Miggs Grow Journal

• Thread starter Miggs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miggs

Miggs

Howdy Farmers! I've been lurking for months as we (the wife and I) have been preparing. Now we are up and running. I will update every few days or as things get interesting. A few pics of our girls and our set up as it stands so far are below.

Strains are:
Eva Seeds Veneno Kush -- 33 days since entering the cloner
Bio Diesel --33 days since entering the cloner
ECSD -- 35 days from seed
G13/hp x Swt#3 -- 35 days from seed

Equipment:
DR240W tent
2 Blockbuster 6" hoods with Quantum dim-able ballasts running 1000w HPS Ushio bulbs.
1 Virtual Sun 6" hood with Virtual Sun Digital ballast and both Mh and HPS 1000w bulbs.
6x39 Phat Filter
Hydrofarm - 6" Eclipse Fan

1 6 bulb T5 rack that we will use for veg once the tent goes 12/12
1 24 site DIY cloner

All of the girls are in ProMix and are feeding on H&G A&B soil at 1.7
Runoff has been consistently around 6.2ph and 1.2
Lights on 18/6

Ambient temps low 70's and the tent stays between 74 and 81 with RH between 55-68%.

We have the ability to cool the room and a dehumidi is in place. Fresh air comes in from the basement and filtered air cools the lights and exits out to the herb garden in the back yard.

Hopefully the pics are below. The 1st 3 are NYSD and the g13/hpxSwt#3
--Miggs

Miggs grow journal
Miggs grow journal 2
Miggs grow journal 3
Miggs

Miggs

Veneno Kush

Here are the Eva Seeds Veneno. They are having a rough time atm and we are seeing single leaves developing. Everyone is vegging atm under the 1000w MH.

June6 006
June6 007
June6 008
Miggs

Miggs

ECSD Topping/Fiming?

Good Morning Farmers,

Can anyone with experience growing ECSD give me some advice on topping/Fiming with this strain? I have about 7ft of vertical space to work with this run.

These were taken last night, they are at day 38 from seed.

Also, how long of a veg period is ideal?

Thanks in Advance!
Miggs

June 8 001
June 8 002
June 8 006
June 8 004
LBH

LBH

Howdy Neighbor. (East Greenwich)

Check the links in my signatures, you might be interested in something like that.

Those single blades, is that the only plant in the tent doing that? It's a sign of significant stress, if thats the only plant doing it, I'd remove her, it's not the environment.

Did that one see anything drastically different than the others?

Miggs

Miggs

Hey There! (Warwick here)

Howdy Neighbor. (East Greenwich)

Check the links in my signatures, you might be interested in something like that.

Those single blades, is that the only plant in the tent doing that? It's a sign of significant stress, if thats the only plant doing it, I'd remove her, it's not the environment.

Did that one see anything drastically different than the others?

Plant is a clone. Began with 5 blades and I noticed the singles a few days from moving to the MH from the T5's. Growing well aside from the single blades so I'm inclined to give her another week and see what happens.

I'm planning to top and work on some LST this weekend. I actually read your tutorial a few days ago :) Hopefully I wont screw it up!

T

treehugger

Wrong and bad advice.

The single leaves in this case are a sign of hormonal flux because his internodes are too close together.

This is common when clones stall, especially after a transplant to larger homes. While the roots stretch the top stalls, yet the internodes still develop enough to challenge the apical branch for hormonal control. Until one branch develops control, or the competing branches outgrow their hormonal warfare - weak, un-differentiated growth predominates.

You need to help the plant along by clipping the competing growth and allowing the plant to gain control of itself. Clip the entire second, third and fourth internodes, and then every other one after that. The apical tip won't always recover control right away, and if it still spits out nodes too close together you might need to clip a few more new shoots under the tip. Once it establishes full hormonal control of the whole plant, normal growth resumes. Should be right as rain in 7days...

Miggs

Miggs

Hey There Treehugger, thanks for checking in!

Things have been crazy around here and I have not had time to update. I'll have one up in a day or two.

I gave the girls a good trim...... Thanks for the tip!

W

wkpjr1967

Hey Brother!
Good to see you on here!
Plants are looking good!

BlackBart

BlackBart

Treehugger is spot on . if the plant has not changed to a reg leaf pattern by now I would do what he suggests .

Miggs

Miggs

The Veneno is recovering.....

The Veneno got a trim on Sunday and are doing better. New growth are 5 blades.

We've been working on topping/Fimming and LST with a few girls following LBH's guide. Good stuff brotha!

616 001
616 002
616 010
BlackBart

BlackBart

I wouldn't top the ECSD now, they are too far along . If you top at the second node you will get four nice cola sized branches . She looks good though ..yer doing a fine job there Miggs !

Miggs

Miggs

The Flip

Flipping em tomorrow so I thought a few final veg day pics were in order.

With a few tweaks over the last week, were now able to maintain 78-82 with both 1000's running and 69-71 lights out. This is without the AC running, just venting in from an adjacent room that is much cooler.

The Veneno is recovering slowly and is going to stay in veg for now.

Bio Diesel and ESCD below.

IMG 0002
IMG 0003
IMG 0005
Miggs

Miggs

Day 7 of 12/12 is under way

Lots happening here since I last posted.

We moved the grow room to another area of the house. We were unable to maintain acceptable temps and RH in the basement room they were in due to mostly the venting issues I think. (was venting nearly 30' to get outside from the previous spot. Our portable AC was not able to keep up and daytime temps were approaching mid 90's and were hard to get below 80 with the lights out.

No such problems in the new spot, 79-81 daytime and 68 lights out are easily achieved now and the fan is working half as hard and were running a window ac instead of the portable.

The girls got a bit warm for a day when my medicated ass set the lights at 12" when we flipped and added another 1000w but all seems to be good now.

Sorry for the partially washed out pics, I need a new camera and the lights r on.

Here are some day 7 Pics for ya --

ECSD and BioD clones
IMG_000811.JPG

ECSD's
IMG_00168.JPG
IMG_00153.JPG
IMG_00144.JPG
IMG_00125.JPG
IMG_000911.JPG

Bio Diesel
IMG_00185.JPG
IMG_00107.JPG

G13/HPxSwt#3
IMG_00135.JPG

IMG 0015
Miggs

Miggs

Moving into week 4 of flower. Everything seems to be going smoothly. Any thoughts on the yellowing are welcome. I have another thread in the infirmary with those plants.

Also have some Northern Lights and Chemdog x ECSD in veg for the next cycle that I will post pics of soon.

Here they are at 24 days.

IMG 0152
IMG 0151
IMG 0150
IMG 0149
IMG 0148
IMG 0146
IMG 0145
IMG 0144
IMG 0143
IMG 0142
IMG 0141
IMG 0140
IMG 0139
IMG 0138
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hi Miggs. I am wondering how far are you having to keep your lights away from your plants? what kind of finishing time are you expecting ?

Miggs

Miggs

Hey Dr.D!
I have the hoods at 24". This is our 1st grow so I don't have any experience with finishing times. Expecting 75-85 for the ecsd and 60-65 for the others.

Top Bottom