Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ECOutlaw

Ya that stuff really doesn't work very well from my experience. Only choice you have if you want to press on is to try pesticides with different modes of action to try to disrupt there breeding cycle so you can get a decent harvest. Kontos(tetramic acid), Merit75(neonicotinoid), Spectracide w/Triazicide(synthetic pyrethroid), and Orthene/Acephate(organophosphate). Be careful with the orthene it will kill your plants.

If I had to deal with aphids again I would just take clones from my healthiest moms kill everything and move those clones somewhere far away from my livelyhood. At that remote location I would do my best to keep them healthy as possible (don't hit them to hard with pesticides) and just clone/kill and disinfect that area till you think they are aphid free. Much easier to manage small plants with aphids then a full on clone/mother production facility.

Start from seed or better yet clones from another grow where you can literally see that the moms have no bugs (think broad/cyclamen and rust mites after a bad root aphid run...).

I know I'd be much happier had I done that 9 months ago when I noticed the first snowflake on my dirt.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

OK after a few weeks the Met seems to have eliminated all the RAs. BUT... now the fungus gnats I had are now going absolutely apeshit over the rotting rice grains in the coco. I mean the larvae are totally clustering on the lumps of rotted rice like crazy...this stuff is like pizza n beer to fungus gnat larvae! And the Met does nothing to them. BE WARNED!

K

krazay

Nematodes work for me, you can put them in your res and water as normal with them (remove the screen filter though) they will actually eat the eggs and larvae and stop the breeding cycle.

more info at

C

cofi

Ok I have been using met 52 for roughly 2 1/2 weeks now. I wanted to share my impressions.... first a little background, I have a massively infested grow right now. Yields went from 2 to 2 1/2# per 1000w light, to 11 oz to maybe a pound. It is also all terrible looking, larfy as shit. I have had to use gravity recently, and i hate that shit. I went from having 3 gallon smart pots just busting out with roots to having to run one gallons that have no roots coming out and are almost solid white from that waxy build up on the outside.

So I started a little quarantine tent, I took new clones in rapid rooters waited for them to pop then applied 5 grams o9f met on their first transplant into 4" pots, that was almost 3 weeks ago. Here is what I have observed so far; I'm in coco on ebb and flow tables...

1. there are no snowflakes (waxy buildup) on top of the medium, none
2. the roots that i can see poking out of the bottom of the pots seem to be white and healthy
3. i have observed a FEW RA in the larvae stage on top of the pots
4. there are a tremendous amount of flyers present; however, they are not following normal RA flyer behavior, they are acting like fungus gnats i.e. staying low not flying up at the lights

Ok so what does that tell me? I have seen flyers when a plant gets really bad, this is usually precluded by a ton of waxy build up, basically tons of those little larvae on the surface. The plant will start to wilt and die, and when the plant cannot support the colony, they send out the motherships to go mess with the other plants in the grow.

Well, in this case there is none of that happening. The plants seem healthy enough as do the roots. My early theory (and some wishful thinking here if im honest) is that the RA colony can sense that the medium is toxic to them, and is trying to abandon ship. However, maybe the flyers are being affected by the met and are not able to fly like normal and are hopefully being consumed by fungus

Do you guys have any thoughts? Obviously, at 2 and 1/2 weeks its WAY to early to tell but ill take what I can get :)

N

NorCalGrower

Hey can someone please PM me as to where I can get this Met 52!!! Please and thank you!!!
I need rid of these ruthless fuckers!!

B

Botanerd

Hi brother farmers,
I have a bad RA infestation problem, got it from infested soil from Miracle Gro Organic or maybe from Scotts. I've been reading through a bunch of forums. After many hours on the web, I managed to ID the enemy, decided to go organic, tried the nematodes Heterorhabditids bacteriophora - for no result whatsoever! These mfckrs lived happily after treatments and my poor plants are still alive but look very, very sad. I am so glad I found the Met 52 solution to the problem here, but I absolutely cannot cough up $600.00 for the package. Eyecandy, Altimood, I cannot pm you guys yet. I wonder if you or somebody else out there has a big container of Met 52, I would happily buy a small package of it if you have extra. I probably need only a half-a-pound of that green rice. Please pm me, I need the Met 52 ASAP.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Hi brother farmers,
I have a bad RA infestation problem, got it from infested soil from Miracle Gro Organic or maybe from Scotts. I've been reading through a bunch of forums. After many hours on the web, I managed to ID the enemy, decided to go organic, tried the nematodes Heterorhabditids bacteriophora - for no result whatsoever! These mfckrs lived happily after treatments and my poor plants are still alive but look very, very sad. I am so glad I found the Met 52 solution to the problem here, but I absolutely cannot cough up $600.00 for the package. Eyecandy, Altimood, I cannot pm you guys yet. I wonder if you or somebody else out there has a big container of Met 52, I would happily buy a small package of it if you have extra. I probably need only a half-a-pound of that green rice. Please pm me, I need the Met 52 ASAP.

Get yourself some merit75 from amazon and call it good. I've been through it all and have used it all including met52. Hate to say it but your best bet is the merit75.

NebulasINbloom

NebulasINbloom

Here's how it goes for me:
IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4497.jpg

Met 52 in granular form. Then it goes into my clones, maybe 2-3 grains.
IMG_4509.JPG

Then into a cup with maybe 10 grains:
IMG_4508.JPG

I always see healthy roots with Met 52:
IMG_4510.JPG

Sometimes from clone into a 3 gallon pot with 6-7 grams which is shown above in green beer cup. Just covering the bottom of the cup- not a lot of product.

Then the flowering room:
IMG_4498.JPG

This tray has root aphids showing on buds after they fly out of the root zone, affected by Met 52 fungus:
IMG_45051.JPG

Lower right of top bud you see 2-3 flyers.
Under magnification they look like this:
Photo_on_2011-11-03_at_11_35.jpg

The plants make it to the end now every time.
IMG_4452.JPG

Grandaddy haze with Met 52.
IMG_4459.JPG

Grandoggy purple with Met 52
IMG_4446.JPG

No problems with root aphids. They just can't handle the Met. And I don't stress anymore. This stuff is the real deal. Try some yourself and you be the judge. Pm me anytime for the contact information.

What's your Emperor Kush crossed with? I have a cross of it with White Fire OG and can't find ANYTHING on it.

Peace
Neb

NebulasINbloom

NebulasINbloom

Get yourself some merit75 from amazon and call it good. I've been through it all and have used it all including met52. Hate to say it but your best bet is the merit75.

Me too. I use systemics as preventative. Haven't had a bug in a year. I've been testing different soils left and right. 3 different coco mixes, and I know they have bugs here and there.

Mallet for RA 30 days systemic
Floramite and Avid for mites 30 days systemic
Eagle 20 for PM 45 days systemic

Treat my mothers, and treat everything day of flip to flower or soon after.

Game over.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Any suggestions by you guys for a room wash? Ie: to sterilize and clean your room after you pull down from infestations. Bleach washes, diluted systemics? what do you guys use when you needed to or to just treat your space as a preventative measure.

PnL

E

ECOutlaw

I like to use quarternary ammonium salts like physan 20 or greenshield rx.

NebulasINbloom

NebulasINbloom

H2O2... Systemics usually have a 30 to 45 day half life. By the time you're ready to clean your room you shouldn't have to worry about systemics.

thehappygardener

thehappygardener

Hey can someone please PM me as to where I can get this Met 52!!! Please and thank you!!!
I need rid of these ruthless fuckers!!
I made contact with this lady in colorado who has lots of Met52. She ships anywhere. $90.00 for a 2.2lb bag and $580.00 for a 22lb. She also has the liquid version! call 303.968.7033...........good luck brotha!

thehappygardener

thehappygardener

Cofi, good work with your controlled experiment! Keep us updated. I have been using Met for a while now and it works. Most people that have said it doesnt work are probably using it incorrectly. Here are some basic tips on how to use the products.
* apply met from the beginning (tranplanting Clones)
* only need 2 grams per gallon if only a preventive, if you have RA's in your grden already then double the rate**ive seen someone triple the rate for a severe infestation
*after mixing it evenly into your media, i like putting a thin layer over the top to get those fuckers trying to come in and out
* always treat for the fliers using Met liquid or a pyrethium bomb or they will come back everytime
*met is a live fungus so you should ck water for chlorine or nutes for anything that might kill the fungus ie. H202
*toss away any old mothers
*consider switching over from rockwool or hydroton to coco for a few months until RA's are gone
*met works best with soil and coco
*treat everything****GOOD LUCK***********

C

cofi

ok many months later.....there back not as bad as before but there are still RA present im still getting nice white roots so really thats all that matters.......i also now have a persistant fungas gnat(not RA flyer) problem....my guess is there eating the met which is annoying

i still recommend it where the hell can i get the met spray?

Latest posts

Top Bottom