn, unless i am really mistaken, i don't think that's the problem, although i am not 100%. There is no tip burn or anything on any of the plants. I was on EC 3.2 more than a weeks ago since then I have done two watering sessions with 2.0 EC along with 20-30 percent runoff.

This problem was their before I kicked EC down, so I am thinking if anything it might be hungry for cal-mag.

Man you know me how much research I end up doing on a subject. I have looked at so many DIY for drying and curing.

Since this is my first crop, and I really need some good medicine for my back, I don't want any shortcuts or for that matter any more work. Since I am personal medicine grower, a week delay before the next batch starts flowering ain't gonna hurt me a bit.

I will just be happy to have some pain relief, as I don't take any sort of pain killers (pills) due to their side effects on liver, stomach lining, etc... Cannabis is my #1 pain relief, with least amount of side effect, my doctor thinks so too!!

Yeah, it does look like cal/mag def from the pictures I have seen of it. I just thought you were already supplimenting cal/mag. You know as much as I do on this..as I haven't dealt with it before, only research and pics of symptoms.

As far as the meds go I understand Brother. When I first was hurt in the military they perscribed me 8 percocet per day( thats what military doctors do)..that was over 10 years ago and I never took the full perscription and have eventually stopped taking pain pills for the same reasons you mentiones. I tried everything from decompresion therapy, epiderals, inversion therapy, etc. Since my doctor recomended cannabis, I have had great results for pain relief. I know there is a lot of folks that come up with symptoms just to get a script, but sounds like you are a genuine candidate as am I. Don't get me wrong I am all for the legalization of marijauna, but it is an amazing med.

H

HighTolerance

Yeah, it does look like cal/mag def from the pictures I have seen of it. I just thought you were already supplimenting cal/mag. You know as much as I do on this..as I haven't dealt with it before, only research and pics of symptoms.

As far as the meds go I understand Brother. When I first was hurt in the military they perscribed me 8 percocet per day( thats what military doctors do)..that was over 10 years ago and I never took the full perscription and have eventually stopped taking pain pills for the same reasons you mentiones. I tried everything from decompresion therapy, epiderals, inversion therapy, etc. Since my doctor recomended cannabis, I have had great results for pain relief. I know there is a lot of folks that come up with symptoms just to get a script, but sounds like you are a genuine candidate as am I. Don't get me wrong I am all for the legalization of marijauna, but it is an amazing med.

Once again brother we are on the same page.
I am all for legalization too, people have a right to ingest whatever they desire, if cannabis is illegal than alcohol should be illegal as well. I am sure these are all old arguments, anyhow I do believe in small steps. I think a good step for US would be to federally accept marijuana as a medicine, and allow folks to grow for themselves and others. It could still be illegal in the start but at least the law enforcement should begin to just take it a bit easy on people using cannabis, which could very therapeutic for almost anyone to relieve some stress and just chill out. Kind of like the ways things are in the dam.

I am still happy to be in Cali where at least I have some relief. I feel bad for folks in states where the state doesn't accept it as a medicine :sad0123:.

H

HighTolerance

What is the best thing I could get view my girls as closely as in the picture below. What is the best thing I can get for that under 30 dollars US.

Are their any cheap ways to use a little microscope or a magnifying glass along with a decent 8MP camera to take some close ups.

http://img183.invalid.com/img183/833/2ndtrichay4.jpg
(copied from and credit goes to psychedelicious's post)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I am also planning on adding some innoculant. Any good suggestions on a good blend of bacteria would be greatly appreciated.

So far the recommendation I have gotten is for Great White by Plant Success
I have the Great White for my hydro and Bud Candy, but I stopped using it to wage war... I wonder if the Great White can be added to soil and/or coco? Seems like it's meant for hydro based on the instructions, but this is my first time using either, hell it's my first time using pretty much my entire nute regiment... :cool0044:
those are filling out so nice bro - your killing it!
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinkin'... I wish my 1st grow looked this healthy. Shit I wish my 3rd grow did. :thinking
Thank you bro.

I did plan on using sticks. However, next time I will definitely put up a screen, that will eliminate most of the sticks, although HG will still need some support.

I could also use this for support, but wont be able to train.

Nie-Co Rol - Plant Support Yoyos
Supports plants easily with up to 60 inches of retractable line. Heavy duty plastic housing. Made in Holland.
I actually used these same yoyos to LST my 1st Round Sativas from 6' down to 5'... then the tension in the spring split one of my plants down the center stalk. I think this may be a good idea to use them to hold up the plant though... Nice, I'm gonna see what I can come up with... colas are starting to flop over.

If you just hang them in the flower room they would be on 12 12. Initially i thought that would be a problem, but turns out that it in not likely to effect the drying that much, the only thing it will effect is curing, it will cure regardless light or no light but much faster in dark...
Light degrades THC... Drying and Curing should always be done in the dark.
What is the best thing I could get view my girls as closely as in the picture below. What is the best thing I can get for that under 30 dollars US.

Are their any cheap ways to use a little microscope or a magnifying glass along with a decent 8MP camera to take some close ups.

http://img183.invalid.com/img183/833/2ndtrichay4.jpg
(copied from and credit goes to psychedelicious's post)
Either an expensive Digital SLR or the same $10 scope that I hate with a passion, but have to use until I can get a new camera...
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2179604

R

Raiderfan420

Lol I found this on a toy web page, as I surf those quite often.

http://www.thinktanktoys.com/Xtreme-Scope-it-Out-50X-(UM12).html

all I need is to cut a 1x1 mm peace of a bud and peep it, u think this will do the job.

Hey man, that is only a 50x. You can get a luope or magnifying glass that will get you that. I use a 30x and am thinking about grabbing a cheap micropscpoe too. I can actually see better with my camera pics than with the 30x. Just zoom in on your pics when you upload them and you'll see more than you can with a 50x. Just my 2 cents my friend.

H

HighTolerance

:sweatingHoly Crap I test the run-off it was like pH 4.8 and EC 4.7. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I immediately flushed each pot with RO and 5ml/gallon of clearex @ pH 5.5

I know it ain't good to use plain water on COCO. But I am sure even after the flush there will be nutes left in the container.

I will be feeding it white shark to bring the good bacteria back for the last 3 weeks of grow. I guess watering with no run off finally caught up to me.

Those spots on the leaf were definitely burns.

i am so bummed, I don't wanna loose my crop. I hope things bounce back to normal.:sweating

P

pvtpilot

Hi HT;
Since your growing in coco I wouldn't worry about losing your crop, your not at that point yet.

Flush with straight RO water 2 gal pots right? flush with 4 gallons of R/O water or ph'd tab if R/O isn't available.
Check your runoff after your finished flushing. If the ec is still high then flush some more.

Finally, feed with a 1/2 strength solution. This should clear up your high ec problem and get you started down the right track again.
If you have any clearex I would use that as well.

Don't panic, just flush and feed, this should get you back on track.

Peace,
S-H

R

Rolln J

Stag Hunter is dead on here - good advice mate - dont freak out HT you should be cool!

H

HighTolerance

Hi HT;
Since your growing in coco I wouldn't worry about losing your crop, your not at that point yet.

Flush with straight RO water 2 gal pots right? flush with 4 gallons of R/O water or ph'd tab if R/O isn't available.
Check your runoff after your finished flushing. If the ec is still high then flush some more.

Finally, feed with a 1/2 strength solution. This should clear up your high ec problem and get you started down the right track again.
If you have any clearex I would use that as well.

Don't panic, just flush and feed, this should get you back on track.

Peace,
S-H

Stag Hunter is dead on here - good advice mate - dont freak out HT you should be cool!

Thank you brothers. I did everything as mentioned. I really hope I will be back on track soon.

H

HighTolerance

12/12 Day 41

The flush w/ clearex see to have gotten a bunch of salts out of the pots. I am very surprised how fast I saw the difference. I compared very closely between today and yesterday, it seems that the leaf burning and spotting on the leaves has completely stopped. I definitely notice more swelling today than I did in the last week.

I also pick up some "White Shark" innoculant, I would greatly appreciate some input on this. Here is a copy paste from the manufacturer. From reading around it seems to be a good product.

Great White is the most advanced mycorrhizal product on the market today. The combination of mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria, trichoderma, and plant vitamins will give your plants a strong and developed root system. This will enable your plants to break down and absorb nutrients efficiently and effectively. Also it will increase water uptake and the overall absorption area of the root system, resulting in a healthier plant. Can be used in hydroponics as well as soil. May also be injected in to media.

Ingredients:
7 species endo & 11 species ectomycorrhizae
31,200 endo & 1.5 billion ecto propagules per Ib.
19 species bacteria / 2 species Trichoderma /
biostimulant
Vitamin package

Once the pots dry up they will get a light feeding at 1.0 EC, pH 5.8. I will aim for about 20 percent runoff so I can check what is coming out.

Some of the fan leaves are turning purple. It does happen to be the coldest spot in the grow area, so I hope it is from low temps and not anything else.

DSC05897
DSC05900
DSC05913
DSC05916
DSC05931
DSC05941
DSC05955
DSC05965
H

HighTolerance

great news HT! - im stoked you caught it in good time...

Thanks bro, I am happy too.

How are they looking? Can you tell some difference?

I am surprised how they survived. I checked the pooled run-off and it test at EC 5.5 pH 4.8 OUUUCCCCCCHHH!!!:sign0065:

Possibly because my nutes were all organic. My understanding is that they need to be broken down by bacteria before plant takes them up, I am thinking that's why it took the girls a while to show they were hurting.

All this could have been avoided if I watered with run-off at least here and there, and check its pH and EC.

It seems that most of the folks visiting my thread know a lot more than me, but to all the noobs learn from my mistake!!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

if in the states go to radio shack and get their lighted one for 12 bucks, it's what all the farmers use round these parts...I think hydrofarm is putting out an overpriced copy of radio shacks model now

H

HighTolerance

if in the states go to radio shack and get their lighted one for 12 bucks, it's what all the farmers use round these parts...I think hydrofarm is putting out an overpriced copy of radio shacks model now

Thanks brotha, appreciate your input.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
good grow ht!!!,and a greater save.I definitely learned a lot on this thread.............

.........shamus

Top Bottom