Mikado Geneology

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

There is one very important point to make here too, I am growing this for good people who will be gifted this Not to sell or make money or stockpile some secret bean Vault Hell I don't have 1/2 a clue as it is.....
and that's why I wanted to try
This For me is a Therapy it has taken me out of a very shity life to a much better place and for that I am utterly grateful
and appreciate every day I have.

who knows what will happen maybe nothing but how will I know unless I try And this is a great Base line to start with IMO
Gunna have some fun now.
Making a mess :p
Great Green pheno growin Vibes
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am waiting on one more set of beans that are coming from a very secluded part of the growing community, It is cool to be on this guys watched list. One thing is bound to happen..... I will have a good time hunting through the gear.... For me Thats what its about.
Super grow Vibes as always Farm . . . .
FlyJ

symbiote420

symbiote420

Good luck buddy! I got a CO homie that knows that strain like the back of his hand, he's round here from time to time and has been working that line for years..... hopefully he's one of the cats you got some stock from too! I have a few Mikado crosses in the stash I might have to let my pal toss em in his OD patch having such an early harvest time.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

OH yea the last set Of Mikado Beans are in my Hands, So it is time to play.

I am Sayin this again… This is for the fun of the grow and the Hunt only
I am not trying to prove or disprove a thing Other than my Diggin in da dirt.

Who knows maybe we will get lucky……

I will be doing 10 each to start and see what I gets . . . .

#1, are quoted as being sourced from Federation seeds
#2, are Mikado f2 from a well respected Breeder
#3, are unknown Mikado from a Very well known breeder and a great Friend who had um in his stash box marked Mikado Not sure if they are even going to pop.
I will try and update every Friday or once a week fer sure.
Peace and Super Pheno Hunting Vibes
FlyJ
Lets do this>>>

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

EDIT:
20 of #1
10 of #2
and
8 of #3
2/11/2015 placed into the Damp Paper towels
ALL the Beans spent 12 hrs in a soak of amino/glucose germination mix after a light scuffing
all the beans are over 5 years old
Crackin the shell Vibes FlyJ

Nitetroller

Nitetroller

I came across this thread so I decided to join as I have a little experience with the mikado. I originally grew out a pack of mikado x cts from federation in 2001. I had mikado and cts phenos. I loved it so much that I got a pack of mikado from hazeman last year. I've ran 3 beans so far,1 male and 2 females. 1 female was taller with a pink grapefruit taste the other is short squat purple raspberry creme pheno. Uber potent and really fast (50 days). All my research on the mikado from federation says it's renamed sweet pink grapefruit or sweet tooth but most likely sweet pink grapefruit. I hope this helps as I too am very interested in the mikado lineage.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Up Date
The #3 have been the most difficult to get popped, with less than 25% kicking tails
and the rest starting to show mold and fall apart
I feel Happy I was able to get the few in CoCo that I have,
over half of the #1 and all But 1 of the #2
SO:
12 of the #1
9 of the #2
6 of the #3
Day One Of The Mikado Hunt is ON
2 15 2015 upD 1

I am very Lucky to have the ones I do and I am grateful for the Chance at This . . . It dose not matter what happens, I will be smiling in the morning when the lights come on and The sprouts start to appear.
Peace Farmers and Super Mikado Hunting Vibes FlyJ

JAWS

JAWS

Up Date
The #3 have been the most difficult to get popped, with less than 25% kicking tails
and the rest starting to show mold and fall apart
I feel Happy I was able to get the few in CoCo that I have,
over half of the #1 and all But 1 of the #2
SO:
12 of the #1
9 of the #2
6 of the #3
Day One Of The Mikado Hunt is ON
View attachment 486129
I am very Lucky to have the ones I do and I am grateful for the Chance at This . . . It dose not matter what happens, I will be smiling in the morning when the lights come on and The sprouts start to appear.
Peace Farmers and Super Mikado Hunting Vibes FlyJ

best of hunting for you my brother, i'm sure your going to get something to look at for-sure.

nice;)

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The 1st few Moments of this grow are very Important to me More so because of this feeling inside of me that see's more than a Seed,
See the very 1st one from all three of this strain to break ground and see the light will be doing so after layin Dormant for over a Decade, to this grower that means something. The moving and the changes in the seasons hiding out in a box or baggie through the years and then to finally end up randomly with the FlyinJ with others of its kind to share time in the sun Well in the Light anyway...

The way I will number and label each plant is going to be who pops up 1st, so here are the 1st
Mikado #1' Followed by each plant number as it breaks through the Coco
so plant one will be M#1 P-1 the second will be M#1 P-2

Mikado(f2) #2 The only difference for the #2mikado beans is that I know they are (f2) so each will be M#2(f2) P-1
The next will be M#2(f2) P-2 and the next is M#2(f2) P-3
Mikado #3 The last will read M#3 P-1 then M#3 P-2 Next M#3 P-3

Here is the 1st
M#1 P-1
2 16 2015 upD 1

The next is the F2 Mikado
2 16 2015 upD 2

And the oldest and the most exciting to this Grower is the Mikado #3 Here is the 1st one of them to see the Light...
2 16 2015 upD 3

I know some will think it boring others may feel I am being obsessive, The truth is I am just having a fun time and sharing what Drives me. For this Veteran, for this farmer, To all of you Very Happy and Peaceful Grow Vibes From
The Mikado Hunting FlyJ

EMj

EMj

Very cool great thread!

I think I read that mikado was sweet pink grapefruit x SWT.

Wasn't Federation breeder Steve and the cat that runs Next Generation seeds now? I remember him saying Steve wanted to be Emery's supplier at any cost and he didn't want to so they parted ways.

Have grown lots of Federation gear and it was all killer. Just lost my 12 year old cotton candy mother, man that hurt. One of my all time favorites.

Good luck with your project, and expect that mikado to kick your ass!! As I recall there was the grapefruitty, the raspberry, and the skunky phenos. The grapfruitty one being the strongest followed by the raspberry pheno.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Thanks for the props and heads up
Very cool great thread!
I am looking forward to some interesting pheno's
I feel lucky to have them.

Keeping a smile and good vibes to the Hunt . . . . .
FlyJ
@EMj
would love to see how yours look in veg or early flower if you have a pic or two
PLEASE feel free to post a few TY
Peace. Farm

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Well there is always bad with the good, I dont understand that some of the M-3 popped and then sprouted...
only to grow 1 inch then die ? ? ?
some of the M-2 and M-1 lagged and or were weak
so here is the final numbers

Mikado M-1 Seven healthy sprouts doing great
Mikado M-2 f2 Five Healthy spouts
and
Mikado M-3 only 3 and doing ok,
In Coco feeding PH water Only once every 3 days or as coco cups get lite.
I have my eye on um all . . .
Posting a few pics of some of the sprouts as no need to see um all here are some that IMHO are note worthy
2 21 2015 UDate 1a

The leaf caught my eye so gunna see what is all about, as it must be a trait to the strain as its not the only one.
2 21 2015 UDate 1

Here is another from the M-1
2 21 2015 UDate 2

May not have any real bearing but its still cool.
2 21 2015 UDate 5c

here is the M-2 that are an F2 from a well known Breeder Just cuz he wanted to help me out.
2 21 2015 PDate 2

and one from M-3 the oldest of the 3 I was not counting on any popping so having three is gret news as long as they stay healthy.
2 21 2015 UDate 2

showing kinda the same leaf structure.
So that be them and will keeping in the cups till topped once then see whats next.
Peace Farmers
Super Pheno hunting Vibes
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Thank ya Broski
Yea I just wanted to try and give My Nyvia II a dusting of someone older and be different,
Who knows what may happen,
I know My Nyvia II is a great tasting bud with even the crap run I gave her and the weak way she finished due to the Spider Mites
But then her smoke report and her overall high is prased by more than 3 or 4 , Well I cant ignore so will try to get a Monster Mikado Male get some Nice Azz Mikado Fem and have a good time doin somethin my lil Group can enjoy...
Or I will screw it up and get great Stems for weaving Baskets, eith way Its win Win lol
Super Fun Vibes

Top Bottom