mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Yo mike nice pick up on the worm casting bin man! Damn that makes me want to pick one up as well. I don't know if your well versed in picking the right type of things to put in the worm bin(I don't know to much) but I know that egg shells help to balance out the acidity of the worm bin because EW like neutral environments. A plus is the eggshells contain calcium.

Those lace wings look narley:character0004:. Nice find on that as well.

M

mikegreenthumb

Yo mike nice pick up on the worm casting bin man! Damn that makes me want to pick one up as well. I don't know if your well versed in picking the right type of things to put in the worm bin(I don't know to much) but I know that egg shells help to balance out the acidity of the worm bin because EW like neutral environments. A plus is the eggshells contain calcium.

Those lace wings look narley:character0004:. Nice find on that as well.

the lace wings are fuckin those spider mites up its like beating up on a toddler no match i let out a decent amout of em for the first dose wish i could actually see em battling but so far it looks like they might have already wiped em out im kinda waiting to see but i got three bi weekly shipments of em coming so if they need another dose no worries if they dont need anymore ima release the rest in my outside garden's supposed to stick around they start as larve eat up all kinda bugs and mites and flys everything really they will even eat each other if nothing else around then goto winged buggers but lay eggs where they were and cycle repeats

the worm bin is hella cool ive been doing research and basically dont put acid fruit meat and some other stuff and just mix what you put in food 50/50 to some form of fiber witch can be all kinda diff paper cardboard and keep pieces small supposedly your garden will thrive on just worm teas i also researched worms i guess there are all type i got three pounds of red wigglers there supposed to put out 5-7-11 x value of nutes they eat in n-p-k so should be pretty potent fert im exited to see how it goes the bin even has a spout at the bottom for strait runoff witch is supposed to be ready to go tea

got it all set up and just waiting on worm they are supposed to arrive wed-fri

M

mikegreenthumb

picked up some blue sky cotton candy that is about 5 feet tall the other day that didnt make it in the pics ill include her next update

the worms have arrived in great shape and are already acclimated to enviro and devouring food should be too long till my plants are being fed nothing but compost tea so excited about the fact that ill be making my own fert saving myself a bunch of money not to mention the diy feeling you get and your saving the planet people it gets no better teaming with micro life humic fulvic acids already in there fert is readily availble to plants and supposed to be already in right ratio of n-p-k where i can just feed em that in veg and flower might need a bit more -n- for veg thou but we'll see

M

mikegreenthumb

the tallest one (last pic )is the blue sky cotton candy i picked up other day

justiceman

justiceman

Nice dude seems like you got a decent amount of girls outside. Glad to hear the worms are working out. That run off from the worm bin should be like gold man. I would start using it asap. I see your getting down on an airpot in the last pic. Nice choice. Those are suppose to be awesome. Kick up the N a bit buddy and you should be good.

M

mikegreenthumb

Nice dude seems like you got a decent amount of girls outside. Glad to hear the worms are working out. That run off from the worm bin should be like gold man. I would start using it asap. I see your getting down on an airpot in the last pic. Nice choice. Those are suppose to be awesome. Kick up the N a bit buddy and you should be good.

coolest part is the lil spout strait tea from the tap :rastadancing: i started with three pounds of red wiggler the norm is 1 pound or less so that i can start getting compost sooner and the bin doesn't have a prob housing em all cause of the multi trays they are just about throu the first tray and mainly working in the second now not gonna be the strongest fert in the first tray total maybe 1-2 pounds of food fed in that one i realized i had to many for one so started the second its upward migration so you add another tray on top start feeding in that one and all the worm go to where to food is abondoning the bottom trays leaving them full of castings with no need to seperate the worms i have four trays and you can go to 8 soon ill add another looks like every couple weeks i sould have a tray full of worm castings so prob gonna end up with surplus might trade/barder/give away and sell some if you want any id def be down send some free n u pay shipping

M

mikegreenthumb

going greene

new fert program is as follows pics included i have the worm factory that has a spicket for letacche aka worm tea and then the wormable trays its a four tray system im up to alot of worms at least 5 pounds now and all four trays i start a tray a week later its half done then i start another on thop of that so they can keep climbing up leaving the vermicompost in the trays that tey abandon travling upward for food the bottom two trays are done after a couple weeks but takes em a while to crawl up to new food so the very bottom tray is the one that i use for fert has min and sometimes no worms in it depending on how large pieces of food were like carrot stumps keep em things that take awhile to break down and too hard for em to bite

i grab a few scoops of the worm castings and throw em in a paint straining bag with molasses ive experimented with using earth juice catalist seems to work better then give it a day or two with an airstone in there tie the bag so it stays near top of water i add the worm tea that runs off to the bubbling mix as i get it i collect about a littler or two a day of worm tea from the spicket after about two days i remove the bag and stabalize the ph then i let it sit still bubbling the ph ushually stays stable doing it this way but if i add too much tea it drops so i check each time just to be sure i add molasses every two days to keep micro life alive and if tea sits for more than two or three weeks i throw it out and start again i just feed as needed from that res

Worm farm and nutes 001
Worm farm and nutes 002
Worm farm and nutes 003
Worm farm and nutes 004
Worm farm and nutes 005
Worm farm and nutes 007
Worm farm and nutes 012
C

c4NN4daze

This is awesome!!! I just got three earth boxes and am pumped to use them. I'm going to be using Just Right , new line of soil. LoOks bomb. Very nice post and pics. I also think the whole 11 week veg thing is brilliant and haven't heard or every thought of it. Super, makes great since. The higher canopy concept...good good. Thanks and much love from the Midwest Best! CD

M

mikegreenthumb

This is awesome!!! I just got three earth boxes and am pumped to use them. I'm going to be using Just Right , new line of soil. LoOks bomb. Very nice post and pics. I also think the whole 11 week veg thing is brilliant and haven't heard or every thought of it. Super, makes great since. The higher canopy concept...good good. Thanks and much love from the Midwest Best! CD

thanks bro i appreciate the kind words best of luck with your earth boxs send me a link if you start a journal and if you got any ?'s feel free pm me

justiceman

justiceman

dude that worm bin is awesome man! So the picture of the that vermicompost is the bin on the top correct? You said it's hard for the worms to break down certain things that are too big or hard. Interesting that is definitely something to consider. Maybe breaking up the scraps by hand before putting them in the bin might shorten the composting time a bit? Good Juicy info here. So what does the bottom tray look like? Completely black with no remaining uncomposted chunks? I'm loving that Worm tea you get from the spigot. i bet that stuff is worth GOLD.

So when the worms reach the top do you merely put that tray on the bottom so they can make their way back up again?

Makes me want to get a worm bin so bad. What kind of ingredients do you put in that bin. Worm bins are so versatile. Depending on the type of ingredients you can essentially create Veg EWC, and Bloom EWC haha.

I like how you keep that rez of worm tea bubbling at all times so you can feed as needed. Not a bad idea man!

M

mikegreenthumb

dude that worm bin is awesome man! So the picture of the that vermicompost is the bin on the top correct? You said it's hard for the worms to break down certain things that are too big or hard. Interesting that is definitely something to consider. Maybe breaking up the scraps by hand before putting them in the bin might shorten the composting time a bit? Good Juicy info here. So what does the bottom tray look like? Completely black with no remaining uncomposted chunks? I'm loving that Worm tea you get from the spigot. i bet that stuff is worth GOLD.

So when the worms reach the top do you merely put that tray on the bottom so they can make their way back up again?

Makes me want to get a worm bin so bad. What kind of ingredients do you put in that bin. Worm bins are so versatile. Depending on the type of ingredients you can essentially create Veg EWC, and Bloom EWC haha.

I like how you keep that rez of worm tea bubbling at all times so you can feed as needed. Not a bad idea man!

thanks justice, yeah im finding the whole process pretty awesome im just finding out about how you mentioned feeding different things make different ratios starting to dive into research on it lemme know if you come across anything on it , that pic is the top bin after about 2 days of being worked with about 2 pounds total food they are spawning and eating pretty quickly i started with three pounds and it looks like alot more in there they are in all four trays and it looks like i need to expand ...... i just ordered another 4 trays this week should be here mid week yeah once they are done with the top tray stick it on bottom and wait for them to look for food in the upper trays and they just leave black gold nothing but black gold(i'll get a shot of it next time i harvest should be soon) im getting about 12.5 pounds every two weeks - a month and soon will double that not totally sure about the numbers kinda guessing for now gonna work it out better after a lil more time with everything ...yeah that spicket and catch tray that drops the tea right out might just be my favorite part of the bin

i do chop up the food before putting it in i keep kitchen scissors near the bin and kinda hack it up to small pieces as i throw it in shorting the time alot as far as what kinda food i feed em pretty much anything that grows of has been grown or made from something grown so peanut butter sandwich leftover veggies tabe scraps (no meat dairy) dead leafs from growing thats fav part that they will eat dead root balls stems every part of plant i dont want they devour no more runs to off site garbage bins just that reason alone i love em people in apts now have a good way to get rid of all "evidence" easily completely the worm will eat half weight in food a day so 6 pounds of worms will eat 3 pounds of food a day

M

mikegreenthumb

the plants are responding well i mean very well to feeding of casting teas alone doesn't look like im going to need to supplement @ all ima take some picks tomorrow the bin is up to 7 trays now so the worn population should explode soon they were pretty much at capacity the lace wings seem to have done their job as well three treatments in and it looks like they are about 90-98% better pics say way more but my girl took my blackberry cord to work so i wont be able to update with pics till then ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom