Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've started using pails like your boxes for stacking as well, is that for height control? Seems like your really on top of the spacing part, making sure all sides get good sunlight at all times. Is that part of your magic for making them "stretchers"

Yes the lamps are fixed up high. No choice with different stage plants. And i move and rotate the plants as i work with them. I think that helps with the branching in stretch and in growing more and bigger buds. But i dont think its just the light penetration. I think the wind changing direction on the plant helps with growth too. Stimulates more parts to grow well.

Took a lot of tries but i have grown a bunch of 7-8 oz (just premium nugs weight) plants in #3 nursery pots. Which i understand are really 2.4 gallons volume not 3. I never used any additives or changed lights or anything to gain those yields. Just good gardening practice and these simple techniques. When i was new it was 2oz with the same seeds

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Never saw one at all but suspected them in the first seedlings. The last seedlings in the pic will be treated in a couple days. Then im going to hit the 1 gallons with botanigard and again in the 3 gallon before flowering.

I haven't seen anything but good bugs since I got my predators. Been trying to keep a steady supply of pollen so I can keep breeding the neoseiulus californicus laying eggs (and it's working), all my pollen sac's have eggs in them, so even a few bugs should keep any mites at bay.

On that note, I did see one single fruit nat today when I picked up one of my seedlings, but there sitting next to the bananas, so who's to know.

Think I should be "real" concerned about a single nat?

IMG 20200912 225135
Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So i decided to go with some old school Humbolt Seed Co strains. And a couple of their newer ones. And i had enough left over for a pack of th seeds mob. Which i remember from the east coast years ago.

I considered some of the newer expensive companies like exotic and sin city but every strain available sounds like an elite clone cross deapite the extensive descriptions. Good marketing but they put out so many strains i dont trust them.

Heres the shopping cart.

Thanks again everyone. This is a generous prize and i could use the good fortune lately.

2D40640B 307C 4E6C 84B5 90E3FC174DC5

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looks like lot's of Indicas there, the Kush, the MOB, the BFG seems to be also. Seems like everything you got there is Indica dominate (hybrids) to some degree or another.

These are the types of plants I really enjoy growing the most, mostly Indicas, but with some crossover.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This one's going to be an interesting indica mix, I can't wait to grow the progeny. I mixed it with my frankenstein pollens which is mostly an Indica dominate kush-auto, with this photo-period sweet smelling thai variety.

Note the brown little seed popping though in the second photo, upper center left.

IMG 20200913 1526411
IMG 20200913 152704
IMG 20200913 152730
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like lot's of Indicas there, the Kush, the MOB, the BFG seems to be also. Seems like everything you got there is Indica dominate (hybrids) to some degree or another.

These are the types of plants I really enjoy growing the most, mostly Indicas, but with some crossover.

The diesel and glue are sativa dominant. I have gravitated toward diesel and thai leaning hybrids for a long while. I mostly grew indicas when i started. Northern lights, white rhino, and Afghan leaning hybrids.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The diesel and glue are sativa dominant. I have gravitated toward diesel and thai leaning hybrids for a long while. I mostly grew indicas when i started. Northern lights, white rhino, and Afghan leaning hybrids.

Hmm, this must be incorrect then, I'm not surprised. Indica Dominant Hybrid 63% Indica / 37% Sativa

Edit: now I see, it's called "original glue" not GG#4

Yea, I got a few white rhino's coming up right now actually, and one of the GG#4 I got from a friend salvaged from a bag seed from "have a heart", so I'm going to seed both of those strains as well. Still need to find a northern lights actually, but yes, I tend to lean toward the afghans also, there just easy peasy, strong heavy producers, potent, and all-round great strain. Here's the GG#4, as she's been neglected an sitting out side on the porch still waiting for her time in the flowering room.

IMG 20200913 155308
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Ah, so that's what it was?

Sounds like there's a lot of infringement and controversy surrounding this strain actually.

The strains were rebranded as of Sept. 19, and Gorilla Glue #4 will be GG4 or Original Glue; Gorilla Glue #5 will be GG5 or New Glue; and Gorilla Glue #1 will be GG1 or Sister Glue, per the release.

Yea, that's why I was so stoked about this bag seed, because I know it's a 100% legit seed, for sure. I know there's probably a ton of fakes out there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ah, so that's what it was?

Sounds like there's a lot of infringement and controversy surrounding this strain actually.

The strains were rebranded as of Sept. 19, and Gorilla Glue #4 will be GG4 or Original Glue; Gorilla Glue #5 will be GG5 or New Glue; and Gorilla Glue #1 will be GG1 or Sister Glue, per the release.

Yea, that's why I was so stoked about this bag seed, because I know it's a 100% legit seed, for sure. I know there's probably a ton of fakes out there.

GG4 was a clone given out freely by the creator (accidental). Not a seed plant.

But even the original breeder sells seeds. Lol.

The one i got is humboldts Bigfoot glue. Their own version to be as similar as possible rather than s-1 from a reversed clone plant.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
GG4 was a clone given out freely by the creator (accidental). Not a seed plant.

But even the original breeder sells seeds. Lol.

The one i got is humboldts Bigfoot glue. Their own version to be as similar as possible rather than s-1 from a reversed clone plant.
I’ve seen some mouth watering big foot glue grows, great choices. You will not be disappointed. Peep my grow for the OG kush you have on the way. Happy grows.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Gave the Black Widow x Blue Lemon Thai plants a dose of Botanigard along with 5 ml Foliage Pro.

Bit of leaf stress showing but the numbers came back good. 1.1ec in 1.2 ec out and 6.2 ph.

The mixture was thicker and grainier than i expected but @Dirtbag confirmed it correct. 2 tablespoons botanigard wp22 to a gallon of water for root aphids.

29F3A7F1 DDEC 4FC3 8775 C1CCC9940BB7
9B26570C 2FDB 4960 9E86 47E0D1F0E0CE

Mostly look ok. Both growing new leaves presently. Should be in good shape.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Treated plants already look better and so does the citral x pow 33 that had stress after transplant. She is on the left. Even the low first leaves that yellowed are greening up.

10E7F3C9 723B 4FB4 8C15 41C0004957CE

So far so good. A 4 plant set up front and then a pair every 10 days or so. In a couple weeks when the first 4 plants are ready for flower in the #3 pots I will finish vegging the remaining plants in the veg tent under the cmh. Then start the next pair when they are ready for flower. And so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom