Medical marijuana patients face 5-to-10 years in prison for owning a gun, says ATF

• Thread starter mendel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

^^^ hell ya! Kolah for sheriff! Just drive me home from the tittie bar a couple times a year while I'm in a blind drunk rage. Ignore the death threats n racial/sexual slurs and pretend ya didn't hear me offer ya swig from the still when we got home or smellmy "skunk problem" ....we'll be all good. ......funky ass hill folk in this open country.......just a good ol'boy never doin no harm. Now let me find Daisy!

LOL!
I serioulsy thought of running for county sheriiff in my area in 09. I didn't have to time though. I am now retired so I am considering running in 2012.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

If The tippers ever hit me I'd just give them what they wanted... Fortunately no one knows I grow or where it is. An ounce of prevention is worth a lb of cure!

soserthc1

soserthc1

well gotta be someone who knows the answer to my question on this thread, i dont live in no farm town community with sheriff's, i live in a jack ass town with police that are at every church directing cars and traffic on sunday and actually cuffed me in front of my house for an 85 dollar ticket that i never paid, and the cuffs hurt like shit!!!!! i am just curious if i am putting my family in jepordy as i can not stop growing and will not stop growing ever, i will rent a place though if i have to.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, a Conspiracy charge is so vague that they could stick everything on both of you. It says something along the lines of "You commit x crime, or have knowledge of x crime.... " so since your wives know about the grows, they have knowledge and could be charged. That said, if you are a very small grower, like it sounds like you guys are, maybe no big deal.... maybe just a slap on the wrist, especially in a med state. Usually, a bigger grow, they use the wife as a tool to make the guy (grower) plead guilty, like they let the wife off with probation, and the guy pleads to a five year sentence.

putembk

putembk

Well, a Conspiracy charge is so vague that they could stick everything on both of you. It says something along the lines of "You commit x crime, or have knowledge of x crime.... " so since your wives know about the grows, they have knowledge and could be charged. That said, if you are a very small grower, like it sounds like you guys are, maybe no big deal.... maybe just a slap on the wrist, especially in a med state. Usually, a bigger grow, they use the wife as a tool to make the guy (grower) plead guilty, like they let the wife off with probation, and the guy pleads to a five year sentence.
Thanks Bud S, I pretty much knew that would be the case. I would hate to think about the shit I would catch if I had to go downtown and get her. "Hell hath no furry like the scorn in a womans heart". That's why I try to always stay in, or close to compliance. Funny thing though, growing is addictive in itself. I have done a lot of things in my life and next to fly fishing, nothing is near as satisfying as growing. As long as the laws are somewhat lax and it feels relatively safe, I am doing what I have always wanted.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

well gotta be someone who knows the answer to my question on this thread, i dont live in no farm town community with sheriff's, i live in a jack ass town with police that are at every church directing cars and traffic on sunday and actually cuffed me in front of my house for an 85 dollar ticket that i never paid, and the cuffs hurt like shit!!!!! i am just curious if i am putting my family in jepordy as i can not stop growing and will not stop growing ever, i will rent a place though if i have to.

Are you going to make this decision based on what someone in a marijuana cultivation forum has to say? Do you honestly think you will be able to convince 12 jurors that you were growing dope on your premises and your wife had absolutely no knowledge it was happening. Yes you are putting your family in jeopardy.While the leos might not cuff up your wife when they arrest you, It doesn't end there. would 10 or 20 k$ for a lawyer put a financial hardship on your family? :fighting0085: I'm sure you have bail money ready to go so a rental might be a good idea.

K

Killerapplesauc

Wow but it's ok to sell machine guns to the Mexican cartels sound a little to fast and furious for me with a tint of discrimination LOL.

D

DoobyScoo

That's why the best plan I ever heard of was on another place.
"My Lady knows exactly what to do, break down and cry, and between the sobbing not have any intelligible words come out."

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

HMMMM,

Have to re-register every year.
Can't own a gun legally.
As a caregiver have to register your grow, let public inspectors in your grow and not supposed to refuse an officer to come into your grow.

SOUNDS JUST LIKE CRIMINAL PROBATION TO ME !

K

kolah

HMMMM,

Have to re-register every year.
Can't own a gun legally.
As a caregiver have to register your grow, let public inspectors in your grow and not supposed to refuse an officer to come into your grow.

SOUNDS JUST LIKE CRIMINAL PROBATION TO ME !

..don't sound like the "land of the free" either.

Unit541

Unit541

:character0110::mooning

Yup. That's what the statistics regarding past incidents of such a nature say could >very well< happen.

"Statistics" also say incidents of such a nature are not likely to happen to "you".

Personal experience on the other hand, says that it can (and did) happen to "me". Personal experience also says, that a bigger gun and meaner attitude saved the lives of me and my entire family. Lucky enough that the trigger never needed pulling.

The question is not a legal one, it's a logistical one. How is one to defend against armed invaders/attackers, if one is not armed? When my life, or the lives of my family are in jeopardy, the one thing I'm not concerned with at the time is whether or not I'm breaking a law that could cost the lives I'm trying to defend, all in the name of some government bureaucrat thinking he knows what's best for me better than I do.

I will say this to my fellow farmers. Do what you think is right for your situation, just don't assume anyone else is going to save your ass when something goes down. It's up to YOU, and only you, to save yourself and those you love when a threat is present. The police are not public servants. They're not personal protection, or any form of security service. They're one and only duty and responsibility is to Enforce the Law, and since this isn't Minority Report, it's not possible for them to do so before it's broken. Therefore, cops arrest people and issue citations. They don't render aid, or come to your rescue. If your existence is prone to dangerous threats to the safety of you and your family (which it is, we all are), then YOU are your first and only line of defense. Be prepared, in whatever way you see fit, but be prepared.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

"Statistics" also say incidents of such a nature are not likely to happen to "you".

Personal experience on the other hand, says that it can (and did) happen to "me". Personal experience also says, that a bigger gun and meaner attitude saved the lives of me and my entire family. Lucky enough that the trigger never needed pulling.

The question is not a legal one, it's a logistical one. How is one to defend against armed invaders/attackers, if one is not armed? When my life, or the lives of my family are in jeopardy, the one thing I'm not concerned with at the time is whether or not I'm breaking a law that could cost the lives I'm trying to defend, all in the name of some government bureaucrat thinking he knows what's best for me better than I do.

I will say this to my fellow farmers. Do what you think is right for your situation, just don't assume anyone else is going to save your ass when something goes down. It's up to YOU, and only you, to save yourself and those you love when a threat is present. The police are not public servants. They're not personal protection, or any form of security service. They're one and only duty and responsibility is to Enforce the Law, and since this isn't Minority Report, it's not possible for them to do so before it's broken. Therefore, cops arrest people and issue citations. They don't render aid, or come to your rescue. If your existence is prone to dangerous threats to the safety of you and your family (which it is, we all are), then YOU are your first and only line of defense. Be prepared, in whatever way you see fit, but be prepared.

this is the best post i have ever read on this board
facts in front of fiction for a change
great job unit 541

fwiw

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is a gun show in Denver this weekend and one in Loveland next...c ya'll there

Tex

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

x-bows are quiet?
that's a myth as the one i have is not quiet by any means
you can hear it zing for at least 100 yards, not as loud as a firearm but certainly not stealthy
on a positive note
a modern x-bow scope attached will let you attain 2 inch or better patterns at 50 yd's and atn offers a gen 4 night vision scope attachments that make the x-bow quite lethal at night for varmits but if you have the resources a thermal optic will complete the x-bow in a fashion that make's even myself smile

fwiw

M

mendel

Well, since the cops raided me a few yrs ago because of some stinky outdoor cheese plants, theres really no point acting like they dont know i grow grass......

I called up the sherrif and asked him if he had any policy concerning the ATF policy. It must be noted the sherrif is a gun dealer.

As soon as I mentioned the ATF I was met with a torrent of vulgarities and raising of the voice. It seems the sherrif is beside himself with the fast and furious program that was exposed, so much so hes in some type of colition with other sherrifs (paul babeau, Joe Arapaio, etc) to attempt to force the firing and subsequent prosecution of Eric Holder.

After he got done shitting his pants, we discussed the memos. He told me to keep my plant #'s in check, his dept had no intention of enforcing or informing upon growers who were within their limits, to the fed.gov on firearms charges.

Fucker was fired up!

:mad0233:

Latest posts

Top Bottom