Megacrop - is this normal?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Just got my first batch of Megacrop thru Amazon and it's not quite what I expected. Is this what it normally looks like? Mostly granules with some rock hard nuggets and a side order of powder. It mostly dissolves in cold water, next time I'll try dissolving it in a liter or so of hot water before diluting to volume.

Megacrop   is this normal
crossfader

crossfader

My bag arrived looking much the same. Tomorrow I'm hitting up a few thrift stores for either an old blender or coffee grinder, this way I can grind a bunch up and keep in an airtight container. ✌️

A

Alwispy

Hmmm mine sure doesn’t, it’s nice and consistent throughout with no lumps. I wonder if some old stock was shipped out ? 🤷‍♂️

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
Just got my first batch of Megacrop thru Amazon and it's not quite what I expected. Is this what it normally looks like? Mostly granules with some rock hard nuggets and a side order of powder. It mostly dissolves in cold water, next time I'll try dissolving it in a liter or so of hot water before diluting to volume.
hi! Right now we are aware of this issue with about 10% of the bags from our last production run for the Mega Crop 1 Part in 3lb (1.3kg) bag size. Its not exactly normal, it means extra moisture/humidity got in the bag likely before it was sealed, causing these types of "cat litter clumps." The nutrients are still there and available 100%, but it needs to be dissolved around 6-10hours in water before it is released and broken up. So its a bit of an inconvenience yes and unfortunate, but shouldn't be a big issue.

If its a severe case (some are worse than others) and you purchased it for full price we can send you out a replacement for no cost. If you got it from a free-promo we are just telling people to kind of deal with it now. Also we are going to make sure this doesn't happen again in our production facility (stricter control on sealing the bags asap and packaging during dry conditions), which will probably be in early 2024.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

hi! Right now we are aware of this issue with about 10% of the bags from our last production run for the Mega Crop 1 Part in 3lb (1.3kg) bag size. Its not exactly normal, it means extra moisture/humidity got in the bag likely before it was sealed, causing these types of "cat litter clumps." The nutrients are still there and available 100%, but it needs to be dissolved around 6-10hours in water before it is released and broken up. So its a bit of an inconvenience yes and unfortunate, but shouldn't be a big issue.

If its a severe case (some are worse than others) and you purchased it for full price we can send you out a replacement for no cost. If you got it from a free-promo we are just telling people to kind of deal with it now. Also we are going to make sure this doesn't happen again in our production facility (stricter control on sealing the bags asap and packaging during dry conditions), which will probably be in early 2024.
Damn, I'm just impressed a company rep replied to my Forum post. I was just looking for a general consensus, actual info from the manufacturer is even better. Even with the slower dissolution I'm liking what I'm seeing. I think I'll be exploring more Greenleaf Nutrients in the future, thank you.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Damn, I'm just impressed a company rep replied to my Forum post. I was just looking for a general consensus, actual info from the manufacturer is even better. Even with the slower dissolution I'm liking what I'm seeing. I think I'll be exploring more Greenleaf Nutrients in the future, thank you.
Thats real customer service at its best! Seems like a reputable company for sure!

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
when Logic pings, I reply 😜

Hopefully we will have our CalMag back in stock in early June, then we are planning to run some giveaways of that too once its here!

StaticEmmanuel

StaticEmmanuel

Mine had only little clumps here and there but all disappeared the water just fine, plants love it.
I started my fist hydroponics with an aero garden that I found in the trash 😅😂
I so happy I did it
I’m thinking on a herb wall now 🤣😅😂
Thanks mega crop

IMG 7488
IMG 7543
IMG 7544
IMG 7545
greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
Mine had only little clumps here and there but all disappeared the water just fine, plants love it.
I started my fist hydroponics with an aero garden that I found in the trash 😅😂
I so happy I did it
I’m thinking on a herb wall now 🤣😅😂
Thanks mega crop
very cool! nice aerogarden !

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I love this stuff, even with 1/3 of it in unusable rocks it's still a great amount of nutrient for the money, I now use it as the backbone of all my feedings, for coco and soil, veg and bloom.

However, this is what my third bag from Amazon looks like. It's not as dry as the other two and has a different smell - is this what would be considered a severe case?

20230923 080425
greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I love this stuff, even with 1/3 of it in unusable rocks it's still a great amount of nutrient for the money, I now use it as the backbone of all my feedings, for coco and soil, veg and bloom.
However, this is what my third bag looks like. It's not as dry as the other two and has a different smell - is this what would be considered a severe case?
hi, I will send you out a new bag. Can you DM me your order #?

The cause of this is known, during production on this batch in 2022, it was excessively humid and a lot of moisture got into the bags before we could seal them. So basically about 15% of the 3lb bags from this batch will have this type of clumping, some more severe than others. We are replacing for free if anyone gets one. It still works, but its hard to work with. The best bet is to just dissolve the rocks into water overnight, and then you will get a concentrated liquid, but it will be harder do dose. You could dose based off EC/PPM.

chuck88

chuck88

Never had big chunks but I would break it down with a hammer and send it through a coffee mill burr grinder !

I do that anyway, don't care for the little balls 😉

Auto's, day 62 from sprout with Mega Crop one part !

Day 62 The Girls side shot 23 Sept 2023

Cheers

Cheers

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
Is there any update to your Bud Explosion hitting Canadian shelves yet?
the update now is, Amazon lost around 1000 smaller units we had in Canada in July, and still can't find them. As for bigger sizes, we are starting to have those available, Part A 25lb already available, and 25lb BE/SC should be 1-2 days available.

LzBoy

LzBoy

the update now is, Amazon lost around 1000 smaller units we had in Canada in July, and still can't find them. As for bigger sizes, we are starting to have those available, Part A 25lb already available, and 25lb BE/SC should be 1-2 days available.
Probably being sold outa someone's truck in a back alley, I'll scour fb and cl... Maybe it will show up 🤔
The 25 pounder would last me a lifetime 🌱😜

Latest posts

Top Bottom