Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Bending my plants week 1 or 2 in flower definitely adds at least a week to my flowering.

And so does my use of grow nutes through flower.

But the quality and yield is higher so not worth than trying to save a couple weeks to me.
frost at my house last year came kinda early ...like end of sept. early and then the night time lows can very but it gets chilly even without freezing effectively slowing my plant's down so much that by the time another frost comes it hasnt gained much....end result not to good as far as potency....the tops are often good but rest of plants kinda junky ...I will be trying some strains for my climate next season for sure....now that i see lotsa people are ordering seeds with success these days........I was mostly wondering if anyone else observed if the plants went faster in there natural state...always looking to cheat mother nature at her game because she has me on a time limit each year

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

frost at my house last year came kinda early ...like end of sept. early and then the night time lows can very but it gets chilly even without freezing effectively slowing my plant's down so much that by the time another frost comes it hasnt gained much....end result not to good as far as potency....the tops are often good but rest of plants kinda junky ...I will be trying some strains for my climate next season for sure....now that i see lotsa people are ordering seeds with success these days........I was mostly wondering if anyone else observed if the plants went faster in there natural state...always looking to cheat mother nature at her game because she has me on a time limit each year
It seems plants always drag their life out as long as possible outside !
If i need to harvest earlier (due to weather often ) you can garbage bag yours plants with thick black bags and trick you plants into thinking its becoming darker earlier at night .

thus causing them to kick into flower earlier , however is a bit labour intensive.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

It seems plants always drag their life out as long as possible outside !
If i need to harvest earlier (due to weather often ) you can garbage bag yours plants with thick black bags and trick you plants into thinking its becoming darker earlier at night .

thus causing them to kick into flower earlier , however is a bit labour intensive.
Yep it is.... That's how I'm doing my SSH sort of... I've used a large dark plastic garbage.... can just can't let the plant get too big

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

2 Critical Mass x Blue Lemon Thai transplanted up to 1 gallon nursery pots tonight. And the pair of Pow 33’s look like they are going into 3’s next watering.

Time to plant a new seed. :-)

271FB679 3389 43BB A822 54D2E76FFE0F

alohafred

alohafred

Harvested the first of two Chemdog SKVA x Bag of Oranges this evening.

Not my best work. Never fully recovered from the nute problem. Been picking dying leaves the last 2 weeks.

But the buds are dense heavy and smell fantastic! Definite gas and citrus permeated our whole house while cutting her up.

View attachment 981096View attachment 981098View attachment 981100View attachment 981101View attachment 981102

Please ignore the mess. Mrs. MMG went shopping today.
Nice buds! I'm in my second med grow. At what point are you trimming fan leaves and why? Also, what's a must nutrient for flowering? I'm using Fox Farms Tiger and Big Bloom. Much Thanks for any assist.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice buds! I'm in my second med grow. At what point are you trimming fan leaves and why? Also, what's a must nutrient for flowering? I'm using Fox Farms Tiger and Big Bloom. Much Thanks for any assist.

I dont ever trim leaves unless they are more than half dead or overlapping and staying wet. I space plants out for light penatration and also move and rotate them regularly.

And i dont use a bloom ratio nute. Only a base complete balanced grow nute.

Used to use pure blend pro grow and ocean forest with extra perlite and now trying dyna grow foliage pro and protekt in pro mix hp.

Also i dont flush before harvest. I simply taper down the strength of the nutes as they need less and less during ripening.

The reason my plants were deficient was likely a gallon of pure blend pro i had for too long and went bad.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Man its hot this week here. I have the growroom and the tent open as its been pushing my limit since dinner was cooked. Old cabin needs insulation. I may have the foam sprayed in the small attic and be done with it. Its low and cramped. One side of the house was from the early 1900’s and the other probably addednin the 60’s. It was an old one room lake cabin originally.

Anyway I took a couple pics through the open doors just now and i thought it looked cool. Maybe cooler from my stoned ass perspective in reality than the pics but oh well here they are.;

C0ADD643 BB21 46FC A7D5 729104CF88E7
34802FA8 F3BC 4E8E 8AE4 12EA8938DE1D

The brownie I ate an hour and a half ago is hitting real hard about now. Whew!

Hope you are all feeling good :-)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man its hot this week here. I have the growroom and the tent open as its been pushing my limit since dinner was cooked. Old cabin needs insulation. I may have the foam sprayed in the small attic and be done with it. Its low and cramped. One side of the house was from the early 1900’s and the other probably addednin the 60’s. It was an old one room lake cabin originally.

Anyway I took a couple pics through the open doors just now and i thought it looked cool. Maybe cooler from my stoned ass perspective in reality than the pics but oh well here they are.;

View attachment 994897View attachment 994898

The brownie I ate an hour and a half ago is hitting real hard about now. Whew!

Hope you are all feeling good :-)
Looking great man. I feel ya on the heat probably worse there bit over 40c today with the humidex here

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I gotta say. Using many month jar cured trim and small buds to make coconut oil for baked goods has given me some incredible complex highs. Im surely tripping some. It seems awfully hard to write this. Helps to do some bong tokes along the way. :-)

Anyway the point is that multiple strains mixed together gives a more diverse set of canabanoids and terps which result in a stronger and more complex high.

For me anyway. My brother in law says he cant tell the difference just if he is high or not. I guess like a scale. Some high to blown out high.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dude yes! I know you're not a fan of dabbing but the effect is even more pronounced that way. As are the effects of dipping a dab in cbd/cbg/cbn isolates.

But hell yeah. If my ears aren't ringing, I'm not high enough. ☄

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well everyone my long lasting nutrient problems are actually root aphids. I looked and looked for months and never saw an aphid or any white discharge or noticed if a gnat in the yellow sticky cards was actually a root aphid flier.

Well i have them for sure. Couldnt get a clear pic or vid but i know the little white bugs on the inside edge and top edge of rhe pot i jist watered are them.

Please any advice would be much appreciated!!!

I threw out the highly infested headband i just watered :-(. Well i put it outside.

Help!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well everyone my long lasting nutrient problems are actually root aphids. I looked and looked for months and never saw an aphid or any white discharge or noticed if a gnat in the yellow sticky cards was actually a root aphid flier.

Well i have them for sure. Couldnt get a clear pic or vid but i know the little white bugs on the inside edge and top edge of rhe pot i jist watered are them.

Please any advice would be much appreciated!!!

I threw out the highly infested headband i just watered :-(. Well i put it outside.

Help!!!
Sorry to hear that bro. I wish I could help

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry to hear that bro. I wish I could help

I think i am going to root drench with azamax or something. I have two plants just starting to bloom heavy that are obviously quite infected and 3 plants to be harvested in the next 2 weeks.

I guess i will nurse whats left and harvest so i dont lose everything and set up my unused gorilla shorty 4x8 in the basement and start a new crop under my 315 cmh. Then move the 600’s to the tent for flowering.

Sound like a plan?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think i am going to root drench with azamax or something. I have two plants just starting to bloom heavy that are obviously quite infected and 3 plants to be harvested in the next 2 weeks.

I guess i will nurse whats left and harvest so i dont lose everything and set up my unused gorilla shorty 4x8 in the basement and start a new crop under my 315 cmh. Then move the 600’s to the tent for flowering.

Sound like a plan?
I know nothing about bugs 😞.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Have you read up on BotaniGard? Supposed to be great for root aphids. It is an insecticide composed of the living fungus Beauveria bassiana, which infects and kills the aphid and then releases spores to infect and kill of the next victims. Never used or had experience with it but thought I’d try to help a bit. Hope you resolve your issue MiMed.
Burnz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom