Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

According to the article, the goal was to have less wood compared to other soil mixes... Would you say that it has less than maybe FFOF? I get a little more than that in my motherearth Groundswell.​

I have never seen that much in ocean forest. But something was broken up in a bag of the seedling mix they sell. I forget the name.

But I think something gets into the mixer and gets crushed sometimes and they dont know. I didn't see it till i started putting my hands through it in the soil bin.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ya been a while since looked at their line....they have a bunch of sunshine in a bag, dam man

I saw the ocean forest cube and a bunch of copies of popular coco stuff.

I fall back on ocean forest with excellent results every time. But it needs a bunch of large perlite added or its always problematic for me.

The mother earth groundswell was better straight out of the bag but ran out of nutes a bit faster.

We will see how potters gold stands up. It says on the website that it can sustain some crops full cycle with little leaching.

Srenots

Srenots

I saw the ocean forest cube and a bunch of copies of popular coco stuff.

I fall back on ocean forest with excellent results every time. But it needs a bunch of large perlite added or its always problematic for me.

The mother earth groundswell was better but ran out of nutes a bit faster.

We will see how potters gold stands up. It says on the website that it can sustain some crops full cycle with little leaching.
yep...used FFOF(added perlite as well) for years with no probs from seed and clones , all the way to finish...and not 8 weeks finish....more like 12-14 weeks cuz waiting for seed to get done....luv that sht, with a lil IPM for knats n sht all good... this will be a good test to see how long it goes before it fizzles out...luv a good test...hell ya

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

I have never seen that much in ocean forest. But something was broken up in a bag of the seedling mix they sell. I forget the name.

But I think something gets into the mixer and gets crushed sometimes and they dont know. I didn't see it till i started putting my hands through it in the soil bin.
I know what your talking about, I sometimes wonder how a seed is supposed to push that aside but I obviously pick them out . But its Fox Farm Light Warrior. I use it all the time for clones and starting all sorts of seeds. I dont mind picking out the sticks lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yep...used FFOF(added perlite as well) for years with no probs from seed and clones , all the way to finish...and not 8 weeks finish....more like 12-14 weeks cuz waiting for seed to get done....luv that sht, with a lil IPM for knats n sht all good... this will be a good test to see how long it goes before it fizzles out...luv a good test...hell ya

Missed this comment last night. Just for info sake. I get 2 weeks water only in the red party 18oz cups from sprout or clone before i see nutes running out.

Then up to 3 weeks in a one gallon. And after a week or two more in veg in the final 3 gallon pot depending on the plant up to 2 more weeks. So 3 max for me then need supplemental nutes.

However. I never ph nutes or water in it with my 150 ppm or .3 ec well water and it has buffered fine with no noticable ph swings til over 12 weeks flowering with pretty large plants. No lime or cal mag added.

So i have had mature plants stay healthy in it for 14 or 15 weeks using fertilizer responsibly.

Why do so many have issues with it. Over watering?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Missed this comment last night. Just for info sake. I get 2 weeks water only in the red party 18oz cups from sprout or clone before i see nutes running out.

Then up to 3 weeks in a one gallon. And after a week or two more in veg in the final 3 gallon pot depending on the plant up to 2 more weeks. So 3 max for me then need supplemental nutes.

However. I never ph nutes or water in it with my 150 ppm or .3 ec well water and it has buffered fine with no noticable ph swings til over 12 weeks flowering with pretty large plants. No lime or cal mag added.

So i have had mature plants stay healthy in it for 14 or 15 weeks using fertilizer responsibly.

I'd love to know the answer to that last question. I've avoided using it because of friends having bad experiences with it. But I've always wanted to try it.

Srenots

Srenots

yep same here....using light nutes along the way until done...never had any issues with it, but yes maybe some folks are overwatering, idk

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'd love to know the answer to that last question. I've avoided using it because of friends having bad experiences with it. But I've always wanted to try it.

Been thinking about my experiences with OF and these are problems i know of.

It doesnt drain well and compacts too much without 20-25% large perlite added.

Many growers add a bunch of lime it does not need. Or use too much cal mag and lock it up.

Transition can be tricky sometimes with sensitive plants. I start very light with nutes at first and never before 2-3 weeks out.

It is not always mixed well. I find the clumps need to be broken up or there can be hot spots.

And of course over watering can end you up with very hot and acidic nutrient rich soil.

Of course these tips could go for any amended potting soil. Guess thats why light mixes are so popular.

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

Thanks man. That soil is super fluffy and light but i pulled so much wood out of the first bag i could build a little craft toy.

I will snap a pic......

View attachment 867879

Please ignore the towel ring. Lol. I needed the light.

I got a good set of different leaning phenos going this round. Should be some nice diverse flavors, smells and highs coming.
Ya that’s not soil, might become soil by next year. Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Trimmin’ the Herijuana x Jack 33

Its Mota Heri and Ch9’s. Cubed mix of the great old Sensei Seed plants including Jack Herrer, Hash Plant and Power Plant.

The chocolate shit smell has remained. Really its old school skunky and chocolate.

But now the flavor has a berry background. It was delicious and right on exhale a full sensation from the middle of my chest spread out and up givin me a head rush and body melt together.

Surprising actually. My new solis tech ballasts supposedly give 15% more light than the old galaxies. I think it may have improved the hortilux spectrum like they advertise their own ballasts do. Sure looks a bit “whiter” in the room than before.

7598668D 9265 4B84 B178 EE48EE147F0C
F274BEA4 5FA7 4AE6 B77D 78A757EB9F68
8669226D C820 4DFD 8F24 834E0430A251

E

eirI

I guess after 5 years of perpetual growing and more than 35 years smoking herb and in the industries black market its time i start my own thread.

I grow a small but productive medical garden with mrs. Mmg and i allowed up to 24 plants. We both have realized health benefits from weed and have strived for top quality in the garden over yield or money.

Greed is the killer when farming in my opinion. Patience and details are key.

For now i just want to post some pics from last night when i entered the flower room at lights on.

I just love it when things are going well (of course) and had to take pics of the garden waking up.

Each plant is from a feminized seed and is a different strain/cross/pheno staggared about 10 days apart on average for a continued variety of flowers.

I did this also to remain in plant count with a higher output and space management per month while keeping to the rediculous 2.5 oz per patient rule of weed on hand allowed.

The house has appeared to be in full compliance the whole time.

With rec now legal i may monocrop in a new 4x8 tent and actually take some time off. I have gardened every day for 4 years in a row.

I have health issues from birth that prematurely ended my sales management carreer and now work more often. Lol.

Sorry. I will shut up now and post pics.

View attachment 860397View attachment 860398View attachment 860399View attachment 860400View attachment 860401View attachment 860402

Presently these are all CH9 seeds. I have tried many different seeds and we tend to like ch9 best. Almost 100% germination after hundreds of plants and fantastic old school effects combined with strong medical effects. And bred from some of the best genetics ever available in my opinion.

I will still mix in other genetics as I go.

Hope that was a good intro. I will try to update often and all other growers are welcome. Except for trolls. Lol.
Wow I just want to hug one. Beautiful !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom