• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What i miss is the slow times during seedling and young veg where i dont have to do anything for a week at a time. This way half the garden needs attention every day.

But right now i am smoking a bong with 2 different crosses in it and kief with even more plants resin in it sprinkled on top.

Time to get quite high.

That is a bonus of growing everything at the same stage. For 80% of the grow I only REALLY need to go in there every 4 days or so to water. Even longer at the beginning.

My thing is finding strains that finish roughly at the same time so I dont have to monocrop. So boring smoking one strain only. 2 isnt bad, but I'm working on getting 3-4 varieties in there again.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That is a bonus of growing everything at the same stage. For 80% of the grow I only REALLY need to go in there every 4 days or so to water. Even longer at the beginning.

My thing is finding strains that finish roughly at the same time so I dont have to monocrop. So boring smoking one strain only. 2 isnt bad, but I'm working on getting 3-4 varieties in there again.

I did that at first with all easy to grow 8 week flowering strains. Timing on the perpetual worked out well too but i got on the search for the old school high and ended up with sour diesel and thai crosses. Now the timing is all over the place. Lol.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I meant to update about the gnats.

Tomorrow is 2 weeks of treatment. Although i only began saturating the pots about 10 days ago with the infused mosquito dunk (BTi) water.

And in conjunction with the yellow sticky cards hung at the bottom of the plants right over the soil I had only 2 little annoying flyers visible last night during work in there.

Maybe 20 or 30 total gnats caught this week.

Last few weeks more than a few flyers emerged from the top of the pot and drain holes and were increasing in numbers each watering.

I will continue treatment and use the yellow sticky cards regularly from now on for control.

I understand it takes 30 days to be sure all gnats and eggs and larvae are gone.

I will use up the rest of the soil and keep treating till its gone and i see no gnats. Then buy soil at a trusted inside climate controlled source where i have had no problems.

Learned my lesson. How the bags of soil are stored is even more important than what brand of mix we use.
I completely agree, I have been fighting a small gnat problem. I had to make up a new batch of soil the other day, I cooked the crap out of it until the inside temp was 185- 200. So far so good with that batch, after cooking I mixed in a bunch of de into it. And i sprinkle some on top of the soil after each watering

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol same here. It's why I'm growing Blueberry now for the thai genetics. We will see how long she takes to ripen. Hopefully it lands in that 9 week range. It did when I grew it 20 years ago.
I did that at first with all easy to grow 8 week flowering strains. Timing on the perpetual worked out well too but i got on the search for the old school high and ended up with sour diesel and thai crosses. Now the timing is all over the place. Lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I completely agree, I have been fighting a small gnat problem. I had to make up a new batch of soil the other day, I cooked the crap out of it until the inside temp was 185- 200. So far so good with that batch, after cooking I mixed in a bunch of de into it. And i sprinkle some on top of the soil after each watering

Not sure if you can find it but in Canada I just found a product called "pots and plants premium all purpose potting soil" that is heat sterilized, and otherwise almost exactly like promix. I'm using it for the next run but a buddy tells me hes been using it for a year now without a single bug.
We can buy it at home hardware, peavey mart, Rona, places like that.

20190401 195528

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats a good way to handle it if you are going to fertilize regularly but i think there is great benefit to organic style soil that is live when you plant in it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wholeheartedly agree. I plan to inoculate my sterilized soil with a strong dose of AACT and extra worm castings for the bennies. Not living soil exactly, but the next best thing.
Thats a good way to handle it if you are going to fertilize regularly but i think there is great benefit to organic style soil that is live when you plant in it.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Wholeheartedly agree. I plan to inoculate my sterilized soil with a strong dose of AACT and extra worm castings for the bennies. Not living soil exactly, but the next best thing.
I add microbes , bennies, etc after sterilizing it. I basically make up a super soil, sterilize it and re add the microbes , bunnies, etc. I also mix mykos in with the soil after sterilizing it to start off the microbes until I plant in it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you drop some knowledge with your plant training? Your plants just look amazing. I plan to do the same with clones.

Thank you. In the middle to bottom of linked page below shows how I bend and tie the plants. I do it week 2 of flower. I dont train in veg i grow them to about 16” tall and then move them to flower room.

Only if they get too tall waiting for a spot in the flower room will I bend or top in veg.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/mimed’s-perpetual-thread.102720/page-7

Here are some more pics.

I use soft wire tie amd bamboo stakes.

Brace the main stem so the roots dont pull out.
D5375D8F 7864 44F0 9F02 544F7350D6E5

Bend main stem and tie down
F2146F53 4AC3 420F 9EF8 A6D82A4A6AEC

Lower branches will now grow up. Needs to be bent more if it grows up faster than the side branches. Arrange branches as needed.
77D69CC7 9452 424C 89EB FCA7FB1485E9

I will use a combination of LST and supercropping if they stretch to tall. I want the plants tops max 30” above pot for the 600’s to be able to bud up the plant all the way down to the pot.

Here she is at harvest.

572CA62E 8F18 483E B7A4 B1BC2CBAABC7

52BB5ADF A6A4 42E5 AFD4 54B7C5B83537

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Trimming BLT 4 today. The branches are huge for an indoor girl. Gonna be a few hours of work. Im missing the nice sunny day out. Maybe i can get a bike ride in later on.

3228E05A F90C 431C 8A56 E162C6F5E7B2
AF62AAC8 166C 444A 9526 66B2DCC60DC1
EB0D6C5A 2A90 4803 A498 816FFE456C83
A0E02E59 CE7D 4E95 BA8C 92EDC5ADD582

Sample toke is quite potent and mostly smooth already. Dried 10 days in closet. Starting to feel an uplifting high. Its a creepin’ in. :-)

Phylex

Phylex

I have had a lot of practice. :)

I took tons of breaks. I can do 2oz an hour on average. But this is one benefit of the staggared perpetual harvests. Never more than 6-10 oz at a time.
6-10 oz. still sounds like a lot to me considering I probably trim @ 1/2 oz. an hr. And my trimming still sucks apparently. My buddy was making fun of it. I'd swear when it's time to trim, time slows down and I move like pond water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom