Meeks' 2013 Dapper Grow Log

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Wow! So much support already, I am really glad everyone is finding there way to this new thread, I promise I will get to answering questions and thanking everyone individually when I finish with the weekly grind! For now I have another quick update on the seedlings. 8 out of 8 are going strong! 7 out of 8 are a day ahead, I just pulled the shell off the last seedling today. I have put cellophane plastic over the media in hopes of preventing unnecessary water loss from the pot during the early stages of establishment. Here are a couple photos a snapped tonight.

IMG 7170
IMG 7171

Remember:

"When you plant shit seeds, you get shit weeds" -Jim Lahey (Trailer Park Boys)

Much gratitude to the breeder of these fine genetics, OGRaskal, the man with the Midas touch!

-Meeks

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Nice work as always brother your new log looks like it will be at least as good as the last although im expecting even better your girls always look perfect IMO love seeing plants so healthy man you definitely been listening in class lol much respect brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Them beans look hella proper. Did u get a pack of the White Strawberry also? I'm still chasing some of them White Master Kush seeds still. Always seemed to miss them on the drops. Best of luck with ur grows in 2013.
Thanks RIval! I didn't get a pack of the White Stawberry unfortunately. . . I have had the opportunity come and let it pass me by because I had too much in the vault that I didn't see them getting popped anytime soon. I probably should have grabbed them just for the hell of it, but maybe one day I will get lucky and see a full pack available again. Good luck to you this year also bro!

Sweet...I caught this one at the beginning! Looking forward to seeing you work you magic!

....that shatter looks awesome! LOL
Glad to see you're here SDC, the magic has already begun and the second set of leaves started to show late last night and will be expanding over the weekend! The shatter honestly is as awesome as it looks. . . :p not to boast, but there is a reason why I have been obsessed with it and posting a bunch of pictures.

Boom! Strapped in!
Nice, yeah I think we are going to have to start enforcing a seat belt policy for all passengers if this gets as crazy as some of my 2012 grows did! Happy you made it over GL!

im down for this one cant wait to see all the girls! white skunk should be sick!
I am stoked to see both tables full of all 1 strain, especially something is special as the White Skunk! Thanks for posting up winta, always pleased to have you around!

Ill be following along as always bro cant wait to see everything in full effect

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
Nice, delighted to have to here for the show KC!

Right on brotha nMeeks... kickin 2013 off proper like.

PnL
Yes sir! I figured it was time for a change. . . but I hate change, so I went for something just a little bit different ;) and decided to do just 1 strain for the whole flowering area instead of my usual perpetual or 1 strain per table setup. Should make for a very stinky early spring!

I like the way this thread has started out. I am so subbed for this! :)
I like that you like the way this thread has started out. . . hahahah, Welcome Monkey, stick around, this is just the beginning!

Very nice! How do you purge your BHO?
I purged this batch of shatter with the standard hot water bath to evaporate the original solvent pool and then used a combination of a heat gun and 5 CFM vacuum pump and vacuum chamber to purge the oil a couple dozen times until I couldn't see any micro bubbles at all in the final product. Then I put it between two sheet of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin and remove the heat by tossing it in the fridge for a couple minutes before leaving it at room temp. It will completely shatter, slivers or large pieces, up to around 75F and then you can start to slightly bend or pull it.

I got the white strawberry. It's very good. Kind of a sour smell, and great structure. Bushy.
I'm jealous Cap, you always got your hands on the stuff on my wish list!

meeks this picture of the seeds is awesome.
Thanks a bunch man, I took probably 30 photos of those seeds before I got one I liked :)

Solid choice Meeks, WS is some fire. I found one of the frostiest plants I have ever come across bar none, from only popping 3 beans. She is so bad, she can win cups guaranteed. You will be more than happy. Good luck bro.
Hell yeah! That gets me so pumped for this grow! I am searching for the perfect smell/taste in this grow, I have plenty of frosty ladies. . . . but nothing that burns your nose from across the room the second you open the jar and makes you turn your head and instantly you know what strain is in the jar! That is what I am on the hunt for with these bad girls! Something lemony and sour or maybe a super funky lemon that just has a skunk stink for days!

I'm here and on your coattail for the white skunk...
Nice bro, you will get to follow it at both spots and get double the updates :D Glad you could make it!

Sounds like things r off 2 a great start, bro. I'm def along for the ride. I'm gonna pop some more OGR gear soon. A few White S1 and Fire Alien. That BHO looks hella clean. I bet it tastes lovely.
Things are rolling along very smoothly so far, and the BHO was a mud run of my Alien Grenades and Lemon Alien Dawg trim in the same batch. . . so the flavor is tough to put your finger on, but it is very enjoyable! Good luck with you upcoming OGR gear, let me know how those Fire Alien Kush turn out, I have a pack of those in the vault still that I am considering doing this year.

EXACTLY. I only popped 3 and kept 2!
. . .Well I popped 8 and they all made it through germination and early establishment. . . .so maybe I will get 5 or 6 keepers! or maybe I will be able to select from 5 or 6 keepers and pick 1 truly insane keeper! Haha, problems with growing OGR gear are hardly problems :)

Looking good Meeks!! Some tasty looking shatter bro.. Hope you find something special in those WS beans homie... Here for the show and best of luck findi.g the dank...!! ~ODB~
Thanks ODB, I've had my heart set on these for a while now, very excited to finally have them sprouted! The shatter is so good. . . . but I can't get away from it now, a big shard ends up on top of almost every bowl I smoke these days! Thanks for joining in!

great pic's
Much appreciated DG, hang around if you wanna see a whole lot more where that came from!

Shaping up to be a great thread already Meeks! I really dig the tasty pics.

Question on tomatoes (just curious): If these were growing in our backyard, would you only pick them individually as they ripen (fully red), or can you pick them all at once and let the green ones ripen indoors (window sill, or paper bag)?
Great question DF, and the answer for the home grower would definitely be to pick when your fruit is red and ripe! In this greenhouse, we are actually doing the same thing. Because it is a small enough operation (and student labor is free) we are individually harvesting the tomatoes when they are hitting peak ripeness and then walking them across the street to our campus farm stand where we sell them for $2.50/lb!

However, in a commercial greenhouse setting, where the tomatoes have a couple days/weeks of shipping and storage ahead of them before they will be placed on the grocery store shelf, the growers harvest whole clusters when they are full size but still green. Then, before arrival at the grocer storage facility, they will gas the tomatoes with ethylene. The ethylene is a natural plant hormone that promotes tissue decay (A.K.A. ripening) and the tomatoes turn red! The down side to this process is that some of the larger varieties do not ripen all the way through to the center, and you may have noticed eating tomatoes with green centers or seeds. . . which is a result of this technique. The benefits of a less fragile shipping crop, and longer shipping/stoage window just happen to outweigh the negatives in the industries opinion.

The process of putting a fruit in a bag or especially putting a fruit in a bag with an apple or banana is reproducing this process on a small scale. The ripe apple or banana is naturally putting off high amounts of ethylene as it decays (ripens further) and that ethylene gas is trapped in the bag with your other fruit, causing the second fruit to ripen more quickly! This process works, and is ideal if you are in a rush to get those fruit you just bought ready for tomorrow afternoon, but is not ideal if you have the opportunity to let the fruit fully ripen on the plant, and pests are not a concern for eating the fruit before it reaches that point.

I hope this helps, and thanks for joining the party!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Nice new log u got going.. I can feel it ur gunna find some fire.. Killer lookin TKO~BHO & those seed pics r super tight.. Good luck with this new grow
Thanks for the positive vibes Goo! Always appreciate you stopping by! I hope everything is going well for you, got anything exciting on deck for the new year?

Nice work as always brother your new log looks like it will be at least as good as the last although im expecting even better your girls always look perfect IMO love seeing plants so healthy man you definitely been listening in class lol much respect brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
That means a lot! Thanks for the really kind words KC, I will do my very best to continue to improve upon both my growing and my documentation each grow as I always do! Class isn't cheap, so I try to soak up every word. . . unlike most of my peers who are here for the parties and going home to work on their dad's farm after school.

sitting up front with my note book , waiting for the show, do your think bro, you know i'll be hitting you with questions ..... good luck .... respect soser
Happy to have you and your great questions here Soser! Things will be a little bit slow for the first few weeks here, but then it will take off as it always does!

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

No prob nMeeks your hard work in school show through your work in your room and your schools greenhouse looks amazing along with the public garden you guys planted on your campus I hear you about your peers im not in the same position as most of my peers either alot of people I know are doing the same shit I was doing 10 years ago lol but there as old as me or older hahaha it is what it is hard work, dedication, and being sincere about what you do in life arent qualites the majority of people have today lol and I give respect to any gardener or farmer this shit isnt quite as easy as some people make it out lol especially if your running a 400 acre farm or a 30k warehouse hahaha not quite a 40 hour a week job by any means haha anyway bro enough of me talking take care man be back by soon

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
No prob nMeeks your hard work in school show through your work in your room and your schools greenhouse looks amazing along with the public garden you guys planted on your campus I hear you about your peers im not in the same position as most of my peers either alot of people I know are doing the same shit I was doing 10 years ago lol but there as old as me or older hahaha it is what it is hard work, dedication, and being sincere about what you do in life arent qualites the majority of people have today lol and I give respect to any gardener or farmer this shit isnt quite as easy as some people make it out lol especially if your running a 400 acre farm or a 30k warehouse hahaha not quite a 40 hour a week job by any means haha anyway bro enough of me talking take care man be back by soon

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
Thanks KC, I agree.

Looking forward to your progress bro! Should be a killer run with these genetics.
Glad you could make it Pura! I am patiently watching the first few leaves develop ever so slowly, haha!

Quick update on the seedlings and veg closet:

I installed a new drip system for my 400w MH area in the veg closet this weekend, and it works perfectly! Thought I would share a picture to show the simplicity of PVC dripper manifolds. The pipe plumbs down the back to below the lower tray level and then runs on hose to connect with my 20 gallon reservoir on the floor (very similar to my system in the flowering area, but with a much more compact manifold). I have 1GPH emitters on the end of the drip lines and currently get runoff after running the system for 1 minute.

IMG 7188

Here are some seedling pictures for you too! :)

IMG 7191
IMG 7195
IMG 7198

-Meeks

kendog000

kendog000

Lookion like the are off to a killer start Meeks. Ur gonna love the WS, ive run it a few times and she doesnt dissapoint. Hel the plant in my avatar is the WS. For sure a few diff phenos to be found, but if i remember right, there wasnt one i didnt like. Im taggin along for the show

Peace and good luck
Ken

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Lookion like the are off to a killer start Meeks. Ur gonna love the WS, ive run it a few times and she doesnt dissapoint. Hel the plant in my avatar is the WS. For sure a few diff phenos to be found, but if i remember right, there wasnt one i didnt like. Im taggin along for the show

Peace and good luck
Ken
They are moving along smoothly so far, I can't wait to get out of veg and into flower!! You and everyone else I have heard from about the WS says the beans are all fire! Glad to have you here Ken.

Sick set up nMEEKs I'm subscribed!
Thanks Genepool, It gets better with every run. I have been working hard on cutting back the number of hours I spend in the grow room these last few months, and drip systems were a HUGE part of that process.

Here are just a few photos I snapped earlier today. These girls have been in the media for 2 weeks now!

IMG 7316
IMG 7311
IMG 7317

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I was able to harvest half the plants in the flowering room, so next weekend I will get the other half cleared out when they are mature and then the White Skunks can start soaking up the 1000w HPS and really blow up fast!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Great thread Meeks. Thanks for sharing. The 'maters look great!
It's great to hear from you HBDr! Thanks for the kind words, I hope everything is going well up North! The tomatoes are looking better and better! We finally got bees in the greenhouse to do the pollinating for us. . . up until a couple weeks ago we were pollinating by hand and that not only took forever but was less effective (there are downsides to being free student labor)!

Wow nMeeks! I love your attention to detail. Beautiful pics of the seedlings in the casing. I'm grabbing a seat. hope you don't mind lol good luck with the grow.
Thanks Dirk, I am definitely pretty OCD when it comes to my cannabis plants. The photo of the seed casings are actually empty casings, and the green you can see is not part of the seedling, but a piece of tissue that got left behind as the seedlings emerged. Happy to have you here for the show, make yourself comfortable :)

soserthc1

soserthc1

Meeks , question time my friend , looking for the scientific knowledge on the red stems as i noticed that sometimes they turn red and sometimes they don't , I was thinking that it was a tempature thing as my veg area stays around 55-65 during freezing temp's outside but notice cleaning my (flower ) room yesterday that my second run of my keeper ARC now has red stems and didn't first run , when you get time bro , no rush on answer - all is looking sweet in meeks garden as always ......peace SoSer

GI JO

GI JO

I have a question and I hope it hasn't been asked (and answered) somewhere else. I noticed in your Alien thread and in this thread that once they have popped up, they don't grow really tall and spindly. Do you start them under a 400w right off the bat? This is what mine look like and I'm afraid to transplant them because I don't think they have a very strong root system yet. They lived under a fluro for about 8 days and are now in a room under 600w

GI JO

GI JO

Ya, I saw that. I just didn't see for sure if it was right away. Definitely gonna give that a shot next time, the results say it all.

Top Bottom