• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
2.2g per gal
i just checked the instructions.

then i added a bunch more to the top layer.

my roots are looking nice now.

Oh damn. I guess 20 grams per gallon shouldn't be a bad thing for my plants lol. Thanks for lookin out bro!

altimood

altimood

Oh damn. I guess 20 grams per gallon shouldn't be a bad thing for my plants lol. Thanks for lookin out bro!

Yeah, I overdosed it the first time and there were no ill effects. The 2.2 does the trick however. I'm in coco in 3 gallon pots and use an 1/8 inch at the bottom of a beer cup as a gauge and it works. You guys are gonna be stoked on how good this stuff works...:sun Keep us posted!

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I'm still trying to find a good source for met 52. One in Colorado preferable, but of course not necessary. Anyone?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm still trying to find a good source for met 52. One in Colorado preferable, but of course not necessary. Anyone?

For real ? I posted thread with a place to buy it in Co:confused0054:Go to 2 page thread is titled "If you need MET 52"

darkpink

darkpink

went into the flower tent few days ago and one plant was wilted dead, others are looking defficient and some fan leaves are clawed. looking closer at the medium and i see some whitish shit ontop the coco like a crust or film some worse then others. i took the one pot that was dead and flushed the coco watching to see if that white shit might be bugs. Super tiny whitish, elongated specs come to the top of the water and move around like there swimming. some are bigger then others and are clearly bugs, still super tiny though, nothing ive ever seen. nothing is flyiing when flushing the pot, nothing on my sticky traps.

up untill now ive never had any serious bug problems, nothing out the ordinary. is this more common in coco? im still rather new to coco just a handfull of harvests, previously rdwc. never had a problem like this until i started using coco.

do i have root aphids, what should i do about this?

sick plant guide says:

Symphilids
Small pests that are tan to white colored and look like centipedes. They are very deadly to the plants, because they burrow down into the roots and damage them by feeding of them. Your plants leaves will begin to die off. They are found mostly in soil composites that have not been cleaned, like soil that has additives in them such as animal manure.
(I know it will smell funny but sterilizing the soil in the oven for 30 min can kill any pests in the soil, heat to 350 for 30 min.) They are easy to tell if you have them, because they come to the top soil when your plant is being watered, if you find you do have them, use Fungus Gnat Killer (“B.T." a non chemical,biological control) in the powdered form. One application should kill it, just to be safe repeat every 7 days to kill off the larvae. Tobacco juice kills them as well! And nematodes.

are symphilids root aphids?

i need some met 52 please help

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
For real ? I posted thread with a place to buy it in Co:confused0054:Go to 2 page thread is titled "If you need MET 52"

Right on, thank you. Hadn't seen it. Altimood hooked me up. Thanks all!

altimood

altimood

ROOT APHID COMMANDOS UNITED:fighting0003::fighting0003::fighting0003:

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
ROOT APHID COMMANDOS UNITED:fighting0003::fighting0003::fighting0003:

Lol, right on brother! Let's erradicate these little bastards.
:fighting0003::party0044::punch

green punk

green punk

repost from CO Forum

Does the Met52 colonize the whole container?
What do the root masses look like after harvest?
Could/can you take a chunk of Met 52 inoculated medium that s from a past grow and pot it up and inoculate new pot?

Is it dangerous to breath when cleaning pots, removing old root mass that have been inoculated?

dankworth

dankworth

Hey all, I have found another solution to biological control of root aphids. Or maybe the same strain of bacteria but much cheaper, and an easier application in some ways.
Capulator(on this site) has put together a herd of bennies that I put a pinch of in a tea I brew, and then add to the res at about a 1/10 ratio, and water into my coco/perlite mix, and it is providing awesome control.
'Interested in real spores without the "fluff"' is the name of the thread. The link to purchase the product on ebay is on page 12. It is the foliar pack that colonizes and kills root aphids and fungus gnats. I use this product personally with great success. And it is cheap. And you can water it in. I watch them die in a couple of hours in a dish of runoff. It is a rewarding way to spend your time.
Now MET52 is cool, but it doesn't get watered in. It needs to be mixed in with the media upon transplant. I think it might colonize the entire media if used at a high enough application rate. But the dead root aphids, if in 90% or higher rh(like in the medium) will be all infested and project spores out to a certain radius, being like little biological booby traps. You can rinse out fuzzy colonized RAs when you check big enough runoff dishes. They are social, they congregate, especially around the walls of the container. So the new ones encounter the infested corpses.
Let's not forget that this is bacteria. 50 ppm of P starts discouraging bacterial growth from some info that Capulator referenced. Jalisco Kid was told by some expert that 60 ppm of P was the cutoff for the beginning of ill health for the bacteria. I run CNS-17 3-1-2 ratio for coco at about 1500 ppms right now, therefore my P is riding right at 89 ppm. I still have control. But with my high ppms, and flowering will be @ 2-2-3 ratio, P will be like 200ppms or more very soon. And that is before the hammerhead/MOAB combo for the last two weeks of feeding where P will be even higher. This may, for example, discourage the effectiveness of MET52 in the medium. But people seem to be controlling effectively w/MET52 mixed into the medium throughout the flowering. In theory a chunk of medium w/MET52 could be reused after the flush in another container, and keep working. But I wonder if the high P at the end of flowering could screw things up for the MET52. Who knows.
Some of you have a lot riding on things. This product got me back on track in less than a week. And Capulator breaks this off to people from the farm for a smidgen above cost. So more bang for your buck I believe than MET52.

altimood

altimood

Met 52 in liquid form is being tested for market use right now.:party0044:That will increase its effective use range. I still say its #1 after losing thousands of dollars and experimenting with all of the recommended remedies. However I would love to hear more about capulator's beneficial's. I shall read on it...The more proven remedies the BETTER

O

oldschooltofu

i am using met 52 and i still have them. is 2-3g per gal not enough
i think i should have overdosed them in this grow.
still in veg, ready to flip anyday now but want these fuckers gone.

already added about 2-3 more grams to the topsoil.
the roots are white and healthy looking so i dont think they are too bad right now, but i am seeing defficencies in the leaves.

would love to do a soil drench with the liquid.
gonna either do a mighty wash drench or liquid pyrethums tonight. havent decided yet.
and add more met 53 to around the sides of the container and at the bottom...thinking i dont have enough coverage.

E

ECOutlaw

^^^ Really! I just planted 8 lights with 2gramsMET/gallon or around 100 grams/bail of sunshine #4... I hope that was enough. That is very disappointing to hear!

dankworth

dankworth

So I am a dumbass, and high, and I will correct myself before anyone has to.
Beauveria Bassiana(kills the root aphids, in Cap's foliar pack) is a fungus, NOT a form of bacteria. So what I said about high P discouraging growth does not apply.
Give it a shot. I was going to wait for the company that makes MET52 to come out with the liquid form. I was glad I did not. RAs would still be chewing on my roots, my ladies would still be sad and stalled.
Dude it's really cheap. It controls my RA problem. It is a superior alternative to waiting for that one product to come down the pipeline.
Props to Capulator for putting this together.

Interested in real spores without the "fluff" thread page 12, 5th post has the link.
Don't be the last one to order this. Your friends will openly mock your RA problem as they get back on track. That's what I do to my friends anyway. That's what a real friend would do lol.

O

oldschooltofu

^^^ Really! I just planted 8 lights with 2gramsMET/gallon or around 100 grams/bail of sunshine #4... I hope that was enough. That is very disappointing to hear!

i would have doubled or trippled it.

my party cups with rooted clones and seedlings have about 2g per cup.
i have yet to check the roots as they are not rootbound enough to pull them out and look.

my 2 in veg (5 gal pots) are gonna get pulled out and roots checked tonight, if i see any white wax,, gonna put a few grains there. and do a mighty wash, as i know it kills them, but getting a complete drench is almost impossible in 5gal pots.

G

growgrow

since this product is mixed into a medium and is a fungus.... what can you use in a sterile hydroponic system?

Top Bottom