mikegreenthumbs earthbox for flowering perepetual harvest grow

• Thread starter mikegreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kennie_B

You might check the ec level of your tap water, some tap water is so loaded with stuff you would never be able to know exactly what your giving them. Keep up the hard work!!!

justiceman

justiceman

there doing good gonna pull em in next couple weeks or so i was reading one of my mags treating yourself i think about when to harvest and the pics of soma from soma seed co had a lil burn on his personal garden so i dont feel as bad after that

ima def post some pics of the outdoor grow after the next time i check em i forgot the camera last time

i use soil and havent checked the ph in awhile i checked my tap water awhile back but i need a diff ph tester ima get a ph n ec a moister meter when i get the money in next couple weeks

Don't feel bad man. Your lucky enough to have gotten that far without a PH and EC pen. I'd says it's quite impressive you haven't measured them yet IMHO, but unfortunately without those measurements, everything ranging from identifying nutrient deficiencies, or lock out to fine tuning your fert regiment becomes somewhat like guess work unless you exclusively brew compost teas.

When you get one of those meters your plants will feel the difference and you will feel so in control and safe. It is as if they are protective talisman's guarding our plants well being.

M

mikegreenthumb

Mike I am diggin the Earthbox grow my dude! Forget that burn man, I think youre gonna get some very nice results -what kinda yields you expectin?
Weve had one for years that my parents run tomatos in and its amazing how well they perform in those things. Since seein the yields they can produce Ive wanted ta do a good sized run using em, did you see the article High Times did on growing in Earth Boxes?
Anyway Im probably gonna do a 5x 600w SOG run w/3 or 4 boxes under each light, maybe 10 plants per box with the coco chip/coir, perlite, and worm casting mix I usually run in pots. Im havin great results w/the Connoisseur line Im runnin now, I have a feelin itll really blow these Earth Boxs up! Have you heard anything about runnin beneficials in these?
Oh yea and whats the brand of the boxes your usin and where can I find em??? They look a lil bigger than the brand name ones and thats exactly what Im lookin for.

im hoping for around 6 oz per box i get em a my local nursery thats where they got em otherwise the net but i didnt wanna pay for shipping

the sea of green idea sounds like a great one far less watering than normal just make sure to go from clone or sex em before going into the box they are a bitch to get out once in and if the roots tangle or drop below the plastic at bottom forget about getting em back out

yeah it was a combination of the that (high times article and how big of a bitch my last run was to water that made me try em

if ur using coco i would def use some of that beni micro life stuff im using soil in mine whatever nutes you use i would make sure that they can also be used for hydro

M

mikegreenthumb

I think you need to up your feed levels, your girls look really hungry, what day are they at right now? I would ph the soil and up the feed levels it it were my crop. Good Luck! Either way you are doing well, keep it up! it only gets easier!

im real good at getiing levels right for soil i got the last earth box i added adjusted and being fed right i just fed em a low dose of high in nitrogen nutes just because of how bad the yellowing was still getting the dosage down with these box's

M

mikegreenthumb

Don't feel bad man. Your lucky enough to have gotten that far without a PH and EC pen. I'd says it's quite impressive you haven't measured them yet IMHO, but unfortunately without those measurements, everything ranging from identifying nutrient deficiencies, or lock out to fine tuning your fert regiment becomes somewhat like guess work unless you exclusively brew compost teas.

When you get one of those meters your plants will feel the difference and you will feel so in control and safe. It is as if they are protective talisman's guarding our plants well being.

ive had it down up till the switch to the boxs from feel really i pay close attention and this is not bragging its just to give reasoning why i believe in my ability to do this is that ive been tested with a well above genius iq and areas i excel is problem solving and pattern recognition witch lends itself well to doing this kind of thing however im not ashamed to admit when im confused and need a lifeline so ima dial a friend and get those meters asap

M

mikegreenthumb

You might check the ec level of your tap water, some tap water is so loaded with stuff you would never be able to know exactly what your giving them. Keep up the hard work!!!

yeah ima def get those meters asap wanted to get some other shit first had to get new fridge this month etc so moneys kinda tight ima get em soon thou

M

mikegreenthumb

not sure exactly how far into flowering on these gonna have to check the trichs for sure just to lemme know when im getting close i started getting first red hairs should be about three weeks or so left

April 10 001
April 10 002
April 10 054
April 10 051
April 10 048
April 10 045
April 10 044
April 10 043
April 10 041
April 10 038
April 10 014
April 10 020
April 10 021
April 10 022
April 10 025
April 10 026
April 10 029
April 10 030
April 10 032
April 10 033
April 10 013
April 10 008
April 10 005
April 10 004
M

mikegreenthumb

they look to be recovering from the burn and the nitrogen def so should be all good, looks like damage was minimized

R

Raiderfan420

lookin good Mike! They should really fatten up over the next few weeks.

N

Nada

nice job there. I really like what you are doing. Sog is definately the way to go in small areas like that.

Earthboxes are exellent too. Started growing in them... def a great and easy way to go...

M

mikegreenthumb

nice job there. I really like what you are doing. Sog is definately the way to go in small areas like that.

Earthboxes are exellent too. Started growing in them... def a great and easy way to go...

might wanna try some airstones in the res working wonders for me

C

chief greenleaf

I dont think a little N def will have much effect this far into flower, you should be fine.
So 6 per box huh, what are the dimensions on those boxes anyway? And youre runnin 4 boxes with how many watts of lighting???
Either way those buds are lookin nice man, they look pretty damn healthy ta me. Oh yea what brand are those boxes anyway?

M

mikegreenthumb

I dont think a little N def will have much effect this far into flower, you should be fine.
So 6 per box huh, what are the dimensions on those boxes anyway? And youre runnin 4 boxes with how many watts of lighting???
Either way those buds are lookin nice man, they look pretty damn healthy ta me. Oh yea what brand are those boxes anyway?

not the n def the leaf drop i lst hella fan leaves
8 per box the dimensions are like ...... just found on net 29" L x 13.5" W x 11" H. ..
i wanted to do four boxs too tight of a fit thou really i mean i could but i dont wanna pack em that full more trouble than worth
800 total watts 400 hps 400 halide for full spectrum
the brand are (earth box)
they are fairly healthy but i know i could have done alot better ima attach a pic of my last run in flower and you'll see what i mean tsee how much healthier everything was thats wut im used to this runs (the two front boxs) health is comparably pathetic

Almost week 7 033
012 9
Grow journal 002
021 3
009 8
M

mikegreenthumb

came into a lil extra money today so ima see bout that ppm moisture reader and might get a barometer

M

mikegreenthumb

well i got the ph and moisture meter got a good one (spent like 70$) the guy at hydro store said no point in testing my ppm because measures salt and my nutrients arent all salt based and wont give correct readout so its pointless from what he says ima research but sounds like he knows what hes talking about

anyway so the ph is about 6.7 readout has a .1 margin of error is why i say about , i'm right in the golden range so thats wuts up!!

M

mikegreenthumb

so heres some update pics took earlier today im very impressed with the earth box in the back i get picks as soon as i rotate the box's whenever that is lol (pain in the ass to do) the two in front are doing what there gonna do not the best ive done but should be on par for quality BUT yield WILL suffer a bit from the burn and leaf drop but live learn and get loves i guess

April 13 001
April 13 002
April 13 003
April 13 004
April 13 005
April 13 006
April 13 008
April 13 009
April 13 010
April 13 013
April 13 015
April 13 019