Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dude that opening is unreal lovely to see Couples that having the same mind set !

Couples that grow together stay together

All the best to you both bro

STAY FROSTY 🥶

BSG

Mrs. MMG has her own career as a cosmetician at a salon and is going to school now too to get a teaching license as well.

But she loves the plant too and has been much more helpful and supportive than most wives i hear about.

And thanks again bro. I keep things simple but try my best each plant.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Dude that opening is unreal lovely to see Couples that having the same mind set !

Couples that grow together stay together

All the best to you both bro

STAY FROSTY 🥶

BSG
Hey Mimed, What lux numbers do you like to see over your plants? I bought a new cheap Visosun 1000 w hps after using a Eye Hortilux. When the light came it had black ends like used lamps do and I'm only getting 30,000 - 31,000 lux over my canopy . I can't remember what numbers I was getting of the Hortilux but 30,000 seems low for a new lamp

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey Mimed, What lux numbers do you like to see over your plants? I bought a new cheap Visosun 1000 w hps after using a Eye Hortilux. When the light came it had black ends like used lamps do and I'm only getting 30,000 - 31,000 lux over my canopy . I can't remember what numbers I was getting of the Hortilux but 30,000 seems low for a new lamp

I never had a light meter. But even hortilux 600’s se bulbs are said to have almost 90000 lumens.

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Mrs. MMG has her own career as a cosmetician at a salon and is going to school now too to get a teaching license as well.

But she loves the plant too and has been much more helpful and supportive than most wives i hear about.

And thanks again bro. I keep things simple but try my best each plant.
Bro what more can we ask for we try we fail we try again 👍🏼

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I never had a light meter. But even hortilux 600’s se bulbs are said to have almost 90000 lumens.
I think they sent me a used bulb. I bumped my balast up to 110% but the plants are too close for that. 30 years in the electrical business and I never saw a new light with black ends. I guess that's why it was $48 and not $128 like the Eye hortilux were the last I looked

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think they sent me a used bulb. I bumped my balast up to 110% but the plants are too close for that. 30 years in the electrical business and I never saw a new light with black ends. I guess that's why it was $48 and not $128 like the Eye hortilux were the last I looked

Bulbs have gone way up in price. And i cant seem to get hold of plantlightinghydroponics since the pandemic started. They had the best proce on new hortilux. It was $65 shipped each all these years.

This time i bought ushios on amazon for 55 each.

The base had black but no more than any trade photo i found and it shows up high on my cheap 3 way moisture light ph meter. But i only use the meter to see if it shows in range and when they degrade and dont.

Not very accurate but i have not had a bad bulb since i bought plantmax for $35 years ago. That bulb lit funny and then failed. Only cheap chinese bulb i have used.

Madmax

Madmax

Those girls look great..Im super keen to watch and learn from you MIMedGrower how close you put them to the 315 and many other things i need to understand..mycmh isnt dimmable so havnt the faintest where to set it in a couple weeks..

Cheers max

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Those girls look great..Im super keen to watch and learn from you MIMedGrower how close you put them to the 315 and many other things i need to understand..mycmh isnt dimmable so havnt the faintest where to set it in a couple weeks..

Cheers max

Well at full blast with the sun system open vertical reflector and remote ballast outside the 3x3 tent i needed 40” above seedlings. 36” above 1 gallon transplanted teenagers and about 24” above mature 5 week old veg plants.

Peak flowering i tend to keep 18”-20” over the canopy. FYI 16” is supposed to be max par with my kit according to sun system. I got stress even in my open flower room that close.

And i could get closer in veg in the ipen space conpared to the closed reflective tent.

Also the open 315 runs about the same temp as my glass enclosed air cooled 600’s and has grown a pound in a 3x3 space. Well 15 oz dense buds and an ounce of looser lowers.

It is easily 2/3 as much usable light as the 600 hps.

Madmax

Madmax

Thankyou..that helps greatly MIMedGrower..ive read that the vertical is more intense than a horizontal fixture so maybe i could go a fraction lower..verticals do 90x90 and horizontals 1.2 x1.2.. is what iv read...ive been thinking of buying a dimmable ballast but ive spent too bloody much lol..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bulbs have gone way up in price. And i cant seem to get hold of plantlightinghydroponics since the pandemic started. They had the best proce on new hortilux. It was $65 shipped each all these years.

This time i bought ushios on amazon for 55 each.

The base had black but no more than any trade photo i found and it shows up high on my cheap 3 way moisture light ph meter. But i only use the meter to see if it shows in range and when they degrade and dont.

Not very accurate but i have not had a bad bulb since i bought plantmax for $35 years ago. That bulb lit funny and then failed. Only cheap chinese bulb i have used.
$65 Usa = $100 Cdn + the Cdn for what ever reason mark up but then there is Amazon

Notice no black ends on any bulb.... I gotta complain to the fkers and stop bitching here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Got the veg tent set up with the Sun System remote 315 lec reflector and a phillips 3100k bulb i had with a years use on it.

Should be good for 6 months more at least.

Anyone know why the lines appear in pics with the cmh on? I swear my old phone did not show these. I posted a lot of clear pics. I noticed it on the brand new bulb i have but not as severe.

916E665B E9E2 4913 B8BC 652A9A065FDE

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got the veg tent set up with the Sun System remote 315 lec reflector and a phillips 3100k bulb i had with a years use on it.

Should be good for 6 months more at least.

Anyone know why the lines appear in pics with the cmh on? I swear my old phone did not show these. I posted a lot of clear pics. I noticed it on the brand new bulb i have but not as severe.

View attachment 1026301
Looking good. All my phones do that with HID and computer screens. Also my ink bird controllers. For some reason my hlg is never an issue... maybe camera settings?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looking good. All my phones do that with HID and computer screens. Also my ink bird controllers. For some reason my hlg is never an issue... maybe camera settings?

I read it was the low frequency square wave ballast. But it has to be camera settings that can avoid it. I dont have much adjustment available on my iphone x camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom