Megachrons First Coco Grow

• Thread starter Megachron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

This is my progression for my coir grown plants.
DSCN0734

That 3 weeks from rooted clone to the larger pot.

M

Megachron

I thought about that I'm use to playing with fire when I feed I had huge plants for a month and one week but like anything I got burnt haha I'm new to coco so it's strange I never know when to water I get scared haha I never let it dry out like how I would in soil my coco stays moist but a bit dry never more

T

TripC

I thought about that I'm use to playing with fire when I feed I had huge plants for a month and one week but like anything I got burnt haha I'm new to coco so it's strange I never know when to water I get scared haha I never let it dry out like how I would in soil my coco stays moist but a bit dry never more

You said what was going to be my main point - never, ever let coco dry out! Keep it moist, when you water that pulls oxygen down into the root zone. Some do multiple feedings per day, some do one per day, and other do every other day. I wouldn't go past 48 hours without watering/feeding. Whatever works for you. You'll get a feel for what the plant needs in time regardless! Coco for the win!!!

M

Megachron

You said what was going to be my main point - never, ever let coco dry out! Keep it moist, when you water that pulls oxygen down into the root zone. Some do multiple feedings per day, some do one per day, and other do every other day. I wouldn't go past 48 hours without watering/feeding. Whatever works for you. You'll get a feel for what the plant needs in time regardless! Coco for the win!!!
They just seem a little small still I'm feeding every three or two days not really feed nutes to be honest so far I'm feeding light so I'll feed them again today and hopefully take them to five weeks in veg then flip, However my smallest plant once turned into my biggest

M

Megachron

any updates pics .........

Currently doing crap for nearly a month slowed growth tiny burns and the realisation of underwatering two are a bit bad so I'll replace them with two og#18

IMG 1138
Westie

Westie

Keep up the good work.
As for dry or wet.....Flushing...
One method is to water more often, several times a day, very little run-off each time. Always keeping the Coco wet, never allow to get dry. No need for flushing. I only use highest quality bagged 100% Coco, add max 20% perlite. Pot it up, water as above.

M

Megachron

Keep up the good work.
As for dry or wet.....Flushing...
One method is to water more often, several times a day, very little run-off each time. Always keeping the Coco wet, never allow to get dry. No need for flushing. I only use highest quality bagged 100% Coco, add max 20% perlite. Pot it up, water as above.

We're not doing to well I messed up and fed to much nutes 0.7 EC, I flushed them twice and it seems like the worse is over they are just growing super slowly and they have been for a while, I added two more seeds just in case things get worse og#18, I'm planning on flipping at the end of this month so hopefully they come through or it'll be a week into next month

Westie

Westie

We're not doing to well I messed up and fed to much nutes 0.7 EC, I flushed them twice and it seems like the worse is over they are just growing super slowly and they have been for a while, I added two more seeds just in case things get worse og#18, I'm planning on flipping at the end of this month so hopefully they come through or it'll be a week into next month

I found this thread very helpful..... (Love the thcfarmer site!)
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/whats-your-favorite-coco-nutrient.41395/

F

Fecund Loin

Don't lose heart mate, I've just gone to flower in my first grow in coco/perlite, four week veg 1m * 1m 600hps with good extraction. I had really bad initial growth after transplanting plugs into the mix, yellow leaves (iron lock out is my theory). My mistake (after research) was that coco needs rinsing REALLY well and buffering. Once I had flushed all the shit out with 50% nute feeding with 20% runoff they exploded.The good news for you is they look like mine did, nice and squat, I kept worrying they were too squat :D They are stretching like MOFO's and have gone from 18 inches to just shy of three feet since going 12/12 on Saturday(six days ago) Still lots to learn and lots and lots of research to do. Pic of tent attached, any pro''s please scream at me for the daft errors I WILL be making., it's my first indoor grow, always used to veg outside all summer and flower 7' plants under a SON T in spare room, old school, god things have changed :opps: Edit: 6 plants in about 12-13L of mix NL Incredible Bulk, Critical and Honey Cream (all topped once) Pineapple Cheese, Blue Cheese (as nature intended, first seesd didn't go so they are 5 days behind0. Feed- Rhizotonic (twice so far) and a worked up to aggressive Cann A & B 70 ml - 20L under veg. They look a bit bashed about as I turned pots today. BTW OP you are PHing your water/nutes to 5.8, my growth explosion coincided with buying a PH pen :mad: I guess 6.8 wasn't their bag :smoking:

IMG 20170310 0124358821
Last edited:
ozman

ozman

Hey
wow that sux hope you get your problems sorted mega.
i got some coco going its my first time in coco so far so good im using canna a and b and canna pk 13/14
i dont let it get dry.im watering my flowers at around 900 ppms including the pk 13/14,sometimes i have runoff and sometimes i dont and sometimes i have a lot of runoff by accident.
i have a 600 watt hps in a 2x4 tent with a cooltube,using burpee coco bricks
i got 21 plants going 5 different strains,5 white widow,3 ice,8 misc,1 is lemon og the rest could be northern lights and or sensi seeds super skunk,
and 5 og kush.
im running in the dark playing it close to the ground so to speak,paying attention to the plants wants and needs.
i dont have a clue what im doing really never used coco before.
im cutting clones today when the widows come out lemon og will go in with 2 and a half weeks of veg time plus 2 weeks of getting roots.
im thinking of going to a 5x5 tent and grow in a 4x4 space in it double my size with no increase in in any thing except a new tent.
the widow is due in 4 weeks woohoo,followed by a few d ays later the ice will be done im pretty excited.every day i keep a very close eye on the girls for problems.
20170315 132557
20170315 132404

20170404 1056111
Top Bottom