Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Yeah I watch him all the time, I think I’ve seen every one of his videos, I’m also on his Patreon to see the bonus videos

Gaia green is sooo damn expensive plus I can’t get the soil here even online it appears, can only get the amendments in Amazon so I went with the fox farm dry amendments (OMRI organic certified amendments only) and then teas for additional micro/macro neuts
It’ll work

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Alfalfa provides some small amounts of triacontanol naturally… but im far from an organic guy and cant say it does well in pots
I bought a 1 lb bag of this to try out, I know I’m kinda throwing the kitchen sink at them this time but hey we’ll see how they do with it!

If I find some alfalfa seed I’ll toss some of that in too lol

Just figured I tried salt based liquids and I’ll try out the organic route and see how they do, anyone have expertise with How often coco dries out etc in different sized pots? If it is good for 24 hours then I wouldn’t mind but if it’s a 6 hour water cycle it won’t work for me without a water pump and drip irrigation etc

Observationist

Observationist

I bought a 1 lb bag of this to try out, I know I’m kinda throwing the kitchen sink at them this time but hey we’ll see how they do with it!

If I find some alfalfa seed I’ll toss some of that in too lol

Just figured I tried salt based liquids and I’ll try out the organic route and see how they do, anyone have expertise with How often coco dries out etc in different sized pots? If it is good for 24 hours then I wouldn’t mind but if it’s a 6 hour water cycle it won’t work for me without a water pump and drip irrigation etc
You’ll be fine with a day or two, but will depend on stage, size of pot and how much you can push em in the given space

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
You’ll be fine with a day or two, but will depend on stage, size of pot and how much you can push em in the given space
Oh a day or 2 I can handle as long as it’s not a few hour deal, sounds like I may need to start researching growing in coco lol, I just bought plastic 1 gallon pots and 5 gallon pots, was trying to find some 2 or 2.5 gallon pots for up-potting in between those

I’ll have to consider it I’ve seen some awesome results in coco around here

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well here’s the day 10 update (from when the first seedling broke soil) one is really behind but she decided to wear her cap a little too long and got a bit twisted but she’s coming around

Lights at about 40% at 20” PPFD at 350 from the shortest plant and about 390 to the tallest (Hindu Kush #2) this is the 2nd time I grew this strain and from the same pack of seeds from the first one, the first time around both plants looked a bit smaller than the one labeled Hindu Kush #1, for some reason #2 is at least double to triple what they where at 10 days last run might have a monster here lol

D2D324EF C7B6 4EDF B892 1C4F3870C482
F2B4C173 282B 4AA8 B95A 1EC2384E2BE8
A60228E6 ED63 4BDB AFCC B6DB8E38C5EE
5D5BCA5E 4CC6 4BEA 9076 B94FFB88B005
85C3E19F DD96 4C38 90C2 E87D440B8296
AFA82078 15CC 4C3D BB42 BE2B854395BE
5442C44A 1967 45BE A486 4D5817F18C0B
CC729B21 C83E 462D AD90 AB66613789DB
Kingamb

Kingamb

Well here’s the day 10 update (from when the first seedling broke soil) one is really behind but she decided to wear her cap a little too long and got a bit twisted but she’s coming around

Lights at about 40% at 20” PPFD at 350 from the shortest plant and about 390 to the tallest (Hindu Kush #2) this is the 2nd time I grew this strain and from the same pack of seeds from the first one, the first time around both plants looked a bit smaller than the one labeled Hindu Kush #1, for some reason #2 is at least double to triple what they where at 10 days last run might have a monster here lol
They look SO GOOD! 😁

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well I can say the node spacing on these are much better with this light than they where with my old lights

Decided to give them a bottom feed today (just plain water) really want those roots to stretch to the bottom and fill those pots up

6CFA1C75 2396 491D 84CB 7BDB00208B3D
D894749C AC6C 4063 BFB6 82001DAA0E36
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So while I was driving to work… I did a thing 😂😂😂

Plan will be to i only germ one of these and make a mother plant, if I can get away with not buying more seeds that would be awesome

It was between skywalker haze (can’t remember who’s genetics) or these and I really wanted to try the cookies lol

A0696804 E5E5 4638 8604 5EB85ED4171A
F3019B22 4A14 44AE 8F27 35B3BA6B957F
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So while I was driving to work… I did a thing 😂😂😂

Plan will be to i only germ one of these and make a mother plant, if I can get away with not buying more seeds that would be awesome

It was between skywalker haze (can’t remember who’s genetics) or these and I really wanted to try the cookies lol
I really like your style 💪 have 1 of each of these 2 weeks into flower meow 🤓

20220618 122139
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I really like your style 💪 have 1 of each of these 2 weeks into flower meow 🤓
I was looking at that mimosa x orange punch and also their blue gelato I almost grabbed that but I really wanted to try out a cookies variant and I love kushes so it was a no brainer lol, I was also looking at a skywalker haze but it was from a different breeder lol

This will be my mother tent/ veg tent it was my original grow tent till I got the AC infinity tent, and was used as a drying tent as well lol, I’m on my last midnight shift then over the weekend if I get time I’ll drop the floor on it straight to the ground and add some more bags lol I’d fix it correctly but it’s going to get moved next to the grow tent soon and has to be disassembled and then once it’s moved they will get vented together and then I’ll probably plywood the walls and caulk them so I can pull through the big tent, then that tent then out to the crawlspace but for now it’ll be fine to start some plants I have a few clones under a low powered led in there right now lol

38661AB7 B802 43C6 BC7D 9487E1015120
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yup. We see eye to eye again. Probably a dog person thing 🐕🤣 I woke at 4:20ish and made dunkin donuts original with coffeemate french vanilla creamer. Borderline heroin in these parts 😂
Sure am jealous you smart enough to be hittin your own supply still. I just went to dispensary last night and got these sugar cookies and some purple punch. Much better than the 14%thc grape og I bough last week that mine as well have been lawn clippings. I paid basically 35-40 a quad yesterday and the costs add up quick when you just light the shit on fire anyway 🤣 and to add insult to injury I have yet to have dispensary flower I enjoyed as much as what I grew. Lesson learned. If you grow it, they will come 🐸

20220909 042918
20220909 042852
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yup. We see eye to eye again. Probably a dog person thing 🐕🤣 I woke at 4:20ish and made dunkin donuts original with coffeemate french vanilla creamer. Borderline heroin in these parts 😂
Sure am jealous you smart enough to be hittin your own supply still. I just went to dispensary last night and got these sugar cookies and some purple punch. Much better than the 14%thc grape og I bough last week that mine as well have been lawn clippings. I paid basically 35-40 a quad yesterday and the costs add up quick when you just light the shit on fire anyway 🤣 and to add insult to injury I have yet to have dispensary flower I enjoyed as much as what I grew. Lesson learned. If you grow it, they will come 🐸

Yep....that's dispo weed alright! Soon you will be your own dispensary

PGR weed that looks like its been sprayed 😪

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nothing better than enjoying the fruits of your own labor! I’m just glad I finished my midnights and tonight it’ll be beer and joints with the wife, we’ll get lit and then lay in bed and watch stranger things haha, great show to watch after a heavy joint or 2 (as long as your buds don’t give ya paranoia haha)

But for now it’s off to the park with the kiddos!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Nothing better than enjoying the fruits of your own labor! I’m just glad I finished my midnights and tonight it’ll be beer and joints with the wife, we’ll get lit and then lay in bed and watch stranger things haha, great show to watch after a heavy joint or 2 (as long as your buds don’t give ya paranoia haha)

But for now it’s off to the park with the kiddos!
Hah true that and yeah that was a fly show for blazin no doubt. I give them props for holdin it together that many seasons.

Top Bottom