Mh/hps vs Led

• Thread starter LouieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Imo everything is headed to LED. LET ME BE CLEAR.... LED IS NOT LED... Some are garbage and some are imo more capable than HID.

Not saying im one but the guitar amp industry still makes vacuum tubes and tube amps for the purist. (I do love me a tube amp)

The purists insist tubes are better although amp modeling has become pretty incredible.

Im guessing that hid will still be around a long time too. And i hope the inflated bulb prices lately are the result of flu not the new permanent prices.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not saying im one but the guitar amp industry still makes vacuum tubes and tube amps for the purist. (I do love me a tube amp)

The purists insist tubes are better although amp modeling has become pretty incredible.

Im guessing that hid will still be around a long time too. And i hope the inflated bulb prices lately are the result of flu not the new permanent prices.
HID will always be viable IMO. Time tested and proven. LED is just starting to get there but many still not yet.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i would go hid but im worried about temps but i do wonder if i was pulling 400 watts from the wall with a led or 400 watts hid would they produce the same amount of heat i mean im using the same amount of wattage

Anthem

Anthem

Spider Far
Not every no lol.

It should say let people make up there own mind.. And fuck mars hydro lights i have 2 of them, I hate the mounting system, I hate the dimmable shit stuck INSIDE THE FUCKING DRIVER! I gotta jam a screw driver in there to dim my lights, thats just stupid and dangerous risking my life . . . GTFO..

OMG there copying so and so.. Have you seen the 1000 copys on alibaba or amazon or ebay or WHO THE FUCK CARES I don't own any chinese LED business there not hurting me copying jack shit.. You act like you have some moral investment or something ROFL.. Why you care so much?

You got better leds go review those go tell people to buy those go do you... stop trying to be a hater on my hustle tho. such an angry dood for someone who smokes weed. Are you not getting enough? THC i mean..

and no i never wondered why mars hydro got banned? I didn't know they were banned.. There fucking ADS are still playing on the side of my screen here...

But for real your gonna need to prove there LOW BIN samsung diodes cuz i wasn't aware samsung had varying degrees of quality when it comes to LEDS they sell, was not aware they liked there name trashed and tarnished by selling lower quality brand name diodes and all like you claim is FACT.. without any proof,, but people should just believe you cuz your honest ROFL.. thats just str8 up trumpism right there.. omg I was wondering where you got this act from now i get it..

Ugh.
Spider Farmer is just the latest knock off brand. Take a look at there Spider Farmer 1000 they advertise their PPDF at their closer reading states 863 average PPFD. The Average is 495.84. 100 percent false advertising. And I know the answer, but they are really bright.

View attachment spider farmer PPFD.pdf
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Spider Far

Spider Farmer is just the latest knock off brand. Take a look at there Spider Farmer 1000 they advertise their PPDF at their closer reading states 863 average PPFD. The Average is 495.84. 100 percent false advertising. And I know the answer, but they are really bright.

And they should def stop over inflating the numbers, I see alot of them do it becoming the norm these days.

I mean shit the old blurples still advertise them selfs as like 1000W 500W ect ect.. Its all bullshit.. like i said let the grower and there own budget decide whats best for them.

Anthem

Anthem

And they should def stop over inflating the numbers, I see alot of them do it becoming the norm these days.

I mean shit the old blurples still advertise them selfs as like 1000W 500W ect ect.. Its all bullshit.. like i said let the grower and there own budget decide whats best for them.
Posting inflating numbers is just not cool, it does not matter the country of origin. These lights do not stack up to HLG like they are trying to imply.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i would go hid but im worried about temps but i do wonder if i was pulling 400 watts from the wall with a led or 400 watts hid would they produce the same amount of heat i mean im using the same amount of wattage
No because led uses the wattage alot more efficiently so less heat. You would get less heat and way more light for 400w to 400w comparison.

growsince79

growsince79

No because led uses the wattage alot more efficiently so less heat. You would get less heat and way more light for 400w to 400w comparison.
Ok I'm confused. last month you said.

"Well it should help you a bit but I'm not sure one will do what ya need because a watt is a watt and that's where heat comes from. Do you have your ballist inside or outside the tent? Let's go over how we can get that down for ya. And what to expect before you waste money. "

"Oh ain't that the truth bro... The difference is led uses less watts to produce the same amount of photons or plant usable light energy. So less watts used equals less heat produced."

So does 1w led make less heat than 1w HID? I'm getting the 100w hlg next week and I will compare to 100w mh and see for myself.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Mh & hps are used in industrial grows, hobby growers prefer led, problem mh/hps uses allot of juice and throws off allot of heat, ,good point since most people want led there super cheap, Led throw off allot less heat and use allot less energy, problem the led light i want cost 2 grand (black dog), so if i had a warehouse of weed i would go with mh, but since im a hobby grower i use led, we can go round and round all day as some hobby growers swear by mh, i used it myself back in the day when a $179 doller rig cost that much to change bulb back then, i would use it if i was in a state where it is legal to cultivate, cob led is what you want and a good one costs cash, a brand new mh rig with hood fan ballast and bulbs cost $179, my tiny California light works cob booster cost allmost $600, so in my opinion if i were doing a legal industrial grow i would most definitely use mh/hps, but since i just luv growing and do small runs my 600w led suites me fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I'm confused. last month you said.

"Well it should help you a bit but I'm not sure one will do what ya need because a watt is a watt and that's where heat comes from. Do you have your ballist inside or outside the tent? Let's go over how we can get that down for ya. And what to expect before you waste money. "

"Oh ain't that the truth bro... The difference is led uses less watts to produce the same amount of photons or plant usable light energy. So less watts used equals less heat produced."

So does 1w led make less heat than 1w HID? I'm getting the 100w hlg next week and I will compare to 100w mh and see for myself.
Yes it does. I think I corrected myself cause I wasn't thinking clearly at that time.

A watt is a watt. The efficacy of the light using it is difference. The more efficient the diode or bulb the more photons and less heat produced from each watt

chemistry

chemistry

Yes it does. I think I corrected myself cause I wasn't thinking clearly at that time.

A watt is a watt. The efficacy of the light using it is difference. The more efficient the diode or bulb the more photons and less heat produced from each watt

What, you mean you come on here stoned. lol

Top Bottom