meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Looks really good man, if you don't mind me asking, are those four 4" drains on your buckets?

No they are 2", but there are 2 of them, and an overflow, so three.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'm going to rock double stacks in a mover, just you wait and see, Mister!

That would be pointless. 2 lights will cover a 7 ft. plant and that's all I have room for. If the plants were on the ground I would do a triple stack, and a 70 gallon container of some kind.

ttystikk

ttystikk

That would be pointless. 2 lights will cover a 7 ft. plant and that's all I have room for. If the plants were on the ground I would do a triple stack, and a 70 gallon container of some kind.

Dunno about pointless, but I see what you're driving at. I've found big benefits from moving lights, even just a few feet, in reducing leaf shading.

The tighter the vertical grow's clearances between plants and bulb(s), the more important moving the bulb becomes in the quest to avoid/eliminate hot spots. Since I'm running pretty tight, I'm building movers.

The best part about this is that the plants will have the final say...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Dunno about pointless, but I see what you're driving at. I've found big benefits from moving lights, even just a few feet, in reducing leaf shading.

The tighter the vertical grow's clearances between plants and bulb(s), the more important moving the bulb becomes in the quest to avoid/eliminate hot spots. Since I'm running pretty tight, I'm building movers.

The best part about this is that the plants will have the final say...

Maybe more space is what you really need, so you can eliminate hot spots and foxtailing. ;)

J

Jalisco Kid

Sayulita is for hideouts and drunks. JK
You just need a few weeks and a car, to find the place for you.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Maybe more space is what you really need, so you can eliminate hot spots and foxtailing. ;)

Heh heh, we all want more space, don't we?

I'm all about getting the most from the least. If light movers help me do that, I'm all for them! After all, 12V motors cost a lot less to run than bulbs of any useful size...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sayulita is for hideouts and drunks. JK
You just need a few weeks and a car, to find the place for you.

Oh yeah it is. LOL. I like your area. Even further south is nice too. Lots of beaches with nobody...yet. Hey do you know playa Mayto?

J

Jalisco Kid

It will give you character, you should just be wheeling around in there on your mechanics chair. The worst for me was the neck, right where my wetsuit rubs. Get some aloe plants going. Are you running any flavors from obsoul in this run? If you ran them what type of harvest you get of them. I am getting tired from looking for that bubba cut. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Jalisco Kid I am just finishing a run of orange cookies I only had space for three phenos and one of them is straight amazing (the other 2 were just so so). I took 4 cuttings before I put her in flower so I am gonna mom those out and run her in beds, as she doesn't look like plant that would grow a good tree. Better than GSC in yields but she ain't no baby arm pheno.

My buckets are at 46" off the ground! You must have been plumbing these from the sides doing long rows otherwise I don't know how you could accommodate for 1/4" / ft. slope on the drains.

This run in your buckets is all FPOG #7. The chow and sunshine plants are starfighter. I am also running a few love triangles by @Bodhi and they are crazy yielders, but only one has a smell and the other two are duds with huge buds. NEedless to say they got culled.

Yesterday I popped some TK S-1's, snowdawgs, wolverine kush, and some hindu skunk x stardawg x pre 98 bubba. I'll let you know if there was anything promising and you are always welcome to whatever I have in the stable.

-cap

J

Jalisco Kid

Every inch is up is good for 4-5' to drain. I design my sys so my rez's are in the same building.You are good for 170'. Most of my runs are not much over 60'. Since I vent my lines I do not have a problem with flow. Also in MY rooms the rez is in the ground. But still how long a run you need to your rez.
I never would run plumbing out the side, it would get in my way to much. Now I have worked in a room with raised floors I do not think I would enjoy working in a room where I had to step over plumbing.
Since I lost everything it was easy to walk away. Until I get my place finished I have nowhere to play. I want to develop some more tree strains. Located the cuts I used to make my blue dago and maybe I can track down that HA male to make that tangelo kush. The orange gsc sounded good. I would love to have Seaberry back but trying to find rez's first release of strawberry d would be a bit hard. His other releases were shit(as in real shit). I tried as many flavors this last month,the best I tried was some nicely grown Kosher Kush. The highest I got was off some clean oil from Haze,killer for the guitar or surfing. If that turns out well some me a few buds, I will be back up in Feb. Jacek thinks I can go back to work after that. JK
JK

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jalisco Kid

Heh heh, we all want more space, don't we?

I'm all about getting the most from the least. If light movers help me do that, I'm all for them! After all, 12V motors cost a lot less to run than bulbs of any useful size...

Moving lights on a vert sys I do not not think is cost effective. You can only move a light 18" up then the top bulb would become useless, 18" down the bottom bulbs become useless. I would try running 1 screen with the buds on the outside,,this would give you better air flow,more even rh,be able to spray your plants better,etc. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Every inch is up is good for 4-5' to drain. I design my sys so my rez's are in the same building.You are good for 170'. Most of my runs are not much over 60'. Since I vent my lines I do not have a problem with flow. Also in MY rooms the rez is in the ground. But still how long a run you need to your rez.
I never would run plumbing out the side, it would get in my way to much. Now I have worked in a room with raised floors I do not think I would enjoy working in a room where I had to step over plumbing.
Since I lost everything it was easy to walk away. Until I get my place finished I have nowhere to play. I want to develop some more tree strains. Located the cuts I used to make my blue dago and maybe I can track down that HA male to make that tangelo kush. The orange gsc sounded good. I would love to have Seaberry back but trying to find rez's first release of strawberry d would be a bit hard. His other releases were shit(as in real shit). I tried as many flavors this last month,the best I tried was some nicely grown Kosher Kush. The highest I got was off some clean oil from Haze,killer for the guitar or surfing. If that turns out well some me a few buds, I will be back up in Feb. Jacek thinks I can go back to work after that. JK
JK

I have the original cut of the kosher (Jews Gold)

J

Jalisco Kid

How does that compare with the orange as far as the intensity of flavor (how far down a spliff does the flavor fade) and the kind of high? JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How does that compare with the orange as far as the intensity of flavor (how far down a spliff does the flavor fade) and the kind of high? JK

I haven't chopped the orange yet so I don't know, but the KK is really a strong OG flavor... all the way to the ash.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here is a nice X mas shot of the OJB x GSC. I am calling out this pheno as the orange oil pheno, because that is exactly what it smells like. Not subjective at all, just straight up orange oil.

OJB x GSC

Latest posts

Top Bottom