meet the honeycomb

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

JK have you grown McFly? trees in buckets of McFly would crush it..
Before my last round up there I was running Mcfly, a wifi, my bludago and tangelo kush. I had a mcfly get away from me on my last run on a 5.5 week veg. I had to throw a few plants outside because the Mcfly was demanding more room. She ended up 8' x3.5-4' by 5 high. That tangelo was a heavy hitter and chunky JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Jalisco Kid

WTF am I doing bro? These tanks are straight monster. :eek: I've been plumbing for like 15 hours. :finger:

This thread should get it's own section. I think my trash can plants are getting root bound... one potato two potato three potato four...

IMG 0800
IMG 0801

J

Jalisco Kid

Pot up to a 30 gal brute. Those girls are not in flower yet.
Could you have run things towards the center so they would not be in the way of most of your work. I put my tanks in straight lines normally. Do first I chop the pvc to the sizes I need keeping them separate in bins. I then start plumbing the bottom of my tanks with male adapters. That would have made your life easier. I do not see any clean outs. I use different color pipe to help id a line incase I am not there.
Work is good for the soul,but I am always a plane ticket away. JK
4 days of rain in Dec. I should have just stayed up there.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Jalisco Kid I was just gonna use the overflow as a clean out. Thought about putting one in. It would have been really simple. A t instead of a bow. If I had been doing a standard layout this woudl have been much easier. I still can access every plant without steppign over pipe though, and I plan on building a big platform in the middle.

They are in 28 gallons so I don't see how a 30 gallon will make much difference, and there is no fuckin way I could/would want to get these out by myself. I have seen mega plants in 5 gallon containers so as long as I water enough they will be fine. Plus there is a space between the two trash cans. The top one is full of holes and drains to the bottom, which then drains from the bottom, so they will get air pruned from the bottom and I won't get O2 starvation at the bottom of the pot from root mass buildup (all in theory).

Check your email I sent you a pic of the vac breaker I got. It's for commercial irrigation.

J

Jalisco Kid

As long as the spring is not loaded to much, It needs to open when you start to moderately suck on it. JK
They should be fine in those if they are that big. Those 20 gal brutes grew some big girls while getting air pumped into the rootzone.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Finally done. Will season the juice with some nutes and bennies tomorrow after I fix a very small leak on one of the valves (may have forgotten the glue on that joint).

Here she goes. Next round I will be more prepared with an appropriate veg and healthier plants. These ones had to kick it waaaaaay too long waiting for the big room to be done. I haven't even had time to clean them yet, and the trashcans have not been watered to runoff in about 2 weeks. My bucket trees sat in a stagnant veg system because I never got the airstones in it running or the ebb flow timer hooked up. Too many things going on, too little time.

IMG 0828

Here is the control room, with a 300 gallon reservoir, 3 pondmaster 100's to run the air, and (2) 4500 GPH waterfall pumps. I am not sure how many people are running more volume in their system than this but my guess is not many. The 1800 danner pump with the 3/4" tubing is running a 1HP chiller outside of this room.

IMG 0836

@oscar169 I will be using your tea brewer from here on out. I should have it plumbed up tomorrow. Luckily I can connect it right to the main drain here. No fucking around with this setup.

IMG 0837

And here is how I will train the plants. No cages, just a shitload of yo yos with 4' wire leads. Prehung. Grab one when and where you need it.

IMG 0840

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@Capulator You will Love the Vortex. I have my running right now, with your bennies that came in the mail on Thursday...:D

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

When I grow up....I want to be like you Cap! Fuck me running.....that yo yo set up is freaking RAD! I got a set the other day that don't fit on my cages....looks like I know what I will be up to once this room clears out. What kinda wire are you using on them?

Everything else looks super clean! This is the first run with JK's system that I have seen.....I'm pretty stoked to see that in action. Without a doubt....you are going to crush it.

sixstring

sixstring

nice layout skillz cap,can you tell us about those big black boxes.and how do you clean a system like this,do you have to run bleach or something through the sytem after harvest?ya know a good plumber gets 100.00 an hour,just sayin cause the plumbing looks so nice I cant see past it lol

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

(2) 4500gph pumps, :woot:
jesus thats a lot of water movement:eek:
good job on the pumbing, thats a lot of pvc too:writing::artist::poto:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
To clean these you can fill them up between runs with a bleach solution and let them sit a few hours. That's what I do with my MPB anyway. You can also spray down the inside with strong H2O2 (I think that is what @Jalisco Kid does sometimes but I am not sure)

@sixstring looks like I saved myself a lot of money in plumbing as I think I have around 20 hours logged plumbing all of this.

@CelticEBE The yo yos work great. I use them the opposite way they are supposed to be used because that little plastic hook doesn't work on thinner branches. I use aluminum jewelry wire. It's bendable and fairly thin. Normally I just use garden wire, but buying a 1600 ft roll of this wire was pretty cheap and I wanted thin wire to be able to pull the wire through the flowers when I have to harvest, instead of cutting the wires and re stringing them again.

@ftwendy

wonkpic1.jpg

I already hired a whole batch of loompas, sorry. :cigar:

tweedy

tweedy

How did you end up plumbing them cap? Rdwc? With that much flow I'd assume so but it never hurts to ask questions. :)

Also, @Capulator and @Jalisco Kid
what GM is this model?

Latest posts

Top Bottom