Mid-Late Flower Deficiency or Nute Burn?

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thank you! Do you think I should give a 1/2 feeding after it finishes draining? Or perhaps there is still some nutrients there at that 2000 ppm mark that I should not need to add any? Trying to use this as a learning experience!
you can feed it at 1.5 ec just to get a new set of nutrients in there, or you could let it dry. I would right after the flush

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

OK, so I performed the flush, probably not 3x the pot size but if I need to do more, I guess I will do that. I tested the runoff and at the end of my flush, the ph is sitting at 6.2 and around 2000 ppm. Do you think I need to flush more??? Thank you for your help by the way!
You're deficiency cause is lockout. I'd not flush but water only in proper volume.

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
i'm not an organic grower, but it looks like you have a few issues going on. The coloration looks similar K deficiency, I don't necessarily see any signs of burn. I wouldn't feed to heavy on N at this point, you're too late into flower for that. There's something up with your ratios though.

Just so you're aware why I'm saying it's not burn -- it's the widespread yellowing tapering to necrotic leaf matter. Burn is just that -- burn. It looks straight up like the tips of the leaves were roasted with a flame, and is dark brown. Your symptoms looks more papery and the yellowing indicates deficiency. In the pattern you're seeing, I really think it's K, and possibly a touch of Mg, which can cause K lockout since Mg is a contraindicator to K.

Keep in mind since you're in organic soil, pH and EC don't mean a damn thing. They're not metrics you can really measure on in organics.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

i'm not an organic grower, but it looks like you have a few issues going on. The coloration looks similar K deficiency, I don't necessarily see any signs of burn. I wouldn't feed to heavy on N at this point, you're too late into flower for that. There's something up with your ratios though.

Just so you're aware why I'm saying it's not burn -- it's the widespread yellowing tapering to necrotic leaf matter. Burn is just that -- burn. It looks straight up like the tips of the leaves were roasted with a flame, and is dark brown. Your symptoms looks more papery and the yellowing indicates deficiency. In the pattern you're seeing, I really think it's K, and possibly a touch of Mg, which can cause K lockout since Mg is a contraindicator to K.

Keep in mind since you're in organic soil, pH and EC don't mean a damn thing. They're not metrics you can really measure on in organics.
Thanks tobh- I had pretty much came to the conclusion you did in that I was seeing a K def this whole grow with this plant. I knew that if I fixed it, the leaves would still be yellow but the new growth would look good if I fixed the problem. I thought I had done that and was trying to push the limit of what she would take when the edges and tips of some of the leaves, and some sugar leaves on some flowers, began to what I would describe as "burn" which is why I wanted to figure this out before it got worse. I had assumed that I had found that line where I pushed her too far, which was part of what I was trying to do. At the very least I wanted to learn something and try to get a decent harvest off this plant.

Since I went ahead with the flush, what would you recommend at this point? Would you suggest a light feeding as PK1 has suggested?

Reactions: PK1
7munkee

7munkee

Yeah, I would have to agree. I had a similar problem last grow. It finished at 154 grams for 1 autoflower so I guess it didn't hurt the yield at all. And I DO grow organic (or try to).

You can see my case was a little more advanced than his.
IMG 20211119 001638711

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah, I would have to agree. I had a similar problem last grow. It finished at 154 grams for 1 autoflower so I guess it didn't hurt the yield at all. And I DO grow organic (or try to).

You can see my case was a little more advanced than his.View attachment 1194521
yup, this is classic, advanced K. Also a few other things going on, but definitely a good example.

Just wanted to add further that burn shows up on dark green leaves. You'd likely see clawing as well. It takes a lot to get nute burn ime, most of the time it's ratios that are fucked up causing problems.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So I guess the consensus is that it was K deficient, not excess, and I probably should not have flushed. With that in mind, and with my limited experience, I should go a head a feed this gal before she goes to bed tonight. I will give her a light feeding of cal/mag, Terp Tea Bloom and Bloom Booster as well as a dose of Recharge to help the microbes along. Thank you everyone for all your help!

Top Bottom