Megacrop - is this normal?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwampCat

SwampCat

I bought a big bag of mega crop 4 years ago and put it in two buckets and sealed them. Now one buck is dry powder and the other must have leaked moisture. I got brow sludge that smells...as a gardener... like heaven. My question...can I use the brown sludge?

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I bought a big bag of mega crop 4 years ago and put it in two buckets and sealed them. Now one buck is dry powder and the other must have leaked moisture. I got brow sludge that smells...as a gardener... like heaven. My question...can I use the brown sludge?
yes, you can use it :D Just be careful not to overdose on the feeding :D otherwise most of the nutrients should be perfectly fine still.

SwampCat

SwampCat

I figured as much.I'm putting a spoonful in a jar and shaking it up before adding it to my reservoir.Keeping it under 500 ppm and go up gradually...like i always do.This is good shit...

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

The best bet is to just dissolve the rocks into water overnight, and then you will get a concentrated liquid, but it will be harder do dose. You could dose based off EC/PPM.
This works great. I dissolve as much as I can in a gallon of hot water and filter. I add 100ml to a known quantity of water, check EC and calculate how much stock solution is needed for the desired EC. Once thats done, it takes less than a minute to measure the stock solution and add the required amount of pH Down, a quick stir and I'm good to go. It's actually faster than weighing out powder each time.

Also, I grow in coco and haven't needed ant extra CalMag since switching to Megacrop

Last edited:
SwampCat

SwampCat

Hell yeah I've had a mixture of MC and water for over a month and it's really stable. I just give it a little shake the only sediment is like what would be at the bottom of an ice tea.It smells like molasses and a tsp makes a gallon with EC of 800. I throw a cup in my res. and the PH is always btwn 5.8 and 6.3 with EC1- 1.5 been adding calcium nitrate during veg and i noticed the new newish 2 part of megacrop has for part B just straight up calcium nitrate..nice to know ...Ive also been adding humic acid and kelp blend for veg.i plan on using just Megacrop once i switch the lights. No more high phosphorous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom