mills nutrients

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

Anyone using Mills nutrients yet? If so,,how does it compare to AN?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I haven’t tried it, but the local hydro just got a huge self of it in, haven't seen anyone using it or buying it yet, just way to many new nut companies popping up everywhere pushing their New state of the Art salt mixed into bottles of water...:wideyed:

P

ponyboy

its all actually great i dropped what i had got their line and am gonna hopefully find some things i like with there line! im also gonna be doing all organic with DEM and gonnna be brewing some teas! will keep ya updated on that also im trying to get some new mothers to mother stage also

P

ponyboy

what i was getting at tho is DEM has this lush roots product like there start r but great for cuttings seedlings clones transplants etc

S

ssteely71

The local hydro shop where I live owns Mills. I'm curious how it does. They push it as a top of the line nute series and say it was designed for drip and aeroponic systems. Let us know how it does please.

MediNice

MediNice

I just completed a test grow with it.
-Large plants ranging from light to heavy feeders. Fed dtw on auto drip twice per day at 20% runoff in 15 gallon containers. EC of runoff was measured every two days. The solution was mixed to last 7-12 days. The Light strength chart was followed to a "T."

Balance- No deficiencies, but if you follow the chart, you may notice an overdose of N for the first few weeks of flower. IMO this attributed to the chart recommending too much Start-R which also resulted in looser than normal buds.

Bling- very nice!

Smell- Not organic but better than AN, H & G, Cyco, General Organics or PBP. Nothing like Canna with Boost Accelerator (hard to beat for a synth/ natural combo fert.

Reservoir Stability- I wouldn't recommend mixing this up to last for more than a few days. pH rose at least 0.3 per day. A recirculatory pump is also necessary to avoid the salts or organics falling out of suspension, even with heavy air infusion. The EC at the bottom of an uncirculated tank was consistently 0.2-0.5 lower.

The biggest lie about the nutrient- Mad salt buildup on reservoir walls and pumps. Worse than any nutrient I have ever used besides miracle grow (its okay to laugh, we have all likely been there for some plant in our lives.) I thought Cyco was bad on Salt buildup....

Would I use it again? Yes, but under modified conditions. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT WE READ.

rawman

rawman

im 2 weeks in with mills and like it so far myself but also have kept it as detailed. How long were rezs sitting for salt build up like that? Mine don't sit more then 1-2 days maybe that's why I haven't noticed.

socalpunx

socalpunx

I have used it before I got a bunch for free.I had no problems with it

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

I haven't noticed any salt build up on the bottles when I spill some, I think its a pretty clean line.

I'm liking thus far my ogs seem to be stack in pretty nice with mills. I'll know more once I finish up this run with it.

MediNice is right can't go wrong with canna

MediNice

MediNice

A reservoir would last 7-10 days. I observed salt rings from every feed. Kinda cool actually. I was able to measure my 150 gallon in each feeds increments due to it.

Its a nice line, but for my style it doesn't work well. IMO its more designed for hand watering soil with an average plant in mind. If you need to specifically tailor a certain variety, another company's supplements might need to be used. Ill be running it one more time with a fresh set of bottles and Cyco Silica to stabilize the pH. Mills sure isn't concentrated compared to a few other lines out there. I exhausted 20 liters of each base and several 5 liters of the supplements for my tester 4K.

My well water is clean at 40 ppm. In the past I have had issues at another location regarding rising pH. The well had low ppm water but it had a high iron content. This phenomenon does not occur at this site. I have never seen such a high pH swing on any other line besides Soul Synthetics.
Anyone else having this problem?

R

redlife215

Here's a house of funk arctic fallout grown with mills. I have pics of white nightmare, green crack and high octane from the same grow if u r interested to see em let me know. Mills was easy to use and I thought it tastes better then h&g with less additives
20140915 114353

R

redlife215

I wish I knew I haven't been able to smoke alot of what I grow lately goes out the door too quick. I smoked the og from the same run and it was nice, Def cleaner tasting then the h&g shit I was using before

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Hope mills does me good like it did you.
Did mills yield good compared to H&G or about the same

R

redlife215

I would say same, I was running a different room then my hg run, different style I grew less plants but vegged em longer. I will do a side by side run with em next time compared to aptus and heavy 16, I don't use h&g anymore too chemical tasting imho

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Cant wait to see the side by side show go down. It will be interesting to watch it go down

Top Bottom