Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Now that I should have time I’ll start looking for some PVC pipe and I’ll build myself a little clone Hut so it’s ready next time, one of those Cinderella 99’s I plan to keep as a mother and same with one of the mysterious “Congo” strain

Gotta drop off some zucchini bread at my in-laws on the way to work and I’ll see what my brother in law has going out back lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This will be the mother “tent” was my previous grow tent before I got my AC infinity, and also serves as a drying tent I can drop the “floor” right to the ground and hang either the 4x LED’s in the tent, or more than likely use one of the KingLED 1500’s in there just to keep the mothers vegging for new clones

I know it’s a disastrous mess… but for some 4x4’s and pieces of old wooden bed frames and some black contractor bags it worked lol

All that was made with shit lying around the house in about 2 hours lol

E3FD9186 617C 4CBA 8C3F 4352BD79703D
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
@Kingamb here the current one as well

Stopped by the ol’ clone shop… aka my in law lol got to select from the plants lol, not sure of the strains because he randomly planted them but I got to pick from the ones I liked the best structure and size on the ones i took where awesome about 6’ high he tied them down so there standing at about 4 -4.5’ around 2-3 weeks into flower I’d guess but nabbed some nice clones off the i on nes I liked the structure from one plant has a main stem about 2.5” wide it’s a big ol sucker, I know just 2x of the one plant would fill my 4x8 wall to wall

Hoping for at least 1 mother out of each clone off these 2, as well as one of the Cinderella 99 I’ll have to keep them as small mothers so there will be lots of trimming lol

78A204A6 2E88 43AE B08E 49A597CF3607
EE6C7C38 FE99 4FE4 8BA4 5A7A96817A54
3E590A14 79FD 458D A6C6 E4A754776EE1
7FE8137A 79FF 4943 B79B 8D7E657B84B4
CE6E090A A684 4868 895C 106A68F4BCA4
Kingamb

Kingamb

Oh my! Those look Awesome! They are all so healthy and perky looking!😁
Do you get that many colas from topping or LST?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh my! Those look Awesome! They are all so healthy and perky looking!😁
Do you get that many colas from topping or LST?
The ones outside in my last picture aren’t mine there my brother in laws, those are pictures for reference which plants I took the clones from that I’m going to make into mother plants etc, but yeah his he did no supercropping (until today when I showed him how) just the LST,

Surprisingly he only is feeding them rainwater with lactobacillus mixed in, some coffee grounds, crushed up egg shells,… and that’s it lol they look perfect health lol, a few random leaves have some browning and I man mabye 10 leaves out of all the plants lol. He haven’t PH’d anything at all, the soil is just some bagged compost mixed with the dirt he dug out of the holes lol

I just got to work about an hour and a half ago but the clones are in some water in a cup in my back seat till I get out of work tomorrow at 7am lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

really cool lookin grows Mike. So jealous of all that room you have in the tent. Those lights are straight fire as well. You are going to have your hands full of frost here sooner than later. Is there any friendly rivalry goin on with bro in law as to who can grow the ickyicky? I like your odds 💪

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
really cool lookin grows Mike. So jealous of all that room you have in the tent. Those lights are straight fire as well. You are going to have your hands full of frost here sooner than later. Is there any friendly rivalry goin on with bro in law as to who can grow the ickyicky? I like your odds 💪
Lol no, no challenges, in fact he’s happy I’m taking clones so he can get cones from me next year, but he will be moving soon, closer to me, once he has his place we plan to set up a breeding room so we can really do some fun shit. Hopefully over the next few months he get moved down here and we can start.

Till then I’ll get these mothers goin so I can keep these genetics for my next run as well

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Alright is getting to that time, compost tea, neut tea, whatever we wanna call it lol

Looking for some help putting together a full recipe

Currently my plan is
Earthworm castings
Kelp extract
Fish emulsion
Backstrap molassess (unsulphered)
(I’ll toss in some great white shark myco)

What else would make this a full tea?

Obviously I’m using the dry amendments in the soil and will be top dressing monthly, but wanted to have something really beneficial to the plants for immediate uptake about every 2 weeks

Basically soil amended, 2 weeks later compost tea, 2 weeks later top dress, 2weeks… tea … you get the idea lol

Just looking for a well rounded pick me up for the plants, and soil microbes between top dressing

Also as far as organic PH control I know I can use citric acid to increase PH if needed but not sure what would be best for decreasing PH taking all opinions and will start getting it together I’ll probably want to get some made and I’ll give a half strength dose in about a week if I can get it all together at once

Any opinions ?
@Aqua Man @Observationist @steamroller

Feel free to tag anyone who may be able to help develop a good mix!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright is getting to that time, compost tea, neut tea, whatever we wanna call it lol

Currently my plan is
Earthworm castings
Kelp extract
Fish emulsion

Obviously I’m using the dry amendments in the soil and will be top dressing monthly, but wanted to have something really beneficial to the plants for immediate uptake about every 2 weeks

Basically soil amended, 2 weeks later compost tea, 2 weeks later top dress, 2weeks… tea … you get the idea lol

Just looking for a well rounded pick me up for the plants, and soil microbes between top dressing

Also as far as organic PH control I know I can use citric acid to increase PH if needed but not sure what would be best for decreasing PH taking all opinions and will start getting it together I’ll probably want to get some made and I’ll give a half strength dose in about a week if I can get it all together at once

Any opinions ?

Imo the soil makeup will buffer PH so you dont have to.

for lowering soil PH iron sources, sulphates or peat… aluminum sulphate is easy to use and effective

steamroller

steamroller

I am salts. Organics need 1 month notice and my plants were pissed! I am a slacker..
I want what I can control .
@Shaded_One has many threads on organics and serious grows to back it.
Plus to paying not 1 minutes attention to pH in soil.
What a joke ...

Observationist

Observationist

Currently my plan is
Earthworm castings
Kelp extract
Fish emulsion

Any opinions ?

I’d skip the molasses unless used carefully as aquas and others explained

In short, you provide alot of food that causes a microbial growth spree, they eat up all molasses, now the overpopulated microbes start dieing off as food shortage starts.

Then you create instabilities/ go out of balance.

Unstable microbe population

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

I am salts. Organics need 1 month notice and my plants were pissed! I am a slacker..
I want what I can control .
@Shaded_One has many threads on organics and serious grows to back it.
Plus to paying not 1 minutes attention to pH in soil.
What a joke ...
I like the control and the time.

Boring just putting a plant in soil and watering every 5 days too.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I like the control and the time.

Boring just putting a plant in soil and watering every 5 days too.
I’m in and out of my tent at least 4-5 times a day lol, my plan will be to not water to runoff obviously so I can keep the microbes in the soil where they belong, at worst if something is going on I can flush and reapply a tea for instant uptake but I feel I’ll have a more enjoyable experience with the dry amendment route over the liquid ferts I used last grow I know I was building up salts in the soil and I now know that fox farm happy frog forgot to add the Ph buffer into the soil so that fully explains why I’d flush at 7.0 PH and by the next watering even fresh 7.0PH was getting runoff of low 6’s at best, hence why I used the medium I did and did the dry amendments and plan on the compost teas

@Observationist and @Aqua Man so I guess skip the molasses that works, just gotta follow up with what @steamroller said about checking out shaded’s posts about teas

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m in and out of my tent at least 4-5 times a day lol, my plan will be to not water to runoff obviously so I can keep the microbes in the soil where they belong, at worst if something is going on I can flush and reapply a tea for instant uptake but I feel I’ll have a more enjoyable experience with the dry amendment route over the liquid ferts I used last grow I know I was building up salts in the soil and I now know that fox farm happy frog forgot to add the Ph buffer into the soil so that fully explains why I’d flush at 7.0 PH and by the next watering even fresh 7.0PH was getting runoff of low 6’s at best, hence why I used the medium I did and did the dry amendments and plan on the compost teas

@Observationist and @Aqua Man so I guess skip the molasses that works, just gotta follow up with what @steamroller said about checking out shaded’s posts about teas
Molasses is good for teas but not to water in by itself. You also want to mindful of the dose used. Imo the plants provide all the startches and metabolites needed for your microbes

Observationist

Observationist

Teas will be where it’s at.
You’ll feed the microbes and they’ll feed the plant

If I was setting up organic soil

I’d just use ocean forest with added coco/perlite, and then use teas to feed.

Otherwise you’ll have buy a bunch of different shit and mix it your self

Ocean forest/promix
Coco/perlite
Sand
Vermiculite
Spaghum

Earthworm castings/ bat guano / kelp

Dolomite lime(?) ph buffer

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Teas will be where it’s at

You’ll feed the microbes and they’ll feed the plant
Yep that’s my plan keep the microbes happy and fed and they’ll keep the plants happy. I’ve seen such nice results from some growers using teas and if I can grow 100% organically I’d be happy as hell. That’s how I grow my vegetables why not my buds too!

Molasses is good for teas but not to water in by itself. You also want to mindful of the dose used. Imo the plants provide all the startches and metabolites needed for your microbes
Right, it would defenitly be in the tea and bubbled for 24 hours prior to use, basically if I decide to add it, use a very small amount

Really this set of autos is kinda my Guinea pig set prior to getting those photos running, I may keep 1 or 2 autos running all the time for a perpetual harvest etc but I’d like to be harvesting photos every 3 months or so if possible

Basically at 3 months have a new set of clones rooted and going

Observationist

Observationist

Yep that’s my plan keep the microbes happy and fed and they’ll keep the plants happy. I’ve seen such nice results from some growers using teas and if I can grow 100% organically I’d be happy as hell. That’s how I grow my vegetables why not my buds too!

Right, it would defenitly be in the tea and bubbled for 24 hours prior to use, basically if I decide to add it, use a very small amount

Really this set of autos is kinda my Guinea pig set prior to getting those photos running, I may keep 1 or 2 autos running all the time for a perpetual harvest etc but I’d like to be harvesting photos every 3 months or so if possible
Canucks grow on YouTube goes the organic route, uses Gaia green dry amendments

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I plan to veg them out as well as keep mothers in my makeshift tent with a few LED bars and then eventually hang one of the KingLED 1500’s in there

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Canucks grow on YouTube goes the organic route, uses Gaia green dry amendments and his bud looks pretty damn nice
Yeah I watch him all the time, I think I’ve seen every one of his videos, I’m also on his Patreon to see the bonus videos

Gaia green is sooo damn expensive plus I can’t get the soil here even online it appears, can only get the amendments in Amazon so I went with the fox farm dry amendments backseats I can get them and the soil at local stores as well as promix products if I decide to run the photos in coco (OMRI organic certified amendments only) and then teas for additional micro/macro neuts

My problem with coco is I can’t be there all day to water them I work 12-16 hour shifts and I’m scared They’d dry out on me lol

Top Bottom