• Thread starter Megachron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Megachron

Hey guys thought I'd start this so you can all follow my progress

I'm currently growing Sensi seeds Skunk#1

9 plants in 20l pots under 2 600w viparspectra Led lights

Dimensions are 1.2m x 2m bit of a squeez but I'm not topping just going to let them do there thing

We're currently looking good there only 2 days old

Water EC is 0.3 for now till I start feeding and ph at 5.8 for optimum nitrogen uptake

Nutrients are canna coco A+B
Superthrive
Nitrozyme
Calmag

And I'm due to get a XL exhale grow bag

Aim is to have 3 600w led's under all 9 and to try crop 1000ish grams in dry bud but who knows still a long way a way

Photos to be uploaded when things get more exciting

Peace

T

TripC

Please keep this thread going with updates; I'd love to know the progress you're making! I'm considering Viparspectra LED's as an inexpensive light choice and would really be interested in your opinions and yield on these lights. I too want to try out coco (probably 75/25 coco perlite mix). Best of luck with your grow!

M

Megachron

Please keep this thread going with updates; I'd love to know the progress you're making! I'm considering Viparspectra LED's as an inexpensive light choice and would really be interested in your opinions and yield on these lights. I too want to try out coco (probably 75/25 coco perlite mix). Best of luck with your grow!
To be honest I really rate them you can pick up 2 for around £300 1200w using less than 600w has veg and bloom settings and a looks really cool

M

Megachron

Just thought I'd throw up a photo and ask a question whilst I'm at it I've seen somewhere that it's good to flush every week with coco by flushing through three times the required amount to get run off to avoid salt build up ??

IMG 1029
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I usually just do a 20% run-off once a week is all, but my nutrient strength is around 1 ec or 500 ppm for flower. Veg feeds in the 400-450 ppm range. RO water, synthetic nutes, 9 liter pots of coir.

M

Megachron

I usually just do a 20% run-off once a week is all, but my nutrient strength is around 1 ec or 500 ppm for flower. Veg feeds in the 400-450 ppm range. RO water, synthetic nutes, 9 liter pots of coir.
What you mean by 20% run off so my pots are 20l so like 4l of run off??

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What you mean by 20% run off so my pots are 20l so like 4l of run off??
Yes, if you feed stronger than I would suggest more frequent run-offs. My 18 liter pots take around a gallon and a half to achieve this. Other than that they get feed between 32 to 96 ounces of nutes depending on size.

M

Megachron

Yes, if you feed stronger than I would suggest more frequent run-offs. My 18 liter pots take around a gallon and a half to achieve this. Other than that they get feed between 32 to 96 ounces of nutes depending on size.
Kl so id look to flush about 5gals per 20l pot, whilst I've got you my tap EC is 0.3 when I add my calmag and superthrive it's 0.4 so when I come to feed their first nutes should I look to take the EC up to 0.6 - 0.7 what would you suggest

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Kl so id look to flush about 5gals per 20l pot, whilst I've got you my tap EC is 0.3 when I add my calmag and superthrive it's 0.4 so when I come to feed their first nutes should I look to take the EC up to 0.6 - 0.7 what would you suggest
Are you growing in 20 liter pots or 20 gallon pots? Should only be using 1 1/2 gallons to achieve run-off depending on the consistency of you're coir

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

As small as those are I would just be pouring a little around the plant once a day till they fill out a little more. .6-.7 ec would be fine.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I mean you're plants are fairly small for the size of pots they are in. They won't be needing much water until they grow some more.

T

TripC

Just thought I'd throw up a photo and ask a question whilst I'm at it I've seen somewhere that it's good to flush every week with coco by flushing through three times the required amount to get run off to avoid salt build up ??
NEVER "flush" in coco. Just do a slightly higher run-off or a light feed once a week and you'll be set. Coco doesn't need to be flushed like soil. Watch salts and avoid a true flush if at all possible. Continued best wishes on your grow.

M

Megachron

So I'm pretty much two weeks in no real issues so far just regretting potting straight into my 20 liter pot was just overzealous to get the ball rolling, light fed once very light! EC 0.4 (tap EC 0.3) fed around a liter per plant so 9 litres, growth seeming a little slow from some so I'm hoping to see an improvement on my next feed for sure, may take them 5 or 6 weeks into veg depends

M

Megachron

Only problem ATM is on a few the leafs are warped only slightly now this usually always happens to me on some apparently it's to do with the PH but mine is always spot on?? Did have a few hot days in the tent so that could Be it??

M

Megachron

Oh and lastly had a weird white stuff on the top of my soil looked like mould but it's apparently nutrient salt? I've barely used nutrients or additives so ??

M

Megachron

By far the slowest one I was scared to let my coco dry out to much so maybe it's over watering abit ??

T

TripC

To me they look really small for 2 weeks in just because of the huge pot that they are in! Haha but overall look healthy, just veg a little longer to get to the size you want before flip. Also the feed can go up a little now that you're two weeks into veg. That will help those babies grow! Good luck and thanks for the update.

Edit: Don't forget that coco has no nutrient value to plants so they need a boost in the beginning (some pre charge the coco) or they can take a little heavier feeding than you're used to if you are used to using soil.

Top Bottom