Methyl Dihydrojasmonate - Application Methods

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

@Kygiacomo , maybe the water in the mountains has higher natural PPM and something in it is binding with the Silica? I know they say to add the Silica first to prevent this... maybe it is just a visual thing and not negative, but I'm wondering if maybe you added the Silica (in high concentration) to a gallon of RO water first, then mixed the RO water in the mountain water.....
i use 2.5ml of protekt to 1 gallon of water and as soon as i put it in there it goes cloudy. so i wanted to test this further so i got some tap water and tried it and all clear. i also went to my moms and dads house and filled up a gallon from their well water and it was all clear. Its something to do with the water im sure but if it goes cloudy does it lose its effectivness? im just gonna folair with what i got left i suppose and get thur this year here and i will switch to living soil. my plants that are in living soil has 2-3 times thicker stems then my plants that im feeding with things like maxi gro and veg+bloom. i also just picked up 9lb of basalt rock dust and 8 lb of oyster shell flour. i figured the basalt will be a good addition bc it has silica in it and i will be re using these plots so the minerals will be good for next year i figure. here is a plant of mine that looks like its a PH issue at one my plots and i think its due to the water so hopefully the oyster shell flour will keep the Ph in range to get all the nutes. i initally thought at first that it was a calcium or boron issue so i foliar feed it dyna gro foliage pro 2 days ago and want to see if that helped. here is the pics its only on the bottom 4 leaves..so what u think?

Herbei deficeny
2nd of damage leaf
Heribei
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Hi Kygiacomo!

The cloudiness you are experiencing is due to flocculation. This tends to happen when there are salts already present in the water you're working with. It's usually not a big deal so don't look at it as a deterrent to using Protekt.

Fulvic is a chelator -which simply means it allows nutrients to become more mobile, that is why using it via foliar works so well.. the plant is able to better utilize the nutrients it already has access to. In terms of using it in the soil, I just don't see the point. Humic acid on the other hand, should be used at every transplant. A great product to consider is the VAM-endo mix which contains mycorrhizae and humics. Watering in humic acid also helps, but don't overdo it as the plants can be negatively affected by too much!

-GG
thanks for the knowledge brother! i only use it 2 times a week on the ful-humic. i am almost out my free sample pack from bioag of the ful-humic so i ordered their humic and silica powder so i figured i would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. i only use the ful-power 1 time a week right now as well. i mix it with neptune harvest liq seaweed,B-52 and insect frass...even if the proteke goes cloudy im still getting the silica benefits? i think i will switch to Armour Si once im out of protekt bc it has higher silica content and costs about the same for 1 quart.

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

thanks for the knowledge brother! i only use it 2 times a week on the ful-humic. i am almost out my free sample pack from bioag of the ful-humic so i ordered their humic and silica powder so i figured i would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. i only use the ful-power 1 time a week right now as well. i mix it with neptune harvest liq seaweed,B-52 and insect frass...even if the proteke goes cloudy im still getting the silica benefits? i think i will switch to Armour Si once im out of protekt bc it has higher silica content and costs about the same for 1 quart.

Try Aptus Fasilitor if you get the chance. A little pricey but works VERY well. Even though you see a little flocculation with the Protetk, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

In terms of your outdoor plants. If the bottom leaves keep getting spotted up and you notice the problem creeping upwards to the top growth, then definitely take a soil PH test. Dynagro Foliage Pro is awesome! I use it often and recommend it to others as well, has a great NPK ratio for cannabis.

-GG

GanjaGod

GanjaGod

+1 on Fasilitor

In the process of checking out Mill's 'Vitalize', which I read somewhere here is formulated from the original recipe and basically the same as Fasilitor for cheaper!

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to research it now :)

@john martin Btw bro.. combine MeJA with GA3 and WOW!!! As far as strategies for increasing resin and extracting oil from your plants... there is no better. Ugly, foxtailed buds BUT.. tons of trichs.

-GG

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Try Aptus Fasilitor if you get the chance. A little pricey but works VERY well. Even though you see a little flocculation with the Protetk, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

In terms of your outdoor plants. If the bottom leaves keep getting spotted up and you notice the problem creeping upwards to the top growth, then definitely take a soil PH test. Dynagro Foliage Pro is awesome! I use it often and recommend it to others as well, has a great NPK ratio for cannabis.

-GG
i might try it after harvest this year but damn its so friggin costly i could buy enuff living soil to plant at least 5 plants for the price of 1 liter lol i'll wait and see how much loot i make this year though first

john martin

john martin

@GanjaGod , I read a tiny bit about people using it, but didn't see any definitive answers on application rates.

Any way to use it without the crazy foxtailing?

Top Bottom