Mh/hps vs Led

• Thread starter LouieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
todoriri

todoriri

There is this new one, started their preorder - MIGRO ARAY 240W IIII bar light.
EU company using Chinese parts, I guess. Will be shipping to US for a flat fee.
They are new, claim high efficiency and are also modular in case you need to easily upgrade the output.

"System Efficiency (usable PPF): 2.3 – 2.42 µmols/m2/sec/watt"

IMG 0855 3
Last edited:
Porky1982

Porky1982

Hi ive just joined and i like the tone of this place. Its good to see a forum that is not over moderated and some decent discussion.
Ive been growing on and off for 21 years. Ive seen lots of these threads on different forums.
Ive got a 2.4mx1.2m tent with 3 260w HLG Rspec. Ive had this setup for 18 months. I did lots of research before i bought my set up and am very happy with it.
Ill just come out and say it HPS is old inferior technologie and anyone who would consider buying it these days over decent white light leds is a fool. Some pics of the last 18 months to prove im not a shit talker.
Ill get a grow diary goin too.

20200417 085907
20200417 212956
20200417 205800
20200627 082448
20200417 085855
20200416 212558
20200416 212622
20200407 214717
20200228 205009
20200418 214353
Porky1982

Porky1982

Rough yield from that size space?
Best ive done is 1382g with a 7 week veg. Worked out to be 1.77gpw.
Still getting it dialed in as this grow that i just started a diary for is my 4th. This one won't go those numbers because its the middle of winter here and ive only got 7 plants instead of 8.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi ive just joined and i like the tone of this place. Its good to see a forum that is not over moderated and some decent discussion.
Ive been growing on and off for 21 years. Ive seen lots of these threads on different forums.
Ive got a 2.4mx1.2m tent with 3 260w HLG Rspec. Ive had this setup for 18 months. I did lots of research before i bought my set up and am very happy with it.
Ill just come out and say it HPS is old inferior technologie and anyone who would consider buying it these days over decent white light leds is a fool. Some pics of the last 18 months to prove im not a shit talker.
Ill get a grow diary goin too.

Nice work!

Hps may be less efficient tech but you are only about half a gram per watt higher in yield than my average for 3x the cost. And i still havent seen bigger better buds from any led grow.

I have a long diary to back up what im saying rather than clog this thread up with horrible hps grown weed. ;-)

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

I just started reading this thread, what's up everyone.
Hid vs LEDs has been my question for the last few years, as an old head, the tech wasnt around for LEDs to even compete 10 years ago but not true today. Still, other than seeing other people use them I havent grown with anything other than HPS.
For my upcoming grow I've been concentrating my efforts on efficiency. Dumped the buckets and got a 4x4 table, since the outer diameter of the table is 4x4 I was forced to pick up a 5x5 tent and I plan on using this led bar system and I'll also be introducing co2 for the first time.
I'll keep everyone posted , I plan to make a very detailed journal.
When I got this light I wanted something that would spread better than a panel/board and the gavita is highly over priced. I feel they're charging just because of the name.
20200608 193608
20200608 193549
20200608 194630

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Does anyone know of a thread with information on co2, I guess my biggest challenge is figuring out how to balance an exchange of fresh air when you're trying to keep the space as enriched as possible

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Does anyone know of a thread with information on co2, I guess my biggest challenge is figuring out how to balance an exchange of fresh air when you're trying to keep the space as enriched as possible
@Aquaman

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What type of CO2 are you running? Burner? Bottled?

Porky1982

Porky1982

Nice work!

Hps may be less efficient tech but you are only about half a gram per watt higher in yield than my average for 3x the cost. And i still havent seen bigger better buds from any led grow.

I have a long diary to back up what im saying rather than clog this thread up with horrible hps grown weed. ;-)
Half a gram per watt is a huge difference. So your best is 1.25gpw??

Porky1982

Porky1982

Nice work!

I think the op wants open discussion about lights on this thread. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

What type of CO2 are you running? Burner? Bottled?
Bottled, I have the tank, regulator and the controller/meter will be in on Thursday. It's a 50lb bottle and the only thing I knew about controllers was to get one with a digital display and a photo cell so it knows when the lights are off

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With bottled I don't feel like you need to vent. If you want to it won't hurt to vent at night and that's plenty

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Bottled, I have the tank, regulator and the controller/meter will be in on Thursday. It's a 50lb bottle and the only thing I knew about controllers was to get one with a digital display and a photo cell so it knows when the lights are off
So let's say temp is no issue, tent closed and highest the temp gets is 78 degrees. Is introducing fresh neccessary when the air is enriched or does the air go stale or "bad"? I hate sound like a dummy but I just dont know

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

I find at 1200ppm leaf temps of about 80-82f to work well. So tent temps of 84 ish work well for me in veg.
Ok cool, I think you're right. I also have to consider the fact that the plants are taking in co2 and exchanging it with fresh air

growsince79

growsince79

So let's say temp is no issue, tent closed and highest the temp gets is 78 degrees. Is introducing fresh neccessary when the air is enriched or does the air go stale or "bad"? I hate sound like a dummy but I just dont know
Let's say you have a 4x4 that drinks 3 gal a day. You have to get that water out of the air either with a dehumidifier or exhaust. What are you going to use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom