Meeks' 2013 Dapper Grow Log

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

Hey, I'm gonna try to break your post up, hopefully this works!
I usually don't change my flowering time once I have the flip set, however I think the plants would continue to flower as long as you maintained a 12 hour dark period during a transition. I might have been thinking about my timers being set to turn the lights on and run irrigation at 8am, but with daylight savings it would now be 9am when all that actually happened.

(I can see why you have a questions here, that quote of me is a very poorly worded sentence, haha)

If you take a look at the picture below, which I'm sure you have seen before, you will see that some nutrients may become much more available at the upper end of the ideal range, while others are more readily available at the lower end. This is why the people growing with just water as their substrate are finding it helpful to vary their ph a little within the desired range. In a normal soilless potting mix there will be a slight variation in how each tiny piece of substrate releases nutrients. That is why most commercial systems will find an ideal pH for the nutrient solution and apply that with consistency, knowing that there will always be minor pH swings in the mixing tank.
View attachment 306966

You can always do what all these fancy pants liquid nutrient companies do and mix up a few bottles of concentrate with a liter or two of water, just making sure to keep certain thing separate so they dont change form and lockout. What I do personally is weigh out my salts in advance for tank refills into ziplock bags and just have those on hand ready to fill up with a cup of water and dump into the res when it needs recharging.

Jack had the space to do true seed runs, all the rest of us are just jokers hoping to win the lottery.

Well that's not quite true, I'm sure some breeders do actually work their parent lines down pretty far, really selecting for specific traits in the females with each generation and better yet some of those actually get lucky enough to find an excellent male that is distant enough genetically to work with, and that creates the very few and far between true F1 hybrids within our industry. And true F1 hybrids have excellent vigor and uniformity to the point where you could not tell one plant from the next based on performance.

I don't use it because it is not needed so I have not spent the money on it. Preventing water loss from the cutting is the only thing required, and eventually roots will form in an area that is suitable for root growth (minimal light, moisture and oxygen available)
Depending on how well you can control your propagation environment you may want to use a rooting hormone to help encourage rooting in less ideal conditions.

I like to start my flush two week before I start harvest, and I usually harvest over the course of a long weekend, so some plants go more like 17 days without nutrient input. When I say 'flush', I am no longer recharging my reservoir with nutrients after filling it up to the top when it is getting low. That means for the first 5-6 days there is still some amount of nutrients in the solution I am watering with, but it is being diluted rapidly each time I refill the 20 gallon tank with just RO water. I will also hand water (just RO) the volume of the container to each plant twice during this 2 week time, once at the beginning and then again a week in.

Yes, only water during lights on. The plant uses much less water at night because the stomata are closed so the transpiration stream is stopped. Watering frequency depends on the size of the root mass and the stage of growth the plant is in and even the humidity. I did not irrigate more frequently than 3 times a day during this flowering cycle and began by only irrigating once a day when the plants were smaller in the first couple weeks.

Just dry salt nutrients.

I think you take the cake PDX, thanks for posting this in the log, I am happy to answer questions! Let me know if you have any other questions because these were all good ones that I had not talked about directly. And of course, thanks you very much for the kind words!

Shit, Thanks Jeezer! :cool:

I have a quick set of photos that I took yesterday before the first bit of harvest! I will try to take some photos again during trimming before they are dry nugs!

Day 60 White Skunk

View attachment 306967View attachment 306968View attachment 306969View attachment 306970View attachment 306971View attachment 306973View attachment 306972

-Meeks

Lovely work and lovely thread man killer work

pdxfire

pdxfire

Thanks Meeks. You always have such detailed and well reasoned answers. These ladies are beautiful. Two clarifications. I am happy to also know your flushing method for finish. I guess I don't know how to say it clearly, but you also flush like 3 weeks (or whatever) after 12/12 and other times when you see problems. I am wondering if you have a schedule for this in addition to times when you see problems and I believe you said you use only RO but I know a lot of folks use very diluted nutes. So i was wondering what your thoughts are on flushing during the grow. When you flush during the grow, do you follow that with a normal nutes watering or do you treat the flush as one of your normal waterings? Also I checked again and Jack did not say he popped 1000 OGR for a keeper he said something more like he has popped thousands of seeds and only had a few true keepers (don't want to be spreading inaccurate info)

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Yo Meeks, you killin it buddy those White Skunks are looking to be a winner... I dig your style, such a clean set up and the plants tell the story... Perfect room & skills = AAA dank and huge yields.. Props!

jlr42024

jlr42024

Yo Meeks just checking in bro. I don't know where you find the time to keep educating the community but your effort is greatly appreciated! Your knowledge is almost as impressive as your grow, jk there equally impressive and keep it up your an inspiration bro!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Lovely work and lovely thread man killer work
Thanks tipper! This is just round 1, there is much more to come in this thread!

Thanks Meeks. You always have such detailed and well reasoned answers. These ladies are beautiful. Two clarifications. I am happy to also know your flushing method for finish. I guess I don't know how to say it clearly, but you also flush like 3 weeks (or whatever) after 12/12 and other times when you see problems. I am wondering if you have a schedule for this in addition to times when you see problems and I believe you said you use only RO but I know a lot of folks use very diluted nutes. So i was wondering what your thoughts are on flushing during the grow. When you flush during the grow, do you follow that with a normal nutes watering or do you treat the flush as one of your normal waterings? Also I checked again and Jack did not say he popped 1000 OGR for a keeper he said something more like he has popped thousands of seeds and only had a few true keepers (don't want to be spreading inaccurate info)
Hey PDX, I like to flush with diluted nutrients every couple weeks during flowering. Usually at half strength I just hand water a couple gallons per pot and continue to run my irrigation system on its usual timer with normal strength nutrients in the reservoir. Thanks for the support!

Yo Meeks, you killin it buddy those White Skunks are looking to be a winner... I dig your style, such a clean set up and the plants tell the story... Perfect room & skills = AAA dank and huge yields.. Props!
Much appreciated UG, this grow went especially well and I am still busy harvesting!

Yo Meeks just checking in bro. I don't know where you find the time to keep educating the community but your effort is greatly appreciated! Your knowledge is almost as impressive as your grow, jk there equally impressive and keep it up your an inspiration bro!
Haha, thanks for saying whats up JLR, I find the time right after I smoke huge bowls and can't move off the couch, which explains why some of my answers are long rambles and my sentences never end.

Just a quick Hello to all the Farmers out there! Happy 4/20 everyone! I hope you are all as cozy and stoned as I am right now!

420 Bowl1
420 Bowl2
420 Bowl3

-Meeks:smug:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Those white skunks look really happy congrats on another killer show! They look super tasty.. Can't wait to get mine running :) happy 420 Meeks.
Thanks Pura, they turned out fantastic, I am super pumped!

Good Evening Farmers! I have been extremely busy over the last week doing harvest, trimming, cleaning, transplanting, plus midterms and work at the hydroponic greenhouse. . . but I managed to take a few pictures to share during all that!

I really hope you enjoy some concluding photos for the White Skunk grow and the beginning of my next round, a tray of Alien Grapevine #3 and a tray of White Fire Alien #6!

White Skunk Harvest1
White Skunk Harvest2
WFAAGV transplant1
WFAAGV transplant2
WFAAGV transplant3
WFAAGV transplant4
WFAAGV transplant5

I think these plants should really explode over the next few days in their new pots under the 1000w HPS bulbs, they have been stuck in 6" azalea pots under my T5 for the last few weeks since my veg closet ballast burnt out on me. I went with #2 nursery containers (1.6gal) for flowering this round. . . that is 1 gallon less media per plant than last round! The drip system is now in place, although it wasn't when I took the last picture, and I plan on veg'ing these ladies for another week tops before making the flip!

Here we go again!

-Meeks:D

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Congrats on another successful grow, nMEEKS! I'm along for the next grow. Looks like u had a great 4/20, bro. Keep up the great work and see ya around the Farm.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
that's one tasty lookin bowl man!
It was! Burned forever because I didn't grind the nug I wrapped the oil on, like a super sticky rock!

can i ask how you write with oil? you got that stuff in some kinda tube for easy dispensing?
I purge my oil until it is shatter, so a dispensing tube would be no help. The way I make the letters and other designs is by warming a piece of oil between my hands (not directly touching, I use parchment paper) and then it becomes just slightly workable and I can roll out a long worm of oil and make letters from that! In this case I made the 4-2-0 numbers and then left them to sit between a couple book (still not directly touching, using parchment paper for barrier) to flatten out and stick nicely together without warping the numbers. Then as it cools back to room temp I am left with a piece of shatter in whatever shape i want :)

Congrats on another successful grow, nMEEKS! I'm along for the next grow. Looks like u had a great 4/20, bro. Keep up the great work and see ya around the Farm.
Thanks so much Rival, it was a very successful harvest and a great 4/20 this year! This next grow should be a fun show, I have only done one other grow log with clones from start to finish and these girls are shaping up really nicely! Although I did just break a major branch while doing some LST on the AGV's. . . life goes on.

Tuned in for the show and taking notes .
Happy to have you here SCV!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
awesome, got some shatter in the freezer now.I'm gonna be like a little kid with play doh now man!
haha nice, have fun! Be careful putting BHO in the freezer, when you take it out it may be like a cold soda and condensation will form on the surface on the shatter. . . water + BHO = crackle

Super clean as always.

I think that 420 bowl made my eyes a little red just lookin at it.
Thanks Hightide, the bowl was shared between a few people that I was with at 4:20pm and that was the end of the day for a couple of them, hahaha!

Whats your purge method?

I'll be making my first batch in about three weeks, hope it looks like yours.
I float the pyrex dish in a larger turkey tray that has a couple inches of warm but not boiling water until the majority of the butane is purged, then do many round in my vacuum chamber with a heat gun to keep it warm and eventually get shatter.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

ya i learned that quick haha, i just try to stay outta the shatter unless its the weekend otherwise I'm useless. i usually let it sit out like 15 minutes to air off after taking it out of the freezer

hightide

hightide

I'm gonna' try to just do a warm water purge. change the pan a few times and then let it sit.
Maybe freezer after that for 24-48hrs.

I have a FoodSaver® , I wonder if it would vac enough and/or be safe to use?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
ya i learned that quick haha, i just try to stay outta the shatter unless its the weekend otherwise I'm useless. i usually let it sit out like 15 minutes to air off after taking it out of the freezer
There is definitely an oil hangover effect!

I'm gonna' try to just do a warm water purge. change the pan a few times and then let it sit.
Maybe freezer after that for 24-48hrs.

I have a FoodSaver® , I wonder if it would vac enough and/or be safe to use?
Yeah, the warm water purge can be pretty effective on its own. I want to be clear and say that I do not recommend putting BHO in the freezer at any point, condensation will form on the oil after you take it out of the freezer unless it is very dry in your area and then your oil will crackle because there is some water in it. Real shatter is shatter at room temp and does not need to be put in the freezer to make it solid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom