Mikado Geneology

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I have been looking into a great Old school bean for my small group to cross with my Nyvia II plant

I dont want to copy or take away from the great stuff done already so why not go the other end and start at an oldies but goodies

It was a Federation Seed called Mikado I have very limited information on them
I just want to know how or if the gene pool has been lost or if you can help me
this is what I know from reading on it only its mostly Indica OK but from where ?

Mikado was made by the Federation seed company. With a long jagged single leaf pattern indica plant
This is a BURB from HAZEMAN SEEDS:
Hazeman seeds wanted to preserve one more good old strain. And have everyone enjoy it. Mikado is predominantly Indica, quick maturing, large-yielding strain. With a long jagged single leaf pattern. Mikado can be harvested 45 days after flowering is started. Perfect for a sea of green. Long-lasting effect.
and this information was located:

Mikado is a fast producing indica, finishing as early as August in temperate outdoor latitudes and as soon as 6 weeks indoors with desirable yields. A title for the emperor of Japan, the name Mikado is composed of the Japanese words “mi” (honorable) and “kodo” (gate of the imperial palace). Other interpretations give this term the meanings “God of the Sun” and “open August gate” in Japanese. hence is it a Japanese Strain ?

Federation developed this variety around 1993. Flavored like wild raspberries, this branchy variety develops purple leaves and calyxes during maturity. The buds are very fat and squat with distinctly pink hairs upon finish. Federation recommends growing Mikado indoors as a larger multi-branched plant, which suits the tendencies of this variety, leading to a better yield……… Sea of green is less than optimal for this indica, since it like to stay short and spread out. A terrific choice for outdoor growing, Mikado can yield a pound per plant and reduces work and worry with its early finish.

The Mikado high is a mellow body stone that is good for an evening smoke, especially when enjoying casual activities such as watching movies or chilling out with your friends.

Winner, Nimbin Cup 2000

outdoor mikado from Hawaii the stuff just reeked very skunky almost roadkill skunk
or is that part hype and its from Highlands of locklushure overlooking the land of make believed

@JAWS @Capulator @Kendo @Texas Kid @Hazeman @med man @Medusa @caregiverken @caveman4.20 @ttystikk

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I tagged a handful of you because of the major number that follow you all
The better the plant is IMHO
transparency and the facts are what make The farm a great source for this......
Thank you all of you just for taking the time to read it
FlyJ

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Is that the Mikado in the LuLu from NAG? Thats all I know of Mikado plus the plethora of articles in the magz....no personal experience yet unless it's in the LULU beans I got from NAG
It's incredible plant and I've never seen a bad pic of it or read anything negative on it.

I'm a fan

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

There you have it. I can't wait to experience that LuLu grow first hand
I have been looking into a great Old school bean for my small group to cross with my Nyvia II plant

I dont want to copy or take away from the great stuff done already so why not go the other end and start at an oldies but goodies

this is what I know from reading on it only its mostly Indica OK but from where ?

Mikado was made by the Federation seed company. With a long jagged single leaf pattern indica plant
Hazeman seeds wanted to preserve one more good old strain. And have everyone enjoy it. Mikado is predominantly Indica, quick maturing, large-yielding strain. With a long jagged single leaf pattern. Mikado can be harvested 45 days after flowering is started. Perfect for a sea of green. Long-lasting effect.

Mikado is a fast producing indica, finishing as early as August in temperate outdoor latitudes and as soon as 6 weeks indoors with desirable yields. A title for the emperor of Japan, the name Mikado is composed of the Japanese words “mi” (honorable) and “kodo” (gate of the imperial palace). Other interpretations give this term the meanings “God of the Sun” and “open August gate” in Japanese. hence is it a Japanese Strain ?

Federation developed this variety around 1993. Flavored like wild raspberries, this branchy variety develops purple leaves and calyxes during maturity. The buds are very fat and squat with distinctly pink hairs upon finish. Federation recommends growing Mikado indoors as a larger multi-branched plant, which suits the tendencies of this variety, leading to a better yield……… Sea of green is less than optimal for this indica, since it like to stay short and spread out. A terrific choice for outdoor growing, Mikado can yield a pound per plant and reduces work and worry with its early finish.

The Mikado high is a mellow body stone that is good for an evening smoke, especially when enjoying casual activities such as watching movies or chilling out with your friends.

Winner, Nimbin Cup 2000

outdoor mikado from Hawaii the stuff just reeked very skunky almost roadkill skunk
or is that part hype and its from Highlands of locklushure overlooking the land of make believed

@JAWS @Capulator @Kendo @Texas Kid @Hazeman @med man @Medusa @caregiverken @caveman4.20 @ttystikk
I would use a Mikado male if you enjoy growing all the sisters

For instance I have this lulu's witch I'm goin to play a close attention to the sisters and as soon as they qualify there brother would be an honor to use in a chuck......I'm not saying that is proven with just a pack but if all the sisters satisfy your needs then their brother should carry plenty of that???? Just an opinion but yah it's a good start to look for a male in my most humble opinion

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Yes and Yes Guys that why I am so interested as the LuLu I ran
and what information Northern alliance shared with me
I am Jones-in on the history we dont know its like a closed held secret that this bean just appeared in the hands of federation
and its the Bomb for sure... the more we find out the more and old school genetic can be documented. will share it all to.
IMO its going to make a great story and the J just loves the Stories. . . . . LoL
Keep diggin It Farmers

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Winner, Nimbin Cup 2000

So you have these Mikado seeds or plan to attain them? Just asking as far as availability?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Yes the lulu is the wine colored Purple crack pheno, with the Mikado taste and high

my Nyvia is the Hashplant looking girl from my stand stand thread NyviaII is Nothing to do with LuLu or Mikado
I just like the idea of Lemon Cream Pie

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The Nyvia II is Blue OG x Georgia bag seed
that is the most lemon pungent Diesel fuel y pheno that my PTSD group has a liking to
she has not been run well and needs a few more passes under the HPS
before I feel good to cross her with a Viable male and I believe this would make a great plant
again IDK im so for the fun and the kicks of playing with this wonderful plant
and Caveman, you know me by now its all in fun and keeps me smiling to say I can share something Kewl...

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

MIKADO was originally JAPANESE INDICA
The new available information is this
in the early years of Mark Emery's seed company the true Mikado beans were gifted to him from a friend that had just returned from the far east. in turn he sold 0, the originals were gifted to the growers and breeders of there time and what is available now will be the off spring of the westernized version of this Genetic.

(Quoted)
a Japanese providence south of a small town called Togane...... Mikado was a small area of that provenance That had the original strain, and then carried into the western states.... crossed and bred then the few who still have them may be out there but I will be happy with what I have
its the fun of the Hunt without the drama. . . . .
Peace FlyJ

Calixylon

Calixylon

Are you hunting for the plant or cut, or do you have the beans yet or at least reserved? And is the single leaf variation a rare one? I'd love to see some pics of the single leaf variant, any around? I wish more weirdo strains like that and ducks foot were preserved and available. Last time I got the duck foot it was amazing, and nimbin Australia always seems to produce those strange leafed strains? Coincidence or weather

Latest posts

Top Bottom