mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Looking good mike! I haven't been around lately since I was away but now I'm back. Girls seems to look pretty good especially those ones in the back row. The others look hungry for N as you already stated, but other then that they should be good. Just up that NPK a bit and those girls should be loving life.

Nice pick up on the tent man! That should help to get the most out of your light.

M

mikegreenthumb

Looking good mike! I haven't been around lately since I was away but now I'm back. Girls seems to look pretty good especially those ones in the back row. The others look hungry for N as you already stated, but other then that they should be good. Just up that NPK a bit and those girls should be loving life.

Nice pick up on the tent man! That should help to get the most out of your light.

i feel like saying jinx or somethin lol

yeah i just uped the -N- on those girls last feeding now ima start feeding em all about the the same i hated not being able to handle individual shit (the earth box) its nice to just go and treat em and leave the rest alone

M

mikegreenthumb

just a lil progress report

think im about a week of flowering now most of the yellow is greening back up veg room getting back on track and clones should be fully rooted soon

M

mikegreenthumb

some of the latest purchases got a worm composting bin
41DXBvpAUKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and green lacewings they are like perana that eat everything that fuck with your plants spider mites white flys everything catapilars sap suckers the whole 9 and when they run outta those they are so vicous they will eat each other i suggest anyone who has any pest problems get them
full_greenlacewings.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good Mike! Get them girls some more N for the stretch... BTW, Those green lacewings look tuff!!! :fighting0087:

M

mikegreenthumb

Looking good Mike! Get them girls some more N for the stretch... BTW, Those green lacewings look tuff!!! :fighting0087:

thanks they are expected to arrive tomorrow ill update on how effective they are or aren't

yeah brewing some tea with a high n i had got em getting green then backed off should have kept up with the n lil premature backing off of it so ima hit em with a high n- dose tea in next couple days gotta wait till they are thirsty

aye shady finally got the digital ph pen also went with a fairly good one too so no more vials and drops and can dial it in alot more

B

Boomer242

just got sum bugs in my room so gonna check em out. i wanna see how the predator mites do but like ure point before; lacewings will eat everything. my predator mites specifically target spider mites but idk if theyll eat other bugs for sure.

S

Snafu

this is awesome i was gifted an earth box just like this from the local hydro store! great to see your grow :)

J

John Smith Esq.

damn bro i never realized wat all went into a true growbox setup. very interesting. idk much about it but sounds like ure next trial run will prove better results. maybe i can lend sum tips along the way. but im no pro either so hopefully i learn sum shit as well. goodluck happy growin

ditto - i thougth it was just a box with mud in it!! how naive i am...

Cheers for the info on the Bugs mike - i had no idea you could buy insects from amazon - is there anything the internet cant do??!

And finally good show with the newbies in their new pots looking all regimented! that must have taken some time to repot all them badboys. i hate re-potting/transplanting etc, i always seem to :swear it up..

M

mikegreenthumb

just got sum bugs in my room so gonna check em out. i wanna see how the predator mites do but like ure point before; lacewings will eat everything. my predator mites specifically target spider mites but idk if theyll eat other bugs for sure.

yeah im not totally sure its its spider mite white flys or both the damage looks like a combo witch is devastating in flowering alot of times and options for chemicals are limited or non existant for flowering plants so thats when i thought of lady bugs and then mantis's but neither would work for me from what i researched so i just googled for stuff that eats cannabis bugs dont remember exact search terms but i came across this page that had every benifical predatory mite/bug there arent to many its pretty much lady bugs mantis spiders these bugs just called predotor bugs or summin like that and green lacewings so i searched for em did some research found out about em found hella places that sold em online and just went with amazon cause well thought it was the best bet to not get ripped off

they should have been here today - friday latest so as soon as i start seeing how they do ill let ya know maybe i can even get some photos somehow either way ill update on how effective or ineffective they are

M

mikegreenthumb

this is awesome i was gifted an earth box just like this from the local hydro store! great to see your grow :)

i suggest using a real airy medium and using super soil save yourself alot of hassle do those two things and you'll be golden

M

mikegreenthumb

ditto - i thougth it was just a box with mud in it!! how naive i am...

Cheers for the info on the Bugs mike - i had no idea you could buy insects from amazon - is there anything the internet cant do??!

And finally good show with the newbies in their new pots looking all regimented! that must have taken some time to repot all them badboys. i hate re-potting/transplanting etc, i always seem to :swear it up..

so far i havent found anything the net cant do still testing it thou lol

it sure is a pain in the ass replanting all that shit and trying to keep the main rootball in tact it all worked out thou i knew it could just cause of how many times my dog (when a puppy)has dug up plants that i thought were done for and replanted gave a lil love and bounced right back shit some never even got stressed so they are pretty resiliant plant

B

Boomer242

yeah im not totally sure its its spider mite white flys or both the damage looks like a combo witch is devastating in flowering alot of times and options for chemicals are limited or non existant for flowering plants so thats when i thought of lady bugs and then mantis's but neither would work for me from what i researched so i just googled for stuff that eats cannabis bugs dont remember exact search terms but i came across this page that had every benifical predatory mite/bug there arent to many its pretty much lady bugs mantis spiders these bugs just called predotor bugs or summin like that and green lacewings so i searched for em did some research found out about em found hella places that sold em online and just went with amazon cause well thought it was the best bet to not get ripped off

they should have been here today - friday latest so as soon as i start seeing how they do ill let ya know maybe i can even get some photos somehow either way ill update on how effective or ineffective they are

i got my predator mites;Neoseiulus Californicus

and theyre microscopic so i cant even attempt to take a pic even with my DSLR cannon.

im gonna check into the lacewings also. im all about being stocked up on shit before it goes down. but def let me know how they work out

M

mikegreenthumb

im thinking with that lil microcope toy at toys r us it might work its up to 600x i think and is displayed on a tv so just might work get to see the war up close and personal i looked into those bugers also but im not sure if spider mites white flys or both so went with the lacewings lemme know how those work out thou i might have to use a combo

M

mikegreenthumb

are you speaking about subcool's supersoil mix?

and what medium do you recommend?

yeah im talkin bout sub cools super soil mix just cause its real difficult to get the ratio right of liquid ferts in there
and as far as soil goes if you have a nursery locally then start there and ask someone informed about some organic soil and add some perlite to that would be my suggestion then turn it to super soil using sub cools recipe

S

Snafu

thanks for the advice i am going to give 'er a run and see what comes

Top Bottom