Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody116

Nobody116

You need to get a cheap hand held microscope, 20X is really all you need.
Then you can see when it's ready for realz.

The trichs never lie ;)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know you hate Mars. They screwed me. That being said can you help me find out if the plant is ready for harvest
Week 11 of 8 weeks according to seed bank View attachment 940386

I understand if you think it is spam. It's just me asking you a question

Your plants are not spam. Lol. Mars is ruining our forum with a bunch of outside noobs trying to win lights. I was a sales manager. I get the reps have a job to do. But it doesnt even stay in their threads already. Annoying!

Anyway. Your flower is still growing thick white pistils. That means more bud is growing. I bet there are new clear trichomes wherever there are white pistils.

When most of them have died back then you check the trichomes with a scope or loup and harvest when the trichs on the buds themselves not the bud leaves (they go amber early) are as close to 100% cloudy as possible.

Looks like a couple weeks more. My first “90 day autoflower” took nearly 5 months total. Well one of them did. They ranged from 3 -5 months from seed to harvest.

Breeder times can be ignored. Seed plants can be very different.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You need to get a cheap hand held microscope, 20X is really all you need.
Then you can see when it's ready for realz.

The trichs never lie ;)

Yeah they do sort of. You can check trichs too early. More clears develop with new calyx. I dont bother checking until the plant has stopped growing, the white pistils are mostly died back and the plant has that done look. Then it still always takes a week more to be all cloudy with a few amber.

The more patient i have become the more powerful and long lasting the high.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah they do sort of. You can check trichs too early. More clears develop with new calyx. I dont bother checking until the plant has stopped growing, the white pistils are mostly died back and the plant has that done look. Then it still always takes a week more to be all cloudy with a few amber.

I bought a 30x mag with light for $10 Cdn. I don't find it powerful enough. I don't understand the science behind it but why can't I get a large 60x with light rather than a small pea hole to try and focus through like with the cheap loop's.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I bought a 30x mag with light for $10 Cdn. I don't find it powerful enough. I don't understand the science behind it but why can't I get a large 60x with light rather than a small pea hole to try and focus through like with the cheap loop's.

I found the perfect larger eyepiece scope. I like it so much i bought backups.

Give me a minute....

Here ya go

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Your plants are not spam. Lol. Mars is ruining our forum with a bunch of outside noobs trying to win lights. I was a sales manager. I get the reps have a job to do. But it doesnt even stay in their threads already. Annoying!

Anyway. Your flower is still growing thick white pistils. That means more bud is growing. I bet there are new clear trichomes wherever there are white pistils.

When most of them have died back then you check the trichomes with a scope or loup and harvest when the trichs on the buds themselves not the bud leaves (they go amber early) are as close to 100% cloudy as possible.

Looks like a couple weeks more. My first “90 day autoflower” took nearly 5 months total. Well one of them did. They ranged from 3 -5 months from seed to harvest.

Breeder times can be ignored. Seed plants can be very different.

Thank you brother. I know you said seed banks are off that's why I am at 80 days. I will pull it another two. I remember you said it's not overdoing a grow it"s pulling it early that screws you. Thank you brother

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

So true. Trichs are what we are farming and they tell the tale... except that those are just the ones we see outside the plant. I always look at the growing tip on the buds to see if there is fresh new green. If there is, I don’t look at the trichs. They could have gotten burned by lights or damaged another way to turn. Once you’re sure the bud has stopped growing and then examine the decline of the trichs to pick at the perfect time. If in doubt let it go another few days.

Jamie73

Jamie73

If you happen to have a harbour freight store near by. You can get all different shit to look at perfection that you've grown. Huge 10x 4x4 with handle. Crystal clear no squinting 3$ Jewelers Loupes 2-8$

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here are some pics of the buds from the previously burned Toxic Blue 33 plant. Not as many as i hoped for but the quality is there. Strong citrus smell on this one. Likely the overnuting influenced that. Just a theory. ;-)

98F00D45 AA4E 4EA2 8710 5CE2B044A98F
2E96B0DD C7AA 47FE B4D8 81162BC16850
044044CE 99B7 4CE9 96E6 F7947E555822
78336E56 9DCC 4C4F 9528 E21B7114CC69

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Been using one of these for a few years, they're great if you chop a bud off and put it on the table, but trying to use it freehand gets a little shaky though!

I hear ya! I can take the plant out and put it on the kitchen table to look at it eye level or so. And in regular light.

But for how long? I have had glasses all my life. My vision has degraded.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Here are some pics of the buds from the previously burned Toxic Blue 33 plant. Not as many as i hoped for but the quality is there. Strong citrus smell on this one. Likely the overnuting influenced that. Just a theory. ;-)

View attachment 940488View attachment 940491View attachment 940496View attachment 940499

I see what you mean beautiful girls. L
So true. Trichs are what we are farming and they tell the tale... except that those are just the ones we see outside the plant. I always look at the growing tip on the buds to see if there is fresh new green. If there is, I don’t look at the trichs. They could have gotten burned by lights or damaged another way to turn. Once you’re sure the bud has stopped growing and then examine the decline of the trichs to pick at the perfect time. If in doubt let it go a few more days.

I'll definitely do that. Easier to water a plant that stopped growing than to screw up so close to the finish line

THCMonster

THCMonster

Here is a recent harvest.

Warlock x Vintage 2006

Warlock is a famous plant by Magus Genetics and Vintage 2006 is an early CH9 plant with a cubed mix of Sensei Seeds Jack Herrer, Power Plant, Hash Plant and Afghani I believe the ch9 hybrid.

The seeds were old and in the original paper pack (later used foil sealed packs) and i had some trouble germinating amd as a seedling. But she pulled through that and a few nutrient stress/ recovery weeks we had.

Took 12 weeks to finish with the issues but she came out great.

Straight out of Flower Room
View attachment 860452

With camera flash
View attachment 860453

One of the many big top buds.
View attachment 860454

Fan and small loose leaves removed for harvest. Camera flash on
View attachment 860477

Camera flash off
View attachment 860478

Hung dry cut up branches with bud leaves intact 9 days. Jarred about a week now. (whats left lol patients have no patience).

Smells strong citrus. Tastes like pineapple and has a flying expansive head high that settles into a mild warm body buzz after a while. Not to be smoked before bed this one.

Thats Michigans finest right there! Love the cola's! Great job man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom