Metal Halide Vs. High-pressure Sodium: An Age-old Question For Cannabis Growers

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

Here's a 14 day veggd ghost og x urkle under only hps running at 600 watts instead of 100.

IMG 20150721 141158916

Lots of tight nodes. A super bushy girl. Looks no different than what my MH would do at 1000watts.

To each his own but personally I'm no.longer buying two sets of bulbs and going thru the hassle of swapping em out for flowering .

Bones69

Bones69

Here's a 14 day veggd ghost og x urkle under only hps running at 600 watts instead of 100.

View attachment 524306

Lots of tight nodes. A super bushy girl. Looks no different than what my MH would do at 1000watts.

To each his own but personally I'm no.longer buying two sets of bulbs and going thru the hassle of swapping em out for flowering .
What type of hps bulb are you using?

RareLoudness

RareLoudness

Seem too me that what lamp one would use to veg or flower their plants with depends on the method one is growing.

If you where looking to have shorter more compact plants you would leverage your mh lamps more. Vice versa if you where looking to top and lollipop, the hps would be the way to go. Imho.

I use hps throw out because it fits my style. I also use it for my mom's. It makes shoots faster and more uniform. This is a good thing when cutting higher volume clones. You want some internode spacing.

RareLoudness

RareLoudness

One thing I've been hearing around the water cooler in that using 10k mh in the last week of flower could raise thc levels. Higher thc is something most of us are looking for.

It seems that uva/uvb makes the plant produce more thc that acts as a kinda Sun screen.

I guess some guys "claim" 5% raise in thc and even more in some claims.

Worth taking a look at if you ask me.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
One thing I've been hearing around the water cooler in that using 10k mh in the last week of flower could raise thc levels. Higher thc is something most of us are looking for.

It seems that uva/uvb makes the plant produce more thc that acts as a kinda Sun screen.

I guess some guys "claim" 5% raise in thc and even more in some claims.

Worth taking a look at if you ask me.
Uvb or 14000k does a better job

scubascrog

scubascrog

how's this for node spacing..... lol
how much stretch do you think I'm gonna deal with?
I have at least 1 node per inch on the back left purple kush. currently 14 inches tall
P1030100

RareLoudness

RareLoudness

@GT21 Like I said I am just starting to read up on it.

Some people are even using aquarium lamps. But for me that seems like a pain to run a whole other lighting system. The mh lamp with the most uva/uvb in it would be the beat choice.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21 Like I said I am just starting to read up on it.

Some people are even using aquarium lamps. But for me that seems like a pain to run a whole other lighting system. The mh lamp with the most uva/uvb in it would be the beat choice.
Its hard to get true uvb nanaometers in an hid bulb.... check out the advanced gardening if you havent already. ... lots of info in that uv thread.

>>>>> https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ncreases-medical-marijuana-potency-3-5.70648/

hamphealth

hamphealth

I have a 5X5 grow tent with limited canopy space and good ventilation.

What kind of light would be the best to flower under?

Top Bottom