Middle of 8th week is thia a nanner

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It's really weird because I see people on here that have hermie issues all the time. I know this may sound bizarre but I have been growing for years and I have only seen this happen once maybe twice. Super rare for me. The only thing I can think of is I finish my plants outside under the natural sun. The times this happened to me it was with indoor runs never outside. Do you guys think that the usage of artificial lights could lead to a slightly higher likelihood of hermie issues? Just a thought Im wondering what people think about this theory.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's really weird because I see people on here that have hermie issues all the time. I know this may sound bizarre but I have been growing for years and I have only seen this happen once maybe twice. Super rare for me. The only thing I can think of is I finish my plants outside under the natural sun. The times this happened to me it was with indoor runs never outside. Do you guys think that the usage of artificial lights could lead to a slightly higher likelihood of hermie issues? Just a thought Im wondering what people think about this theory.
I don't think so.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

since my pineapple auto didnt turn herm would that mean the problem happen after i harvested it ?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

im just not sure what i did to stress it i only have 2 or 3 more weeks to go this one
Light leak possibly? Unless you're 100 percent sure there is no light entering the grow during the dark cycle. If using feminized seeds, they could be more prone to herm as creating female seeds is done through a process of stressing the plant.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

when i first got the tent i put my phone inside on record and made a 5 min video of darkness so i assumed it was light proof

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Light leak possibly? Unless you're 100 percent sure there is no light entering the grow during the dark cycle. If using feminized seeds, they could be more prone to herm as creating female seeds is done through a process of stressing the plant.
I agree with this when using feminized stock I know the herm issues are more common. I have heard this many times Im sure there is some truth to it. inbreeding issues due to lack of genetic diversity when a lineage gets feminized over and over again.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

on the website i got it from the strain details page it says genetics unknown

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
What light are you using at what height and in what size tent?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

when i first got the tent i put my phone inside on record and made a 5 min video of darkness so i assumed it was light proof
Most tents will have light leaks. I did the same but when I actually put my LED on and stood outside of the tent in a dark room, I could see the leaks.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Most tents will have light leaks. I did the same but when I actually put my LED on and stood outside of the tent in a dark room, I could see the leaks.
Now I can see that on my tent with the light on but that light in that tent is alot brighter and stronger then the lights outside the tent

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Now I can see that on my tent with the light on but that light in that tent is alot brighter and stronger then the lights outside the tent
Might not be the issue, but if enough little leaks are getting through, it could be an issue.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I truly think this is it man. What he said. I seriously doubt it was light issue or anything you did. Just shitty luck.
Looks like nutrient related hermie to me. You’re right, I have light leaks and never hermies. 9 times outta 10 it’s almost always operator error/shitty genetics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom