Medical Marijuana Are You Kidding Me?

• Thread starter MagicSeth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

I used to think that there was no such thing as bad dispensary weed. I mean just look at any weed review. Everything is fire and 4.5 stars. Then I pulled a half pound dry of White Widow out of my 3x3 tent, and shot that conclusion all to hell! lol

I admit I fell into the bud candy trap. But I wanted to try it with and without to see for myself. I think I know what you guys mean when you say it taste like plastic. But I won't know for sure until I complete this run. Only using DM base nutes, silicate, calmag, and microbes this time.

stiffneck

stiffneck

I think it's kinda like people. You can dress em all up, make em look pretty, shove all kinds of products into them.... but does it make them a better person... well not in eyes.

Like the gold rush in days past the money to be made is by selling products to the cannabis grower.

Best weed I've ever had was grown in my fucking back yard.

:)

Homesteader

Homesteader

Next dispensary: smells like Rubbermaid tubs, instant headache, teeth feel like they are falling out. Some people may think that's the good stuff, lol. Plastic tasting bullshit that makes your hands numb..

This actually reminded me of the very worst side effect that came from the dispensary weed I tried. Metallic taste and pain in the backs of my teeth EVERYTIME I smoked. I chalked it up to Magnesium but who the hell knows?

farmermari

farmermari

Oh, I feel ya pain bro, we have canna-capitalists here and there these days, they are on low, while we are on high..you know what I mean..but it's so bad that some have resorted to use chemos than the real stuff; where is the canna-love man?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I used to think that there was no such thing as bad dispensary weed. I mean just look at any weed review. Everything is fire and 4.5 stars. Then I pulled a half pound dry of White Widow out of my 3x3 tent, and shot that conclusion all to hell! lol

I admit I fell into the bud candy trap. But I wanted to try it with and without to see for myself. I think I know what you guys mean when you say it taste like plastic. But I won't know for sure until I complete this run. Only using DM base nutes, silicate, calmag, and microbes this time.

To be honest Budcandy is the only sweetner that doesn't have a chemical taste. Makes your bud taste like airy sugar water. Botanicare Sweet on the other hand, holy shit is that stuff nasty. Budcandy doesn't have synthetic salts in it alongside the res-safe sugar water and for whatever reason it doesn't crust up lab equipment or lung membranes nearly as bad as others.

When I say plastic, I'm talking every strain on the shelf smells like tennis balls and tastes like carpet, regardless of genetics. Who the fuck grows shit like that and says "yup that's what we want". Somone must have been keeping notes before this type of production ever went quasi legal. I did not know people smoked weed like this in other states. Never would imagine people would actually pay money for what dispensaries sell in med states. They dont smoke that shit back in the sticks where pot is still illegal .

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

http://themintdispensary.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Marijuana-Buds.H03.2k.png

If this doesn't concern you, you're really not getting it. That's an honest to God fake bud straight off a dispensary website. And Insys Therapeutics is right down the street from this place, pumping out synthetic thc and cbd (and fentanyl) legally with federal blessing.

This is what legalization was all about. The Mmj programs were nothing but tester markets for bullshite weed. Its only half fake at the moment! Only half poison, lol. They are trying to get everyone off of raw flower, eventually banning it I suppose. But looks like they are working on fake buds for the stubborn folks who want the authentic Cheech and Chong experience of smoking raw pot flowers.

All signs point to Yes. Big producers are focusing on processing in their marketing instead of production. As in "our moldy bud is hand trimmed! And we use a seperate grinder for indica and sativa!"

We always thought they would want the shit grown in Columbia and processed in the states into branded product lines. But nope, if they can get people to forget what real weed is like they did with booze and food and tobacco, (and which seems to be happening, with most legal bud having characteristics of its grow products rather than characteristics of its genetics), they'll just fake the whole thing in a factory!

madgrower

madgrower

The medical here in the maritimes smells great and smoke's like shit. Had some blueberry kush and it looked like little blue rocks was dusty like it was powder and no buzz

JMcG

JMcG

Keep an eye on the organic no till movement.
The theory and overall general practice of this style of gardening doesn’t really allow for most of the crap that has been mentioned here. Sure, some dumbass can still fuck it up with poor foliar choices and bad curing practices. But most of those who embrace NTG are in it specifically to leave those ways behind and get back to a more natural path.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Keep an eye on the organic no till movement.
The theory and overall general practice of this style of gardening doesn’t really allow for most of the crap that has been mentioned here. Sure, some dumbass can still fuck it up with poor foliar choices and bad curing practices. But most of those who embrace NTG are in it specifically to leave those ways behind and get back to a more natural path.
The organic side cant feed the world but itll make good smoke for folks.

JMcG

JMcG

With modern practices so deeply embedded you may be right about feeding the world. IMO, it can be done but there needs to be a serious shift in how we think about it.
No doubt it will provide the tastiest product without all the nasty bottled crap!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
With modern practices so deeply embedded you may be right about feeding the world. IMO, it can be done but there needs to be a serious shift in how we think about it.
No doubt it will provide the tastiest product without all the nasty bottled crap!
We dont have the volume of land needed to feed all the breeders. This is why we have gone vertical.. But for your own meds.. Absolutely. The guy with 10 acres could feed the surrounding community but we have this great thing called GOV

JMcG

JMcG

Indoor, raised beds, solar/ wind generated power, organic methods, vertical , 12 months a year... gotta be something going to it!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Indoor, raised beds, solar/ wind generated power, organic methods, vertical , 12 months a year... gotta be something going to it!
Once everyone can go solar or wind then it will change food and drug prices drastically

wesk

wesk

I don’t know GT (on the first point, I’m with ya on the second). I think it’s a matter of priorities...at least that’s how I remember hearing it from ‘ol what’s her name...Lappe?

Top Bottom