Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think from memory the lumatek has better specs than the Gravita.
Specs I can respect but results are something i cannot ignore. Honestly if I had seen enough results that compare I would be more likely. They Honestly look like a top notch light bro... not denying that nor deny9mg they could pull as good or better tields. Just the fact that I don't know that.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Specs I can respect but results are something i cannot ignore. Honestly if I had seen enough results that compare I would be more likely. They Honestly look like a top notch light bro... not denying that nor deny9mg they could pull as good or better tields. Just the fact that I don't know that.
I don't think you would be disappointed with either light mate.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The takeaways I have from the gavitas is this. More diodes and "minimally optimal" power is the way to go. It allows the diodes to live twice, three times longer, keeping luminosity degradation curve that we all know exist in even HPS/MH lighting systems.

Custom builds are the way forward.

Doing that with a passive heating system, and paring that with the optimum spectrums/ratios highest PPF and PPE μmol/J plus the ability to "dial" it in, is a huge leap forward IMO. It's about as good as it gets. Personally, I think custom units would be the way to go. You could even do something with cooling systems, run copper pipes for example and attach lights to that, it would mitigate every bit of heat. Even room temperature water would work, with it circulating to another room, into a coil with fans, either way, it could be entirely environmentally controlled, or shutting it down, so that the heat remains inside, could be electronically regulated even.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
LPs are buying these up left right and center.

Just a caveat on that. I don't know how it is up north but the in the legal spots you get kind of limited on what you can run because of UL and all that jazz. So you cant really throw stuff together. Not saying that's the sole reason it's just that kind of takes a lot of options off the table from the get go. That and warranties.

After the big warehouse fire here that killed some people fire marshal's went hard and started calling everyone on everything. UL. MH fixtures with no glass ect. Also some of the reason Solistek, Nano and others came out with v2's and v3's of there current offerings.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think from memory the lumatek has better specs than the Gravita.

I don't think they had better specs TBH, although I could have been looking at something different than you. I think Gavita's have the most overall LEDS (numbers of them) and there also using the highest luminosity chip (lm301H) I think the gavita has a ppf of 1764 and a Luminous efficency of 176.3

And I agree with Aqua, the results speak for themselves. Only if the "same exact" parts, and similar engineering config as being used on this build. ie. (mw/per diode).

It could be less or more diodes, just needs to be the appropriate ratio for it. (less or more) The beauty of this build, is that it's very "underpowered" for how many diodes it's got.

In terms of LED diodes, the Gavita has 3264 white and 72 red diodes, compared to 2142 white and 84 red on the SPYDR.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a caveat on that. I don't know how it is up north but the in the legal spots you get kind of limited on what you can run because of UL and all that jazz. So you cant really throw stuff together. Not saying that's the sole reason it's just that kind of takes a lot of options off the table from the get go. That and warranties.

After the big warehouse fire here that killed some people fire marshal's went hard and started calling everyone on everything. UL. MH fixtures with no glass ect. Also some of the reason Solistek, Nano and others came out with v2's and v3's of there current offerings.
Thats a great point like HLG has the 550 certified but my 600 is not and that accounts for a lot of the cost difference. My 600 outperforms the 550 yet is significantly cheaper.

Ok sorry @MIMedGrower gonna stop derailing the thread

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Never saw one at all but suspected them in the first seedlings. The last seedlings in the pic will be treated in a couple days. Then im going to hit the 1 gallons with botanigard and again in the 3 gallon before flowering.
Nice, that's exactly the same protocol I use. As much as I dont like to use it I have to admit, I love the fact that you get quite a few crop cycles after using it without seeing a single pest. It just removes a concern. And a grow with few concerns is always welcome.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice, that's exactly the same protocol I use. As much as I dont like to use it I have to admit, I love the fact that you get quite a few crop cycles after using it without seeing a single pest. It just removes a concern. And a grow with few concerns is always welcome.

Cool. Im glad im doing it right. I have a lot of anxiety about it.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've started using pails like your boxes for stacking as well, is that for height control? Seems like your really on top of the spacing part, making sure all sides get good sunlight at all times. Is that part of your magic for making them "stretchers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom