Meeks' 2013 Dapper Grow Log

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Awesome pics, nMeeks! Thanx for sharing them wit the Farm. It's always a pleasure to peep out ur garden. Those White Skunk r deff filling in nice. See ya around the threads.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
looking amazing dude! i love the "horns" on the tips of the leaves! makes for great shots IMO!
Thanks Kush, good hearing from you! I think the 'horns' are just minor salt toxicity or heat stress symptoms, but I'm glad you like the way they look, haha!

Awesome pics, nMeeks! Thanx for sharing them wit the Farm. It's always a pleasure to peep out ur garden. Those White Skunk r deff filling in nice. See ya around the threads.
The White Skunk have been on my grow wish list for a while, and I am loving every minute of watching them swell up to be monsters like they are!! Glad you enjoy the photos. I am really liking the look of the cookies you have going right now, you got a nice full canopy which I don't usually see with that cut!

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks a bunch HS, I am happy to say that the picture you are referring to is the underscape of the table I put the smaller plants on, meaning both trays filled in completely!

And I wanted to publicly say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the very very generous gifts you gave me last week, I am so excited to see what these new crosses hold that I am having a hard time sticking to my promise to grow a few clone runs before I pop new beans!

-Meeks
No worries Meek...I usually get 500+ if not thousands of seeds each pollination, so no big deal. I couldn't think of someone more deserving anyway. Plus I know you will rock that shit bro...your grows are always solid and detailed. I know you will keep it real and be on point too...something that can't be said for many. I don't know how many free seeds I have given away...only asking for a few pics along the way and end up being ghosted. Oh well...lets meknow whos real. Keep up the good work brother, that white skunk looks Dankage. Peace

soserthc1

soserthc1

No worries Meek...I usually get 500+ if not thousands of seeds each pollination, so no big deal. I couldn't think of someone more deserving anyway. Plus I know you will rock that shit bro...your grows are always solid and detailed. I know you will keep it real and be on point too...something that can't be said for many. I don't know how many free seeds I have given away...only asking for a few pics along the way and end up being ghosted. Oh well...lets meknow whos real. Keep up the good work brother, that white skunk looks Dankage. Peace
Well if it makes you feel better HS your genetic's have made it to the East Coast and not even gifted by you , about to pop some of your Urk & Purp and didn't even know they were yours till i seen a few people throw up the same bag with same writing saying they got them from you...... hum i think that is a good thing i am excited someone is running a cross i made 2900 miles away..... i'll keep you updated ........ And I can't think of to many if any to display your genetic's the way meeks will...... best of luck both of you guys.....

kushluvr

kushluvr

Thanks Kush, good hearing from you! I think the 'horns' are just minor salt toxicity or heat stress symptoms, but I'm glad you like the way they look, haha!

The White Skunk have been on my grow wish list for a while, and I am loving every minute of watching them swell up to be monsters like they are!! Glad you enjoy the photos. I am really liking the look of the cookies you have going right now, you got a nice full canopy which I don't usually see with that cut!

totally! either way dude, they look killer! very nice job!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Do it bro...lets get to crakin lol j/k.
Haha, I wish I had the space to do it right now! My 400w MH bulb apparently burned out on me. . . or maybe the ballast, whatever it is I am even lower on space than normal right now. I look forward to sharing your genetics in a grow log when I do get the chance later this year!

Looking good
Thanks Pura!

Well if it makes you feel better HS your genetic's have made it to the East Coast and not even gifted by you , about to pop some of your Urk & Purp and didn't even know they were yours till i seen a few people throw up the same bag with same writing saying they got them from you...... hum i think that is a good thing i am excited someone is running a cross i made 2900 miles away..... i'll keep you updated ........ And I can't think of to many if any to display your genetic's the way meeks will...... best of luck both of you guys.....
Can always count on you for positive vibes Soser, Thanks!

totally! either way dude, they look killer! very nice job!
Thanks Kush!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Good afternoon farmers! I have some non-cannabis photos for you today, sorry for the delay on the White Skunk update.

I went on a sweet adventure Saturday, up through Central and lower-Northern California visiting 4 greenhouse operations that were hosting a total of 9 international breeding companies displaying there wears to industry professionals here in the US who will actually produce the newly bred plants for sale in this coming year. They had beautiful displays to highlight some of the best plants and I think I got some good pictures worth sharing. I will try to find time later in the week for the White Skunk plants because those girls are just begging to be photographed right now! I hope everyone had a great weekend, sorry for no update on Sunday as usual.

I will have to break these photos up into 4 posts because of the photo limit, so I decided to organize the photos by display location.

Syngenta Flowers, Inc. (originally a chemical company, Syngenta has recently purchased a huge group of big player breeding companies and united them under one name and distributor, for better or worse.)

Syngenta01
Syngenta02
Syngenta03
Syngenta04
Syngenta05
Syngenta06
Syngenta07
Syngenta08
Syngenta09
Syngenta10
Syngenta11

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Speedling Inc. is one of the world's largest producers of containerized transplants. They produce plants that other growers purchase and finish growing for sale to retail markets.

The breeding companies hosted at Speedling's greenhouses were: ABZ Seeds, Greenex, Hem Genetics, Plant Source International, Schoneveld Breeding, and Thompson & Morgan.

Speedling01
Speedling02
Speedling03
Speedling04
Speedling05
Speedling06
Speedling07
Speedling08
Speedling09
Speedling10
Speedling11
Speedling12
Speedling13
Speedling14

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
American Takii was my last and easily favorite stop! They had done the best job with their creative displays and also had a beautiful annual garden planted with all their new plant varieties.

American Takii01
American Takii02
American Takii03
American Takii04
American Takii05
American Takii06
American Takii07
American Takii08
American Takii09
American Takii10
American Takii11
American Takii12
American Takii13
American Takii14
American Takii15
American Takii16
American Takii17
American Takii18
American Takii19
American Takii20

I hope you enjoy seeing a sneak peak at what will be for sale at your local retail nurseries next year!

-Meeks

soserthc1

soserthc1

Awesome I for one love that shit bro.... love all flowers not just cannabis and they are some breath taking pictures , love the towers of tulips ? and the paint splash things in pretty cool as were all......

thanks for sharing bro...

peAce Soser

hightide

hightide

Whatever you do, DO NOT pull meeks post up with a 2G signal!

Insane amount of pics. I like it Brother.

All amazingly crazy huge producers. American Takii by far has the best set up.

Until I can fill it with the good herb, I've been trying to decide what to with my property.
Not sure if I want to set up a distributership going strictly to resalers or hit the end users, large landscapers.

These guys are so freakin' diverse. I would like to keep my numbers down and stick with fast selling easy growing stuff.
Rosa Knock out verieties, Lagerstroemia indica, commonly known as crape myrtle or crepe myrtle and Acer palmatum, Japanese Maples.
But to have these multi-million dollar set ups would be a dream.

C

cheeseterd12345

Hey meeks, awesome grow! I wanted to ask you if you mind commenting specifically on how you are liking the jack's nutes? Just a quick product review and how they compare to other products you have used would be amazing. Just a couple lines would be awesome. Hope all is well man and thanks!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Entertaining as usual Meeks! Love you logs

Would you say the majority of commercial AG feeds with water-soluble fertizilers, similar to Jacks?
Thanks Gr33n, I try to toss anything I find exciting in here even if it gets less attention than the cannabis grows because I know I'm not the only one interested!

I would confidently say that the majority of commercial Ag. and Horticultural production is with synthetic nutrients, and there is more and more of a shift into soluble salts being applied with fertigation/chemigation systems with irrigation water the way I do. That is not to say that there is no organic matter in the media, because OM is an important part of any successful potted plant substrate, but it has already been decomposed and broken down, so it is used to provide a CEC (cation exchange capacity) in the media, not nutrition [peat, bark, and coco coir are all considered OM]. It changes by company, but certified organic production usually accounts for less than 5% of total production, and is only done because the consumer is willing to pay more for it, not because of any management, plant health, or cost saving motivations (usually harder to grow organic, which means more expensive).

Awesome I for one love that shit bro.... love all flowers not just cannabis and they are some breath taking pictures , love the towers of tulips ? and the paint splash things in pretty cool as were all......

thanks for sharing bro...

peAce Soser
Thanks Soser! I think the "towers of tulips" you mentioned are the 'Foxglove', google that and let me know if I guessed wrong. I really liked the paint splash mural also, I don't know why, maybe it was all the white space contrasting the bright colors.

Whatever you do, DO NOT pull meeks post up with a 2G signal!

Insane amount of pics. I like it Brother.

All amazingly crazy huge producers. American Takii by far has the best set up.

Until I can fill it with the good herb, I've been trying to decide what to with my property.
Not sure if I want to set up a distributership going strictly to resalers or hit the end users, large landscapers.

These guys are so freakin' diverse. I would like to keep my numbers down and stick with fast selling easy growing stuff.
Rosa Knock out verieties, Lagerstroemia indica, commonly known as crape myrtle or crepe myrtle and Acer palmatum, Japanese Maples.
But to have these multi-million dollar set ups would be a dream.

Yeah, these are HUGE companies, so I highly doubt any of us will ever be on their scale. Plant production is tough to make a living doing, and small scale operations often need to find a niche market to stay in business competing with the large scale factory style greenhouses that exist for the common annuals and perennials. Good luck using your property to its fullest!

Hey meeks, awesome grow! I wanted to ask you if you mind commenting specifically on how you are liking the jack's nutes? Just a quick product review and how they compare to other products you have used would be amazing. Just a couple lines would be awesome. Hope all is well man and thanks!
I am no longer using the Jack's nutrients/recipe, and haven't been for the last 4 months or so. . . but sure!

I have used Canna's full line of coco specific nutrients and their recommended additives for 4 full grow cycles. I found them simple to use and did not have any disastrous applications on any product when I followed the label/schedule rates. Their line was a part of my feeding recipe when I was growing less elite genetics though, so it is difficult for me to make any real statements about the quality of the end product, other than it was very smokable and had no ill effects on the flavor of the dry meds. I moved away from this line only because I was looking to try something new (and would not return now because the cost is just much too high).

I have used House & Garden's full line of coco specific nutrients and their recommended additives for 5 full grow cycles. I found that some of their products are mislabeled with inappropriate rates leading to over applications and major plant stress. When I got a firm grasp on their entire line I did find them capable of producing some amazing quality meds, with a clean burn and strong flavor. However, there was never a time when I was able to complete a full grow cycle without multiple foliar feedings to correct for visible deficiencies. I moved away from this line because the cost was not worth the labor intensive results.

I have used JR Peter's line of Jack's Pro Hydro + Calcium Nitrate, with Epsom salts, and MOST (micro nutrients). I experienced amazing results when using this recipe on my first grow cycle trying it! Starting with dry salts and mixing reservoirs was different from using liquid nutrients, but just as simple once you do it a couple times. Overall plant health among different genotypes seemed to be more uniform, leading me to believe that overall nutrition was better than with H&G. The extremely low cost of this recipe motivated me to use it for a second round, but its slightly high K (potassium) value was not making me happy on round 2, so I moved away from the Jack's recipe looking for something with a slightly lower total EC.

Now I am running a custom blend that is based on a recipe from a grower on another forum. The recipe per gallon is: 2.44g Calcium-Nitrate, 1.6g Epsom salts, 1.33g MKP, 0.1g MOST, and 0.1g Fe chelate. This recipe is perfect for veg, have not seen anything as good or as cheap. The recipe is still a little shaky in flowering, I need to dial it in for weeks 2-4, but it is very functional all the way through. I am happy to report that this is the first recipe I have found that provides complete plant nutrition, meaning I have not had to apply a single foliar feeding during this grow from seed germination to harvest and has obviously grown great looking plants. I will be continuing with this recipe for now.

I hope this helps, thanks for checking out my log!

-Meeks

A

A-Roe

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks. It's because of you that I didnt pull any fan leaves this run and man it really makes a difference, I'm on point to pull 1.5 a light or more this run and that's a big jump from 1 per light for me. Thanks agian and keep up the killer work.

Top Bottom