Miggs Grow Journal

• Thread starter Miggs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hey Dr.D!
I have the hoods at 24". This is our 1st grow so I don't have any experience with finishing times. Expecting 75-85 for the ecsd and 60-65 for the others.

I think you need a bigger cooling fan for those lights. You should be down closer to 12-14 inches your plants look like they are shooting up toward the light really fast big spacing on your nodes. They look to be pretty indica dom which should give you fairly tight dense plants. Also with this much distance you have lost 75% of your light density and lumens before its touching your plants at all.
Are you running CO2? If not your temps seem a bit high to me ideally your looking for 74-76 with an RH below 58% but above 42%. They yellowing you are getting looks like humidity burn to me. When your plants transpire into a to humid environment they build little puddles of moisture on the leaves around them when the bright hps hits these water droplets you get burns like the ones I am seeing. One last thing for your consideration. With a day time high temp of 81 your night time low of 68 is to low is there a purpose in dropping the temps that far at night I used to do the same thing I noticed my plants took longer to wake up to the sunshine. Your plants would prefer a temp change of 5-8 degrees at night for most of your flower cycle your not hurting them now but you are slowing them down. If you are trying to increase likelihood of coloring in the plants you need to drop the temps in the root zone more than anything else but not until the final 2-3 weeks for most strains. Just my observations. I hope it offers some help.

Miggs

Miggs

Thanks Dr.D

I adjusted the lights, fans and intake location today and have a consistent temp of 80 lights on with the canopy at 12" now. Before the changes it was 84. I'm going to add one more osculating wall mount fan tomorrow. If I have to lower the temps more I will go with an active intake.. running a passive now.

It will be another 9hrs before I can check the canopy temps lights out with this config. RH stays 45-55 in the room. Soil temps stay around 73.

No CO2 but plenty of fresh air at 70 degrees.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Thanks Dr.D

I adjusted the lights, fans and intake location today and have a consistent temp of 80 lights on with the canopy at 12" now. Before the changes it was 84. I'm going to add one more osculating wall mount fan tomorrow. If I have to lower the temps more I will go with an active intake.. running a passive now.

It will be another 9hrs before I can check the canopy temps lights out with this config. RH stays 45-55 in the room. Soil temps stay around 73.

No CO2 but plenty of fresh air at 70 degrees.

Sounds a lot better brother I think this will help you and your ladies have a better time together. I keep my lights about 4-5 inches but I run 600w lights. Your higher temps would have been fine if you were running 1400-1500 ppm co2. hopefully you can get down into that ideal range for non-co2 temps. I'm rooting for ya.

BlackBart

BlackBart

Sounds like your getting it under better control . Fresh air ...fresh air ! You can never have enough .

Miggs

Miggs

So after nearly a week without my laptop I'm finally back up and running.

33 days into flower. Hoods are about 8" from the canopy now with canopy temps at 79 lights on and 70 dark. We still have a bit of the mystery yellowing going on but it has not progressed. New growth is for the most part unaffected.
RH is 50-60 Feeding at 1000ppm 5.7ph on a feed/water/water. Runoff is consistently 5.7 and 450-500.

Getting new camera this weekend I hope. In the meantime...........

1st up is the ECSD. Not even half way along...

IMG 02182
IMG 02191
IMG 02201
IMG 02211
IMG 02221
N

NorCal_44

Hey man I know this is going against what you have been told but I always keep my 1000w 24" min off my canopy. Any closer and the tops of the buds get light bleached. It kinda looks like your experiencing the same thing. These are some pics of headband at 70 days. They got too tall and some of the top buds got light bleached. The girls got 4 foot tall and I trimmed everything off below the bottom trellis one foot above the soil. The 3 foot that had buds all got super dense, even the bottom nugs. I personally don't think that you need to have a 1000w closer that 24", I think it is too intense. Unless your using a light mover.

Peace

DSC 0205
DSC 0207
DSC 0210
DSC 0219
BlackBart

BlackBart

Good sense Norcal . I can't think of what else the bleaching could be .

jyip

jyip

• NorCal_44New Farmer
    Hey man I know this is going against what you have been told but I always keep my 1000w 24" min off my canopy. Any closer and the tops of the buds get light bleached. It kinda looks like your experiencing the same thing. These are some pics of headband at 70 days. They got too tall and some of the top buds got light bleached. The girls got 4 foot tall and I trimmed everything off below the bottom trellis one foot above the soil. The 3 foot that had buds all got super dense, even the bottom nugs. I personally don't think that you need to have a 1000w closer that 24", I think it is too intense. Unless your using a light mover.​

i hear ya there nor cal.....

i used move my 1K HPS up and down and keep it closer to the canopy too,,, but realized I wasnt gaining in my case so now my light stays stationary roughly 24" or so ,,but had same issue ,,,plt tops bleaching out,,,in fact if ya are not careful ya still can do it with certain strains ,,,i have noticed some strains do better at the perimeter with less light intensity, and a;lso the other way too​

Top Bottom