Methyl Dihydrojasmonate - Application Methods

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Anyone played around with watering this in? Seems it is most effective used in mid and late flower, but I'm not into foliar feeding past week 2-3 flower.

In the past I have used this as foliar at 1 ML per quart on accident (instead of .1 ML per quart) with no burn or negative issues.

Anyone have any advice on watering this in?

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

Anyone played around with watering this in? Seems it is most effective used in mid and late flower, but I'm not into foliar feeding past week 2-3 flower.

In the past I have used this as foliar at 1 ML per quart on accident (instead of .1 ML per quart) with no burn or negative issues.

Anyone have any advice on watering this in?

I can't comment on watering it in but if I recall correctly it will kick start a plant's herbivore defense. I believe it does this via its immune system thereby increasing the amount of "unpalatable" resin as a defense.

I am interested in your results and how many PPM's you will be feeding them. Please keep me posted as I have used Jaz Rose Spray (which contains an analog of MeJA called methyl di-hydrojasmonate or MDHJ) in foliar applications with great success.

Please let keep us updated on your progress! I'd love to see your results with it!

-GG

john martin

john martin

@GanjaGod, do you know the strength of the 'Jaz Plant Strengthener'?

I'm thinking worse case I could water it in once at 1 ML a gallon and test it on a plant or two.

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

Glad to see someone else playing with the safe PGR's out there!!

I do two foliar applications. Both are at 50 PPM (on .5EC scale) and done in the beginning of the 5th week and 7th week. I noticed that the plants do react positively, increasing the amount of visible trichromes within 4 to 5 days post application. The buds seem to shift their energy towards immune system defense rather than bud growth, so expect bud swelling and growth to decrease for a week after you apply. I use a microfog sprayer device to apply my foliar mixes so as not to waterlog the buds and increase my chances for mold.

Where did you get the pure MeJA btw? I've been wanting to play with it myself after having experienced results with Jaz Rose spray.

-GG

john martin

john martin

Someone posted it in one of the threads on these forums:

john martin

john martin

No effect of taste, joints burn clean? I try not to spray after week 2-3 flower

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

Others who've tried foilar applications of MeJA before me reported an increase in α-limonine within the terpene profile of familiar and previously flowered clones of the same strains. After 4 runs with JAZ rose spray I would tend to agree with this when the strain receiving the application already had a terpene profile rich in α-limonine to begin with. If you're asking about potential residue that could be left behind and contaminate the buds, then I'd say I have not noticed any negative effects at 50ppm. There's typically more than that many ppms in regular tap water anyways. The amounts are so tiny and MeJA is so non-toxic that I believe this to be well worth the risk.

I typically foliar with this micro fogger up until the 8th week. 30ml/gal BioAG Ful-Power fulvic acid. They absolutely love it and I've found that this also helps with resin production.
-GG

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

Yes. I've found that the dry and cure along with a proper flush is the crucial factor in attaining a clean white ash burn.

-GG

john martin

john martin

That MicroFog Atomizer looks really cool, thanks for sharing! Just began playing with Ful-Power, really liking it so far!

MicroFog looks like it would be cool to set in the middle of a veg room under the canopy hooked up to a 24+ gallon tank... maybe even a diluted tea?

"Consumes 1 GPH"

The air compressor could even be hooked up to a humidity sensor to maintain set humidy in dry winter months...

.25-1 ML / gallon Ful-Power or even less might be interesting...

Last edited:
GanjaGod

GanjaGod

That MicroFog Atomizer looks really cool, thanks for sharing! Just began playing with Ful-Power, really liking it so far!

MicroFog looks like it would be cool to set in the middle of a veg room under the canopy hooked up to a 24+ gallon tank... maybe even a diluted tea?

"Consumes 1 GPH"

The air compressor could even be hooked up to a humidity sensor to maintain set humidy in dry winter months...

.25-1 ML / gallon Ful-Power or even less might be interesting...

Thanks JM!

The micro fogger would work great as a quick fix to humidity issues. The only problem I see with that is the compressor being on the entire time it is operating. I'm sure it would work if you had a big enough compressor but still, its going to get pretty hot running for extended periods of time.

The advantage of having the micro-fogger is you're able to spray the plants all the time.. as much and as often as I want. Never get burning or mold, I also add Protek, which is a silica additive and contributes to the low PH of my foliar application. I suspect this low PH also helps keep powdery mildew at bay.

Hope you get a chance to use the fogger! I created a wand for it which facilitates the whole foliar application process. Let me know if you get one and I'll share my schematics for creating the wand! :P

-GG

Mr.X

Mr.X

Never used in foliar applications, but thats the active compound in snow storm ultra. Definitely effective in increasing terpene production and resin. I think you should mix only enough for the single application at a time because its a highly volatile substance. I dont dare apply anything foliar that late into bloom but i look forward to hearing your results. Keep up the good work and keep us informed on your progress and results. Best of luck !

john martin

john martin

The only problem I see with that is the compressor being on the entire time it is operating. I'm sure it would work if you had a big enough compressor but still, its going to get pretty hot running for extended periods of time.
Hope you get a chance to use the fogger! I created a wand for it which facilitates the whole foliar application process. Let me know if you get one and I'll share my schematics for creating the wand! :p

-GG

I'm wondering if it wouldn't take very long to up the humidity, and the compressor itself could be on a humidity sensor...
Will do, that sounds awesome!

...thats the active compound in snow storm ultra...
...I dont dare apply anything foliar that late into bloom but i look forward to hearing your results.

Didn't know that SS Ultra contained fulvic! I knew Triacontanol was in there, and I've been using SS Ultra heavily and loving it!

I won't be doing any foliar past week 3-4. Going to do this as a run-off soil flush!

john martin

john martin

I noticed flushing with Ful-Power at 50 ML gallon, that the PPM leach out of the soil very, very quickly. Running 1 gallon of it throug a 1 gallon soil container resulted in leaching out about 1500 PPM and left about 800 in the soil. I imagine a lot of this wasn't broken down before interacting with the Fulvic, so I'm going to start using it maybe every other week at low rates and keep track of PPM.

I think at the very end, the last flushes, I'm going to start with Herc. flush to flush out excess salts and re-balance PH. Playing with Ful-Power I realized it tends to raise soil PH a bit, so following with Ful-Power after doing a Herc. flush would hopefully maintain a better PH. I think the Ful-Power flush will break down the salts the Herc. tied up, as well as wash away any excess. Then following with the Herc. flush again at the very end would make any excess salts either flush out or not available to the plant.

I'm just trying to figure the best order to do this in. Maybe the first Herc. flush and first Fulvic flush should be with minimum run-off, and then follow up with one of each again with heavy run-off, then do the final week with RO water...

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

I wouldn't use Fulvic in the medium since humic acid is great for that and the fulvic will no doubt create PH issues.

I flush with 0ppm water and drip clean by H&G. Works great every time!

-GG

john martin

john martin

The Herc. flushes would keep the PH in range. I'm thinking it might be good to avoid fulvic during flush, because it contains some foods and is more thick.

I'll know how this works in few weeks :)

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Thanks JM!

The micro fogger would work great as a quick fix to humidity issues. The only problem I see with that is the compressor being on the entire time it is operating. I'm sure it would work if you had a big enough compressor but still, its going to get pretty hot running for extended periods of time.

The advantage of having the micro-fogger is you're able to spray the plants all the time.. as much and as often as I want. Never get burning or mold, I also add Protek, which is a silica additive and contributes to the low PH of my foliar application. I suspect this low PH also helps keep powdery mildew at bay.

Hope you get a chance to use the fogger! I created a wand for it which facilitates the whole foliar application process. Let me know if you get one and I'll share my schematics for creating the wand! :p

-GG
i also use protekt but it makes my water cloudy when i add it to water i have out in the mountains at a couple of my guerilla plots. i do not add nutes and it still goes cloudy so i think something is in that water bc it does not go cloudy when i fill my gallon jug up from here. so i will just use it for foliar from here on out,but i just picked up a new product from Bioag its humic and silica powder which should be awesome since its from Bioag. Do u do ur flush with ful-power as well? ive been reading alot about using it with water for the flush.

Edit: i just read post#16 and see u dont use fulvic for flush. do u think watering with ful-power into the media will cause issues? so u only use ful-humic for watering in? i got ful-power,ful-humic,cytoplus and the new product from bioag now

john martin

john martin

@Kygiacomo , maybe the water in the mountains has higher natural PPM and something in it is binding with the Silica? I know they say to add the Silica first to prevent this... maybe it is just a visual thing and not negative, but I'm wondering if maybe you added the Silica (in high concentration) to a gallon of RO water first, then mixed the RO water in the mountain water.....

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

i also use protekt but it makes my water cloudy when i add it to water i have out in the mountains at a couple of my guerilla plots. i do not add nutes and it still goes cloudy so i think something is in that water bc it does not go cloudy when i fill my gallon jug up from here. so i will just use it for foliar from here on out,but i just picked up a new product from Bioag its humic and silica powder which should be awesome since its from Bioag. Do u do ur flush with ful-power as well? ive been reading alot about using it with water for the flush.

Edit: i just read post#16 and see u dont use fulvic for flush. do u think watering with ful-power into the media will cause issues? so u only use ful-humic for watering in? i got ful-power,ful-humic,cytoplus and the new product from bioag now

Hi Kygiacomo!

The cloudiness you are experiencing is due to flocculation. This tends to happen when there are salts already present in the water you're working with. It's usually not a big deal so don't look at it as a deterrent to using Protekt.

Fulvic is a chelator -which simply means it allows nutrients to become more mobile, that is why using it via foliar works so well.. the plant is able to better utilize the nutrients it already has access to. In terms of using it in the soil, I just don't see the point. Humic acid on the other hand, should be used at every transplant. A great product to consider is the VAM-endo mix which contains mycorrhizae and humics. Watering in humic acid also helps, but don't overdo it as the plants can be negatively affected by too much!

-GG

Top Bottom