Mikado Geneology

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motarebel

Motarebel

A lot of things Emery said didn't add up back then and still don't. Not saying he was lying but he was a salesman. Breeder Steve worked with/for Federation before parting ways and forming SOL. When asked about Mikado he said this, " Mikado= Sweet Tooth". I've seen similarities but 2 distinct flavors have me scratching my head on that theory.

M

motz

Yep, me to Federation Mikado they had all those funky Space related names. That's where the Romulan came from also Or mine did anyway.
Well was suppose to come from Fed anyway x means of Marc. Mid to late 90's also.
He was a slick one that dude was. Always came thru, with something?????
It did have the single leaf pattern, If I remember right?
Best thing I got off that man was a Cali Sat that was orangier than all get out.
Did not produce for shit but it was like you had a orange lifesaver in your mouth.
Fuckin Marvelous

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The best way to say this is I love what I have its a great start to play with such a star gene
regards to its origin this is as much as I can say
I am waiting on the snail mail from a few friends outside of the Computer zone who have played many a year with
BC gear and others from the same Federation seed company so maybe I will hear more. BUT ITS OK IF I DONT
This is about discovery and FUN
Please remember I have no big delusions of finding the single leaf pheno
be nice to get it yes but I enjoy the hunt and the conversation with my fello farmers.
and this should be kewl whatever hapens...
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

With some of,...... with all of...... or a little bit of......
lost information Lets agree that it would be a great find........

regardless where it comes from, old, new or hidden between the cent-fold of a Janis Joplin LP.
I will be Getting some beans that are Named Mikado
I am going to run um
and Be very grateful I have a chance To do so....
When I find something that will be Awesome
and if I don't find something, Thats kewl too,,,,,,,,
Because I will be doing what I have come to Love,
Growing this plant.and sharing it with the Farm
Peace and Super Mikado Vibes
FlyJ

rollon

rollon

I dont remember emerys mikado,i do remember federation's mikado from the late 90s i think.
this is a listing from marc emery direct seed sales for Mikado. it was from federation seeds. a friend of mine used to run it and it seemed different than the sweet tooth plants I used to run. don't think it tells u much fly j. but thought u might like it anyway. from cannabis culture magazine 2002. good luck
IMG 2212
IMG 2213

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

this is a listing from marc emery direct seed sales for Mikado. it was from federation seeds. a friend of mine used to run it and it seemed different than the sweet tooth plants I used to run. don't think it tells u much fly j. but thought u might like it anyway. from cannabis culture magazine 2002. good luckView attachment 477867 View attachment 477869
I miss cannabis culture man it would be nice to pick up a collection of those. Thanks for sharing

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Great Growers and Breeders of the time the best of the best. crossed bred Bx and hybridized by some of the best.... Sold by some Gifted by others
And now Me.... Just some 50 year old dude is gunna be happy to play with whatever he gets
and say Thank you to all who came before me.....
with out you there would be no seed for me to gift to the next Brother in need
FlyJ

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

this is a listing from marc emery direct seed sales for Mikado. it was from federation seeds. a friend of mine used to run it and it seemed different than the sweet tooth plants I used to run. don't think it tells u much fly j. but thought u might like it anyway. from cannabis culture magazine 2002. good luckView attachment 477867 View attachment 477869
Nice pull Rollon,Like mota I seem to remember emery as more of a broker than a breeder of anything.

Cold Country

Cold Country

I hope things go well for this project.
I bred a Mikado male from Federation seed to a female Bubblegum from Seriuos seeds about 10 or so years back, I have gifted some out and grew a few myself, quick hashy sweet little plants,very indica, I had a keeper around for a few years that I liked. I don't remember any single leaf phenos but they were not my primary goal at the time, I was looking for something fast outside, which never manifested.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Cold Country Outstanding to hear of others who have grown this bean prior, Like I said its all Just for the fun of the grow and to Keep this Vet on a Positive path,
I look forward to sharing what ever findings come from the grow Good and Bad thats what its about . . . . .
Makin the grow IMO the adventure with a bonus at the end, a bowl of my very own Buds.....
Peace
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I believe in the whole Karma Is as one dose and seems mine came around a bit, I had a few Farmer/Breeders chime in and now I am sitting on Mikado F2's from a well known breeder who Liked what I was doing He is also one hell of a good guy, another grower had some from Federation seeds and one other from the originator and reason I started this thread,
I am still waiting on a few more details but it looks like I will have more than one source for the Mikado Pheno hunt,
Here is a bit more info from a Very Reclusive grower That I very much appreciate chimed in to say

It's an 8-9 week finish, 8 or 8.5 mostly. One thing that I will say is that when grown well she will develop square buds. I call them castle buds cause it's like the bud would get 4 corner turrets and the fill in to a square bud in the end. Super cool. Pretty much like clockwork that you'll see crystal at day 21.

If anyone Has a picture of there run or information as to other genetic Trates your information is ,ore than welcome
Thank you all you Growers of great gardens of Green
Super luck elusive Mikado Pheno Vibes
FlyJ
Beans 1

Latest posts

Top Bottom