Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok got some time and got the 3rd layer of 3 mil contractor garbage bags on the homemade tent and light proofing is done it’s a blacked out room but I also run a tv in there so made sure she was fully blacked out photos for reference haha

And since the tent is all done she was flipped to 12/12

She’s a guessing game she was an “autoflower” and all the other seeds she was planted with flowered as a auto would, this girl just passed 4 months of veg lol she’s ready to be forced and I guess we’ll see what we get

C72A9D9D F455 4F91 8FE6 570302EAC278
6B541B20 7B1F 488E 935A 516E2EC07920
E07D0B87 9B47 43FD A3FB EEE34B6F352D
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Just a quick update after an ungodly run of overtime at work the past 3 weeks straight 😂

Gotta really check over the girls tomorrow they’ve been pretty much just watered the past 3 weeks I think it’s time to feed big time

Candy kush is in the dark for the past 5 hours I’ll leave her be till tomorrow

The close up photo is the cookies Kush that was topped 4x and then supercropped I’ll let them go awhile longer then flip them, some are still pretty small might go another 2-3 weeks, all the smaller plants are the monstercropped clones that have then been topped in different ways to try stuff haha

527077ED 4184 439C 925F 8B758B5FBCE0
8B410FC1 91F2 4BF6 B463 BCA4117345E5
C3AFA574 6338 4FE4 A58D 53489D97E0A1
BC41AB44 AFB2 47AE BD5B 8FF7128FCC45
E18C7241 8F94 41AD B0B6 3737984E95DF
2Water

2Water

Just a quick update after an ungodly run of overtime at work the past 3 weeks straight 😂

Gotta really check over the girls tomorrow they’ve been pretty much just watered the past 3 weeks I think it’s time to feed big time

Candy kush is in the dark for the past 5 hours I’ll leave her be till tomorrow

The close up photo is the cookies Kush that was topped 4x and then supercropped I’ll let them go awhile longer then flip them, some are still pretty small might go another 2-3 weeks, all the smaller plants are the monstercropped clones that have then been topped in different ways to try stuff haha
Looking good!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
@WeedIsMySpinach @ninjadip heres my current grow log

And todays update as well! My mars Hydro UV/IR light attachments came today. Plants get a rave for a half hour a day to mosh pit the PM off them! ☠️

IR and UV can be independently controlled, they will run all day with the FC-E8000and then alone for 1/2 hour after the main lights turn off followed by the dark period, have read studies that UV treatment without blue wavelength hitting the PM at the same time allows the UV to kill/alter the PM’s DNA as what protects its DNA is activated when it receives blue/cool wavelengths

Study shows a UV treatment followed by at least 4 hours of darkness is showing to be a good Pm control method, so let’s give it a try!

Not much to look at when the main light is on but once they are out it’s a different story lol

0A1AFE7C 8ECE 4D75 8227 EA585FEF37A4
175C5F3F 1F3C 4F75 90C5 92651FD41187
A4E4E8CE 520A 4782 A91C 29F195AAFF69
63F3DC4F 701B 4D0F 9C58 9A9FDE9D98B7
683D9A0C 304B 4658 8A5B 68C69F82BD8B
7A3929F0 B3AA 46D8 84BD 0425546ED2A3
WeedIsMySpinach

WeedIsMySpinach

@WeedIsMySpinach @ninjadip heres my current grow log

And todays update as well! My mars Hydro UV/IR light attachments came today. Plants get a rave for a half hour a day to mosh pit the PM off them! ☠️

IR and UV can be independently controlled, they will run all day with the FC-E8000and then alone for 1/2 hour after the main lights turn off followed by the dark period, have read studies that UV treatment without blue wavelength hitting the PM at the same time allows the UV to kill/alter the PM’s DNA as what protects its DNA is activated when it receives blue/cool wavelengths

Study shows a UV treatment followed by at least 4 hours of darkness is showing to be a good Pm control method, so let’s give it a try!

Not much to look at when the main light is on but once they are out it’s a different story lol
Yea I also heard in a Migro and Bruce Bugee YouTube vid that it’s best in blasts…. 1/2 hour on then 2-3 hours off. Apparently the plant can build an “immunity” to the constant UV.

Found it lol

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yea I also heard in a Migro and Bruce Bugee YouTube vid that it’s best in blasts…. 1/2 hour on then 2-3 hours off. Apparently the plant can build an “immunity” to the constant UV.

Found it lol

i think i saw that video before, love some bruce bigbee. i thought the burst thing was only for UV-B not UV-A. UV-A is safe all day, most grow lights now have some 380nm diodes in them which is UVA. Just looked up this bar, it uses 385nm for the UV, which is UV-A. and 740nm for the "IR" or as many on here call it "far red" which to me is more accurate. I/R is such a broad range... hate how anything past 700nm is considered I/R to grow light companies. to me I/R doesn't start until past 750nm and anything 700-750 is far red. When most people think of I/R they think of invisible(undetectable to human eye) infra-red. which is past the 750nm mark.

@Mikedin i like those supplemental bars!!! cool how they have independent switches. Really nice!

I have the cheap chinese alternative to those, i think they made all the difference in my last grow.

WeedIsMySpinach

WeedIsMySpinach

i think i saw that video before, love some bruce bigbee. i thought the burst thing was only for UV-B not UV-A. UV-A is safe all day, most grow lights now have some 380nm diodes in them which is UVA. Just looked up this bar, it uses 385nm for the UV, which is UV-A. and 740nm for the "IR" or as many on here call it "far red" which to me is more accurate. I/R is such a broad range... hate how anything past 700nm is considered I/R to grow light companies. to me I/R doesn't start until past 750nm and anything 700-750 is far red. When most people think of I/R they think of invisible(undetectable to human eye) infra-red. which is past the 750nm mark.

@Mikedin i like those supplemental bars!!! cool how they have independent switches. Really nice!

I have the cheap chinese alternative to those, i think they made all the difference in my last grow.
Ohhhh ok, tbh I probably smoked waaay to much when I watched it lol it was late…..
I have always thought that too, infra red was unseeable by human eye but some others have tried to “twist it” when it just needs to be explained a bit more lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Found it lol

Awesome! Right now I have the timer set up to turn in a half hour before the lights come on and then stay on for a half hour past the main lights, I’ll have to see if my timer does multiple timings per channel, it’s a digital timer with independent plugs, hopefully I can time it more than once per 24 hour period!

I agree bigbee is awesome! A lot of the reason for the changes I’ve made in the tent along with @Aqua Man and @steamroller

Also just did some defol on the cookies Kush and took off some lower chutes and figured hey why not throw them in some pucks and see what happens, gave them a rooting gel dip, and it just so happens I have my heating mats I won from the @SpiderFarmerLED giveaway a few months ago so as promised let’s put it to use! Thank you again for the giveaway spiderfarmer!

6BA26AA8 494C 4A7E 851B 519DF9DF8AB2
E63EA315 23AB 4D67 B134 F9D469F96324
0A8C8416 1B03 4F07 B527 2EE405C8825E
BC8D82E1 4D00 4C16 87C3 7FE179E1BE75
28936908 63CA 4439 8845 1ECEEDBED629
steamroller

steamroller

Dude love your energy with all the OT and running your tent like a champ.
Not to throw any shade on the UV lighting extras but I feel the need to @Moe.Red in and have him just go back to https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/mikedin’s-grow-journal-2-let’s-go.141633/post-2886723
and see if your timing is right.
I can't say, but thought the uv[either or] was only used the 1/2 hour before and after not all day. 🤷‍♂️
I have been wrong before and want to learn so I really want to hear from Moe on this.
I asked him specifically about your fixture [ and maybe soon mine] and he said the one for veg and then other for flower.
Which could be easily controlled with a timer and you flipping the switch at X weeks?
Hey Moe!🤔

steamroller

steamroller

Bring you into another thread;

ninjadip

ninjadip

Not to throw any shade on the UV lighting extras but I feel the need to @Moe.Red in and have him just go back to https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/mikedin’s-grow-journal-2-let’s-go.141633/post-2886723
I can't say, but thought the uv[either or] was only used the 1/2 hour before and after not all day. 🤷‍♂️
I have been wrong before and want to learn so I really want to hear from Moe on this.
I asked him specifically about your fixture [ and maybe soon mine] and he said the one for veg and then other for flower.
Which could be easily controlled with a timer and you flipping the switch at X weeks?
Hey Moe!🤔
Was Moe talking about UVA or UVB? Can't just throw them both into one group when discussing grow lights. I know that UVB is the one to watch for, this fixture's UV diodes are at 385nm, which is UVA.

This type of UVA diode is in most modern grow lights already, just not to the scale of the supplemental light.

See the spider farmer specs?

What a grow light will almost never have built in is UVB.

Screenshot 20221208 180728
Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey Moe!🤔
I got some reading to catch up on here to say anything intelligent but I’ll be back when I have a bit more time.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey Moe!🤔
Excellent info! Still reading more into it so anything more knows I’ll defenitly use his info! They run off the same switch so on and off one for UV one for IR I know that “IR” on these lights is really more of just a far red and same as I believe they use UVA instead of UVB (unless I mixed that up lol) but I figured any boost they could get can help! And thank you for the kind words on the tent I wish I did even better and didn’t have to deal with the PM haha

steamroller

steamroller

Was Moe talking about UVA or UVB? Can't just throw them both into one group when discussing grow lights. I know that UVB is the one to watch for, this fixture's UV diodes are at 385nm, which is UVA.

This type of UVA diode is in most modern grow lights already, just not to the scale of the supplemental light.

See the spider farmer specs?

What a grow light will almost never have built in is UVB.
We are not all Spider Farmers here.
Read the links I posted .
We are talking about the Mars Hydro lights.
They may be different.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I got some reading to catch up on here to say anything intelligent but I’ll be back when I have a bit more time.
Thanks buddy! I’m one of the throw everything including the kitchen sink at a task kinda person lol but I do a little reading, I wanted these fixtures in already so I’m glad I got them. But if I can improve when to have what on in relation to the main lights to increase yeild and density and flavor and even appearance I’m always game to try it… especially if it even remotely can assist in the PM department lol

ninjadip

ninjadip

We are not all Spider Farmers here.
Read the links I posted .
We are talking about the Mars Hydro lights.
They may be different.
I just posted that cause they are used in many lights, it's nothing super special. But it still is beneficial at the right time of course.

I've read those links cause I have posts in them. I am not ignorant. Just a huge difference in UVA to UVB. I have similar supplemental bars.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Thanks buddy! I’m one of the throw everything including the kitchen sink at a task kinda person lol but I do a little reading, I wanted these fixtures in already so I’m glad I got them. But if I can improve when to have what on in relation to the main lights to increase yeild and density and flavor and even appearance I’m always game to try it… especially if it even remotely can assist in the PM department lol
I would love to hear @Moe.Red opinion on UV light and PM. I didn't know it was effective against it. I know that UVC can kill anything and that that is used sometimes for sterilization, but can only be used in micro doses on plants.

I think the far red will increase yield with the Emerson effect, right Moe?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I would love to hear @Moe.Red opinion on UV light and PM. I didn't know it was effective against it. I know that UVC can kill anything and that that is used sometimes for sterilization, but can only be used in micro doses on plants.

I think the far red will increase yield with the Emerson effect, right Moe?
Yep, either way I plan to continue with my peroxide foliar spray it’s kept them the PM at bay these past few weeks. Doing the defol on the cookies kush and 2 of the clones I found only 1 leaf really with a few spots of pm so I’ll continue the regimen I’ve been doing, but if the UV has any affect I’ll be happy lol, did the before and after timing to see if it could help with anything else that may only be absorbed when full spectrum is not active and only the far red and UV lights are active in the leaves

These are UVA producing diodes by the way lol so there’s that to consider it’s more a benefit to the plant than the PM issue but I figured it may assist in some way

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yep, either way I plan to continue with my peroxide foliar spray it’s kept them the PM at bay these past few weeks. Doing the defol on the cookies kush and 2 of the clones I found only 1 leaf really with a few spots of pm so I’ll continue the regimen I’ve been doing, but if the UV has any affect I’ll be happy lol, did the before and after timing to see if it could help with anything else that may only be absorbed when full spectrum is not active and only the far red and UV lights are active in the leaves
It's possible. I leave mine on for the full light cycle, I was overcrowded for a bit that could have led to PM, but either the lights like you say or all the air flow kept it away, thankfully I haven't had to deal with that. But I def have had my own issues

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It's possible. I leave mine on for the full light cycle, I was overcrowded for a bit that could have led to PM, but either the lights like you say or all the air flow kept it away, thankfully I haven't had to deal with that. But I def have had my own issues
Yeah just gave them the peroxide spray and stripped some leaves that would block airflow, but besides that here’s a show with just the UV, then just IR then both, I also spray down the floor with the peroxide spray and wipe it down each time I spray the plants, every 2 or 3 times I do the spray I’ll wipe down every wall, tops and faces of fans all the wires, everything I can reach with he same peroxide spray just trying to kill and funguses or bacteria that may come into the tent, after dealing with pm the last grow and the start of their one I think I’ll probably do peroxide treatments in the plants at least bi-weekly even when I don’t have any noticing issues in the future

Also they both do stay on the full light cycle plus 30 minutes on each end, im in veg still obviously but I’ll change the times once I flip to 12/12

C3E8CBA1 CB12 4B0A B55E 204D71D502E8
A5B32568 B57F 4A2E 8DB5 07EF5FA6F5D5
181C1E68 979B 4BBD 8ED4 7ED10092BCD3
Top Bottom